Jim

[REVIEW] 42138 - Ford Mustang Shelby GT500

Great review of a pretty meh set. It's unfortunate that after so much growth with 2021's Mclaren that we take such a severe step backwards in engineering for this year's releases at this scale. As far as pullbacks go, I do think it's nice to have a launch control feature here and does increase the playability surrounding such a set, and likely is something that'd be more difficult to implement at the lower price range. With that said, I think ultimately they should have endeavored to include these functions in a creator expert car - the looks of this set are okay, but as always they suffer because of the limitations of technic shaping, yet we don't have the features to excuse such a car being build with those limitations. it's quite unfortunate to not even have the "mini" piston builds that previous sets in this scale have utilized, especially in conjunction with the pullback motors. 

12 hours ago, VBBN said:

As far as pullbacks go, I do think it's nice to have a launch control feature here and does increase the playability surrounding such a set, and likely is something that'd be more difficult to implement at the lower price range. With that said, I think ultimately they should have endeavored to include these functions in a creator expert car

The issue with putting a pullback in a Creator Expert car is that those models don't have the durability of a good Technic model, which is a key thing when they're getting smashed into walls with a pullback motor...

11 hours ago, iLego said:

in which steering and pullback can be enabled/disabled.

This would have been a very clever way for the Mustang and E-Porsche, never thought about this solution :-)

Great review, I am a fan of muscle cars especially the Mustang I think I will wait on this set though.

Its going to be one of those sets that's worth getting when it is reduced