So a preliminary image of a Creator set leaked today. Can we expect that the entire summer wave of Ninjago leaks today or not?

5 minutes ago, Bloquerto said:

So a preliminary image of a Creator set leaked today. Can we expect that the entire summer wave of Ninjago leaks today or not?

Very much doubt it. One set doesn't mean all sets leak. They may have just stumbled across the image on a small website or something, I dont think it will be like last years bonanza where we all found the pics on a catalogue website. Those where the days........

Really, I dont think so. Its one set image, and if they had a catalogue or multiple images, I'd guess they'd release all of them. Im not sure why anyone would keep the info back unless pressured by the guy lego hired to stop leaks, they probably hunt lego leakers down like bounty hunters....

Hopefully we see pics soon, though we have a rough idea for at least 2 of the sets, the temple and the jet. 

Never mind, I stand corrected! Set images have leaked! Blank grey box art but the sets and figs are there. And my god is this an interesting wave! We seem to be getting black skeletons again, I dunno about that, jays bike looks alright, a little flat but fine. Coles car, also fine looking, but I’m not a fan of the gold blades. Also wings on the ninja are comically oversized….

centaur seems way to big and almost MOC like, so it’s awesome. Harumi as well. 

36 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Never mind, I stand corrected! Set images have leaked! Blank grey box art but the sets and figs are there. And my god is this an interesting wave! We seem to be getting black skeletons again, I dunno about that, jays bike looks alright, a little flat but fine. Coles car, also fine looking, but I’m not a fan of the gold blades. Also wings on the ninja are comically oversized….

Wow, the sets really got leaked. Cool. It definitely looks like a good wave. I like Crystal King a lot. He looks so menacing and cool. Also, the ninja vehicles really seem to be updated version of the golden weapon vehicles from Rise of the Snakes. Seeing the images I noted some things:

The golden dragon ninja minifigs seem to be exclusive of their respective sets.
The bad guy's minions are indeed ice samurai but in black and purple.
The Crystal King looks like a mix of Garmadon and The Overlord.
The weapons of Aspheera and Skull Sorcerer may be different from the ones of the preliminary pictures. I believe their weapons will be the sword of fire and scythe of quakes but in a crystal sword like the finished box art of the Zane's jet seems to point.
The big baddie of Kai's set looks to be Unagami but perhaps is The Overlord. 

Edited by Bloquerto

2 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

Those are not skeletons they are figs with the ice zombie samurai armor.  Also looks like Harumi in the Crystal King set with Lloyd.  That blade that Aspheera and the skull sorcerer have seems new.  We have seen the wings with a leak from earlier and they actually look really good.  

Also what gold blades are you talking about because all the weapons I see the ninja have are already being used or have been used by the ninja in past seasons.  

Edited by zoth33

1 hour ago, Robert8 said:

Kind of feels Monkie Kid-ish, right?

Isn't Monkie kid kind of based off the Ninjago style.  I think Monkie kid is more like Ninjago with some other flare to it. 

Out of these, the only one that stands out is the Crystal King, which looks fantastic! The shaping is great, with the helmet and shoulders really standing out to me. I can't wait to see the whole thing, lower torso and back legs included. Cole's racer looks like a weird mix of an off-roader with a street car, I really don't know how to feel about it. Given how busy the back looks though, I suspect it has some transformation feature. Jay's bike is the usual, not much to say. What we can see of Kai's raider looks interesting, but it's too little to make any judgment of the whole thing.

The other interesting thing to note is the minifigs. The re-use of the ice armor and helmet makes sense, and it looks good too. It does seem the accessories changed from these preliminaries to the finished product (Look at the minifigs in the jet) and I'm disappointed they removed the epic battle weapons from the winged ninja, I really liked those parts and was hoping to see more of them in the future. One more thing to note, it does indeed seem that one of the samurai in the raider set is a returning villain, but I can't tell who (he seems to use the generic samurai helmet? Who could it be?)

But yeah. I really want to see the other three since they seemed more interesting than the generic vehicles from the descriptions, but maybe that'll happen soon. Looks pretty good so far though.

4 minutes ago, The_Fiery_Rooster said:

One more thing to note, it does indeed seem that one of the samurai in the raider set is a returning villain, but I can't tell who (he seems to use the generic samurai helmet? Who could it be?)

I would say the options are The Overlord (because he has used that helmet piece in the past), Vex (maybe the new crystal armor is incompatible with the blizzard samurai helmets), Ice Emperor (apparently there is an episode from the new season titled The return of Ice Emperor), a new second in command of the Crystal King or just a different variant of the regular baddies.

ok. so borgs legs are back, thats sort of unexpected. I like the bike, and for @zoth33 I was talking about the giant golden blades on the Cole car. My guess, as someone has already said, is its a transformation feature and the blades probably swing out or something. 

These are obviously VERY preliminary and the previous weeks Zane Jet is the more modern or final product (albeit blurry). Nice colouration used for the enemies, black, purple and pink. I suspect these are the images Promobricks saw as they still have the (presumably) placeholder Epic Battle moulds instead of the new scythe.

I really like the crystal king, he seems to have an even darker colour scheme than the Overlord Dragon! 

Also with the bike there seems to be some kind of black animal, or centaur kind of person. From the set descriptions do we have any idea of what that could be? 

1 minute ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

Also with the bike there seems to be some kind of black animal, or centaur kind of person. From the set descriptions do we have any idea of what that could be? 

I believe that is just a small  turret build. Promobricks mentioned it a well.

15 minutes ago, DarthLeapyous said:

I believe that is just a small  turret build. Promobricks mentioned it a well.

Ah I think I got a bit carried away in the excitement :grin:. I’ll wait for official pictures to see some of the details 

Im actually a fan of the dragon wing suits, it’s a shame Lloyd just seems to come with a normal look in the crystal king set. 

Honestly I think its Borgs legs. We dont really have a villain for season 3 and this thing seems to have multiple legs. Each set seems to have a "resurrected villain" and it seems its just a crystal samurai for the minifigs, so im guessing that its Borgs legs as it is an easy way to shoehorn in an old villain without the fig. If these are the pictures promo bricks saw its pretty easy to mistake that black thing in the corner for a small turret or something. 

The minifigs look pretty good. I love the pink and black design.  Are the ninja's wings a new mould, or are they the Stone Gargoyle Nexo Knight wings recoloured? 

The Crystal King looks amazing! I love his big hooves and the way his front legs bend differently to a traditional horse/centaur

Welp, promobricks just leaked the entire season. Spoilers ahead, but holy crap! 

The 16th Season of LEGO Ninjago will definitely be something special. As we already told you in the last article about the summer sets, some well-known opponents come back and the ninja receive golden wing suits. For several seasons, a mysterious "Vengestone buyer" has been in conversation again and again. This is the so-called crystal king, who is supposed to turn out to be an overlord. In the new season, he uses Vengestone (a rock that can inhibit the forces of the ninja) to forge the weapons of destruction from the four golden weapons of the Spinjitzus. In order to defeat the Overlord, the ninja must unleash the dragon powers to improve themselves and their vehicles. Ultimately, the four original ninja Kai, Jay, Cole and Zane merge into a big golden dragon.

However, the overlord does not appear alone and is supported by the villains Pythor, Harumi, the skull magician, Aspheera and MR.E. But the five ninja can also count on allies, because they will not only be accompanied by their master Wu, Nya will also return as Samurai X. And that's not all: Lord Garmadon, Skylor and newspaper boy Nelson support the team. Get ready for the biggest and most epic adventure”.

I have to say this sounds extremely exciting!

Not sure if anyone else has mentioned this and I just missed it, but it looks like Promobricks also has some new descriptions out now that give us a better idea of what comes in each set. So far I'm definitely interested in the Crystal King just based on the image leak, it looks very impressive. The new description also has me interested in the Golden Dragon and the Samurai X Mech. Apparently the dragon is formed out of the four ninjas, which is certainly an interesting idea. And the Samurai X mech comes with six exclusive minifigures, those being Samurai X (Nya), Wu, Lord Garmadon, Nelson, Pythor, and a Vengestone General. I'll need to see some pictures of those two sets, but they both sound pretty neat. 

I might be forgetting another set, but I think the only one we don't have much information on now is the Crystal Temple. Hopefully we get to see that one soon, because I thought it sounded like a fairly unique concept for Ninjago.

7 minutes ago, Meadius said:

I might be forgetting another set, but I think the only one we don't have much information on now is the Crystal Temple. Hopefully we get to see that one soon, because I thought it sounded like a fairly unique concept for Ninjago.

Promobricks has a description for it in their article 

38 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Promobricks has a description for it in their article 

Somehow I just missed that one, thanks for the heads up. I find it weird how the ninjas have exclusive suits in that set, because that means there are going to be three different versions of Kai, Cole, Zane, and Jay just in this one wave. The build also sounds unique, hopefully it turns out good.

I wonder if Nya will return to her old form or just momentarily "help out". Not clear for me from descriptions.

Anyway really sounds like "Endgame" Ninjago. Curious what will follow next. Maybe they'll just do some kind of shorts from now on.

I just can't get any more sets though a new Harumi, Skylor Garmadon and Nya would have been super nice to own (Lego knows how to get me ; )

1 hour ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Curious what will follow next. Maybe they'll just do some kind of shorts from now on.

Spoiler

Apparently, after this season it will be a soft reboot for Ninjago. Probably like what happened with Secrets of the Forbidden Spinjitzu.