Sign in to follow this  
Edwin Korstanje

MOC Oil tanker ships build in the scale 1:80

25 minutes ago, nerdsforprez said:

:thumbup: Sounds good to me.  :classic:  

For what it is worth it looks like my comments about scale were the ones that were waaaaaay off  :classic:  After @GerritvdG's photo he/she posted, I did some digging.   I probably should have done this before even commenting.  Quite amazing the differences of different vantage points of pictures taken.  From one angle, the ship appears very short and stout.  From another, long and thin.   Either way, I learned a lesson regarding these ships.  

Either way, they are fantastic builds and I do love that they are unique.  We don't get a ton of large ship builds here.  Perhaps the fact that such large builds are rare (of ships nonetheless) lead to my error in interpreting their scale.  

This is why i love posting here on EB and been back to the Technic and scaled model forum that we can discus items that i don't get on other social media forum like FB.

Yes it's a very short ship in real and is only 80 meters long and for  me is a meter long model also a small model and hate to build in scale 1:80, but i have to work with what the client wanted and that's the downsite of being a professional builder.

I am glad what you wrote to me and can discus it at a normaal way @nerdsforprez:thumbup:

59 minutes ago, Edwin Korstanje said:

This is why i love posting here on EB and been back to the Technic and scaled model forum that we can discus items that i don't get on other social media forum like FB.

Yes it's a very short ship in real and is only 80 meters long and for  me is a meter long model also a small model and hate to build in scale 1:80, but i have to work with what the client wanted and that's the downsite of being a professional builder.

I am glad what you wrote to me and can discus it at a normaal way @nerdsforprez:thumbup:

:thumbup:

14 hours ago, Pato Sentado said:

Very nice ships.

TENTE is coming back and has very good pieces to make ships easily but in a much smaller scale.

@Pato SentadoThanks, but can you tell me, how and what is TENTE ?!

Edited by Edwin Korstanje

On 12/4/2021 at 6:06 PM, Milan said:

Again a beautiful scale model from our ship builder :wink:
Well done, @Edwin Korstanje.
And nice to see you and @nerdsforprez sorted this out :thumbup:

Thank you Milan for your reaction and happy we got people here can sorted thinks out on adult way by ourselfs.:wink:

I am a great fan of Erwin 's work and entered to the scale model subforum to check that. As far as the posts don't get lost in the more active Technic forum seems good for me.

7 minutes ago, Pato Sentado said:

I am a great fan of Erwin 's work and entered to the scale model subforum to check that. As far as the posts don't get lost in the more active Technic forum seems good for me.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, Pato Sentado said:

Very nice ships.

TENTE is coming back and has very good pieces to make ships easily but in a much smaller scale.

@Pato Sentado What is TENTE?! to make better ship hules.

It is an Spanish toy, different enough to Lego to win a trial... It features holes in the studs that add extra possibilities, but more important, had bows, sterns, printed windows, cranes, chimneys and some other pieces aimed at ship building.

It was discontinued in the 90s but has recently resurrected.

It was aimed as a toy, not the marvels you build, but for small scales, around 1:300 can do as adult scale modeling.

This was an official set, a Santa María/Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigate of the 80s

ALIM4159.jpg

I did not want to put too much about it here and sent you a private message. Sorry if I am breaking any forum rule.

1 hour ago, Pato Sentado said:

It is an Spanish toy, different enough to Lego to win a trial... It features holes in the studs that add extra possibilities, but more important, had bows, sterns, printed windows, cranes, chimneys and some other pieces aimed at ship building.

It was discontinued in the 90s but has recently resurrected.

It was aimed as a toy, not the marvels you build, but for small scales, around 1:300 can do as adult scale modeling.

This was an official set, a Santa María/Oliver Hazard Perry Class frigate of the 80s

Thanks @Pato Sentado It's looks good, but unfortunaletly mine client's only wanted that i work with LEGO®. I don't know this brand, but know that COBI have many more bricks tiles, slopes, curved slopes, plates, and are way better than LEGO® have and the qualty is great. The only problem is i can't work with clone brands even they are good ore even better.:wink:

Your ship models always amaze me as to the detail you achieve.

Having worked on similar vessels, your models are instantly recognisable to me as a medium size Product Tankers.

Given the scale, the deck fittings are very accurate.

You have the inclined rails on the port side stern quarter but the lifeboat that is launch from them seems to be missing.

The craft on the other side is a rescue boat.

Edited by Doug72

7 hours ago, Doug72 said:

You have the inclined rails on the port side stern quarter but the lifeboat that is launch from them seems to be missing.

Your are correct @Doug72 and the lifeboat is missing, because the deadline was to close. Only 3 hours before complete the model i had the delivery and will send them later to the client.:wink: