Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2022 - Rumors & Discussion

12 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Okay it won't let me quote you for some reason but... @Buckethead you are clearly confused. At no point in this thread have I said or even suggested that the new leaked photo of Thor's suit is fake. In fact I mentioned that I saw it hours before it was online and thought that it was cool. I was just mentioning where it came from and how I thought it was funny that it showed up on this thread. No where did I suggest it was fake. 

It really seems like you just brought up a convo from a previous thread to prove that you were right, which I agree I am probably wrong on the initial thought that the old poster was fake but again it's not confirmed and bringing up that argument in the first place was unnecessary and just made it seem like you just wanted credit for being right

Okay. My bad. After our disagreement regarding the poster and you responding "lol" to the new promo, I got the impression you thought it was fake too. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your comment. I only brought up our previous discussion in defense of the newly leaked promo of Thor.

Also, of course I want to be right. You said you would "remember" me because of a previous disagreement. I'm not always right, but that doesn't mean I can't be petty.

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Yeah that make sense tbh, knowling lego atleast it will have different printing for both helmet in the same mold. I just hope we cover all the primary characters needed in this film. There’s Gorr, Valkyrie, Thor & Jane maybe Korg & Miek. I know Guardians are in this film but I don’t think they will be included in both sets.

Definitely want Toothnasher and Toothgrinder (the goats) in some form, hopefully a good brickbuilt version

Just now, Buckethead said:

Okay. My bad. After our disagreement regarding the poster and you responding "lol" to the new promo, I got the impression you thought it was fake too. I'm sorry if I misinterpreted your comment. I only brought up our previous discussion in defense of the newly leaked promo of Thor.

Also, of course I want to be right. You said you would "remember" me because of a previous disagreement. I'm not always right, but that doesn't mean I can't be petty.

Alright. I apologize for my previous statements that I now believe to probably be false. I say lol to everything sorry, sometimes its sarcastic and sometimes it's not. In this situation it was more of a, oh hey that's funny. 

4 minutes ago, bradreed715 said:

Definitely want Toothnasher and Toothgrinder (the goats) in some form, hopefully a good brickbuilt version

Do we have any animal mold that can represent them and just add new printing? Maybe that will do it. I don’t think brick built is going to be the answer, would look weird tbh.

6 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Do we have any animal mold that can represent them and just add new printing? Maybe that will do it. I don’t think brick built is going to be the answer, would look weird tbh.

The goat mould has only been used one and form the leaked poster, isn't quite the right type of goat anyhow, I think a new mold is more likely than the old. But frankly I will take any goats, and lucky I am  a fan of the Thor films but even if I wasn't I'd be after the goats.

10 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

I was thinking akin to Fluffy in the new Harry Potter Sets. Maybe a new mold for the heads and different colored but a brickbuilt body to make it the right size but still "lego like" and reducing the price as opposed to larger, I don't know, horselike molds

I am worried about those sets, because Love and Thunder is my most hyped MCU movie.

The characters are so detailed - they need arm printing and dual-moulding, new helmet moulds, new torso and leg prints, and Jane even needs leg dual-moulding.

I really hope they don't cheap out on the minifigures.

27 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Brickbuilt is the only way. They are too big to be a single mould.

6 hours ago, oxy220 said:

This year Spider-Man turns 60 years old. I wish LEGO would release sets in honor of this

If that happens, will probably be under the legacy set line or a bunch of comic inspired sets. Probably in Summer 2022.

5 hours ago, Buckethead said:

New Thor look for Love And Thunder

Reveal hidden contents

Going to be honest, not a fan of Thor's design :shrug_oh_well:

6 hours ago, Mr No said:

I start to have my doubts we get BPII sets this year, I think they might delay the film, they aren't even finished filming yet. 

Yeah, they may have to do big reshoots. Actress who played Shuri has not returned to set and she was meant to today. Personally I expect the whole movie to get pushed back to February or May 2023.

7 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Reveal hidden contents

I know they're going for an 80s-action figure-thundercats-he-man type thing with Thor but I'm not really a fan. I could see Wolverine or Hawkman's helmet being used for him.

Jane looks great though.

LEGO may well use Wolverine's helmet for Thor and Jane. Of course, I don't rule it out, but I would like brand new helmets for them

12 hours ago, Buckethead said:

Hide contents

Honestly, I PRAY that it's fake. Thor's costume is horrible looking and absolutely ridiculous. Far worse than anything he had in the comics, and those got pretty silly too.

38 minutes ago, bricksandabear said:

Honestly, I PRAY that it's fake. Thor's costume is horrible looking and absolutely ridiculous. Far worse than anything he had in the comics, and those got pretty silly too.

That's Taika Waititi for ya

1 hour ago, bricksandabear said:

Thor suit looks fine. It's just that either it's not the final look of the costume, or it's concept art.

On 1/5/2022 at 10:02 PM, Legocity2713 said:

:iamded_lol::iamded_lol: This comment went unapreciated.  Also, took me long enough to find this thread, I was waiting on the 2021 one to open back up :grin:

:wink:

18 hours ago, bradreed715 said:

No? 

Dude, just like if someone asks, if are you a god, you always say, YES!!

Edited by The Jersey Brick Guy

I've been going through comments on Fulcrum's latest posts (the one with hint at Fate's minifigure, to be precise)

And he responded to someone saying that $500 set is Marvel

15 minutes ago, Flixter said:

I've been going through comments on Fulcrum's latest posts (the one with hint at Fate's minifigure, to be precise)

And he responded to someone saying that $500 set is Marvel

Nice catch. I hope he does know what he is talking about. I’m not questioning the guy, but if what he is saying is true. It’s big news. Massive news! 

1 minute ago, SpiderJazz said:

Nice catch. I hope he does know what he is talking about. I’m not questioning the guy, but if what he is saying is true. It’s big news. Massive news! 

Is it tho? I mean that's what all of us were expecting. No one thought a 500€ Super Heroes set would be for DC.

1 hour ago, The Jersey Brick Guy said:

:wink:

Dude, just like if someone asks, if are you a god, you always say, YES!!

Okay I'll remember that:grin:

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Is it tho? I mean that's what all of us were expecting. No one thought a 500€ Super Heroes set would be for DC.

Actually as recently as a couple hours ago people in the DC thread thought they found evidence of it being DC, granted it was a misunderstanding from Brick Leaky but they discussed it as this is a Discussion forum and not all ideas need to be shot down as if everyone who isn't you is unintelligent

7 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Atleast for me? I wasn’t following this forum for a long time. I dunno if someone credible already mentioned this info, must have missed it. 

I think the D2C set is Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers Tower or X-Men Mansion

But most likely, it seems to me, there will be Avengers Tower

15 minutes ago, oxy220 said:

I think the D2C set is Sanctum Sanctorum, Avengers Tower or X-Men Mansion

But most likely, it seems to me, there will be Avengers Tower

Pretty sure it was either said not to be, or just a low chance for it to be, but I'd love to see the Sanctum be the D2C. The 2018 set was one of my favourite sets, but it doesn't do justice to the place in the interior, which is really just because the set is half pizza place. I've also loved both sets displaying the inner Sanctum. They could go so crazy with a big modular Sanctum

But if all that falls through, I would also love to get an Avengers Mansion. Seems less unlikely compared to the Tower, but a set with all the classic comic Avenger suits and the Masters of Evil would be a dream come true

Edited by Quicksilver838

10 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Pretty sure it was either said not to be, or just a low chance for it to be, but I'd love to see the Sanctum be the D2C. The 2018 set was one of my favourite sets, but it doesn't do justice to the place in the interior, which is really just because the set is half pizza place. I've also loved both sets displaying the inner Sanctum. They could go so crazy with a big modular Sanctum

But if all that falls through, I would also love to get an Avengers Mansion. Seems less unlikely compared to the Tower, but a set with all the classic comic Avenger suits and the Masters of Evil would be a dream come true

I would be very surprised if this isn't based on the MCU. With it being the 10th anniversary of the theme and the first Avengers movie and the Daily Bugle still being sold it wouldn't make much sense to me if it were a comic set.

Interchangeable Stark/Avengers tower would be perfect. I hope the minifigure selection is not based on the movie because we have the AoU figures covered already, it’s nice for them to have update designs. But I would rather get figures that we didn’t for Endgame final battle. 

10 hours ago, bricksandabear said:

To each their own with Thor’s new look. I actually REALLY like it and you can’t really say it’s worse than anything he had in the comics because 1. He was a lot of horrendous things in the 80s and 2. His new look is straight from the comics. Walt Simonson gave him battle armor where this new look takes a lot of inspiration: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91qKx4qEFWL.jpg.

I’m personally really excited for this new movie. The director Taika Waititi said my fav quote of 2021: “Well, just between (me and) you and the readers, I’ve done some crazy sh*t in my life. I’ve lived, like, 10 lifetimes. But it’s the craziest film I’ve ever done. If you wrote down all the elements of this film, it shouldn’t make sense. It’s almost like it shouldn’t be made. If you walked into a room and said, ‘I want this and this and this.’ Who’s in it? These people. What are you going to call it? Love And Thunder. I mean, you’d never work again. Maybe I won’t after this.” This quote has me pumped for Love & Thunder and Taika can do any batsh*t crazy stuff he wants to. I’m game lol

1 hour ago, Moon_Knight said:

To each their own with Thor’s new look. I actually REALLY like it and you can’t really say it’s worse than anything he had in the comics because 1. He was a lot of horrendous things in the 80s and 2. His new look is straight from the comics. Walt Simonson gave him battle armor where this new look takes a lot of inspiration: https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/91qKx4qEFWL.jpg.

I’m personally really excited for this new movie. The director Taika Waititi said my fav quote of 2021: “Well, just between (me and) you and the readers, I’ve done some crazy sh*t in my life. I’ve lived, like, 10 lifetimes. But it’s the craziest film I’ve ever done. If you wrote down all the elements of this film, it shouldn’t make sense. It’s almost like it shouldn’t be made. If you walked into a room and said, ‘I want this and this and this.’ Who’s in it? These people. What are you going to call it? Love And Thunder. I mean, you’d never work again. Maybe I won’t after this.” This quote has me pumped for Love & Thunder and Taika can do any batsh*t crazy stuff he wants to. I’m game lol

I have some mixed feelings about the suit. For the most part, I like the design. His former outfits have always been muted in color (except for the cape), so the blue and gold are very vibrant in contrast. I also like how the gold makes him look more like Odin; I know he's no longer a King, but he starts to look more like royalty. The helmet's a bit much though. I'm curious to see how it translates to film. I'd like LEGO to make a new mold, but I could see them using either Wolverine or Hawkman's helmet.