42100, especially used is the best option. For typical MOCing, you need only single Liebherr set, because you get 7 motors and two hubs.

3 hours ago, M_longer said:

42100, especially used is the best option. For typical MOCing, you need only single Liebherr set, because you get 7 motors and two hubs.

I already voiced my opinion on the 51515 set, but the Liebherr is indeed a real contender for the best PU starter set considering its vast amount of electronics. It has a few shortcomings though: no tires, no differentials, relatively few gears and not much in the way of gearbox parts but those are easily remedied by adding another set such as 42128.

The technic baseplate from 51515 is also pretty cool but it's mostly useful for stationary models.

5 hours ago, howitzer said:

I already voiced my opinion on the 51515 set, but the Liebherr is indeed a real contender for the best PU starter set considering its vast amount of electronics. It has a few shortcomings though: no tires, no differentials, relatively few gears and not much in the way of gearbox parts but those are easily remedied by adding another set such as 42128.

I think a combination of 42100 and 42129 (or 42099) is a good one, because you get a ton of motors plus suspension parts, planetary hubs and wheels.

for me i would buy the Liebherr set (if i had the money) because the most PU parts, 4108 pieces and will set you for PU parts

and would be fun to play whit whit that big bucket.