Sign in to follow this  
Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Mission #5: Slay Ride

MM Note: I'll autorun the next round with everyone moving to attack the Shaman, unless you were wanting to try something else @Duvors

51532635792_76e225b9de_c.jpg

The heroes surround the second to last monger with attacks from all sides and the creature falls to solid hits from Ronin, Aysu, and Decker. Enson heals Ronin before advancing on the Shaman as Polaris calls down a thunder strike upon the monster with shocking power. The Shaman takes a moment to meditate, hoping that it could survive the next few seconds.

Round 4
Ronin moves to C3
Ronin attacks Glacier Monger Hurler A - (5,5,+2) 4 Successes vs. (6,4) 2 Success = 2 Damage
Aysu vs. Glacier Monger Hurler B - (5,2,1, +2) 3 Successes vs. (6,3) 1 Successes = 2 Damage
Enson casts Sustaining Healing on Ronin - (6,5,+1) 3 Successes = 3 Vitality Restored (-1 Spirit)
Enson moves to F2
Polaris moves to F5
Polaris casts Elemental Bolt at Glacier Monger Shaman - (6) 1 Success = 1 Damage (-1 Spirit)
Decker moves to E4
Decker vs. Glacier Monger Hurler A - (5, +2) 2 Successes vs. (5,5) 2 Successes = 1 Damage, KO'd

Glacier Monger Shaman Meditates - (4,2,6) 2 Successes = 2 Spirit Restored

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
60 cycles old male Quo'ri
Character Points: 1/14
Vitality: 4/5
Velocity: 2
Strength: 1
Skill: 2
Smarts: 2
Spirit: 0/2
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Medicine 2, Melee Weapons 1, Religion 2, Survival 1
Spells: Healing Light, Purging Font
Credits: 20
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)
Inventory: Nanite Elixir 2x, Plasma Potion 3x

ice_bear_mech_profile.jpg Polaris Ursaring [with M.I.L.E.S.]  (samurai-turtle)
15 cycle old female "Chimeran" 
Character Points:  1/14 
Vitality:  5/8
Velocity:  2
Strength: 
Skill:  2
Smarts:  2
Spirit:  0/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Spells:  Elemental Evocation, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2), Field Rations (Consumable, Restores 1 Vitality)

51248320975_bcf967b704_t.jpg Aysu Kundakçı (Peppermint_M)
22 Rotations Old, Female? Adopted Human.
Character Points: 1/14
Vitality: 6/6
Strength: 2
Skill: 3
Smarts: 1
Spirit: 1
Proficiencies: Long Range Weapons 3, Nature 1, Survival 1
Spell: Enhanced Vision
Credits: 75
Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

FRa4548.jpeg Ronin (Yzalirk)
[REDACTED] Male [REDACTED]
Character Points: 1/11
Smarts: 3
Spirit: 0/0
Proficiencies: Athletics 1, Deception 1, Melee Weapons 2, Stealth 1
Known Spells: None
Credits: 10
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

DmpTTOh.png Decker DaCabe (Endgame)
24 year old male Human
Character Points: 1/11
Strength: 3
Skill: 1
Proficiencies: Melee Weapons 1, Short Range Weapons 2
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Enemy

51505430466_6eed101d76_t.jpg Glacier Monger Shaman
Spirit: 2/3
Spells: Mystic Binding, Restful Sleep, Elemental Evocation
Proficiencies: Insight 1, Nature 3, Survival 1
Equipment: Casting Cudgel (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Innate: Piercing Claws (Standard Kinetic Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

On 9/28/2021 at 1:27 AM, Waterbrick Down said:

51505430466_6eed101d76_t.jpg
"Graahg!!!"

"Fine, I'll speak your language."
And with those words Enson took in a deep breath and howled in the shaman's face.

Enson will make an Intimidation check in the hopes of getting the Shaman to give up.

Enson Intimidation Proficiency vs. Glacier Monger Intimidation Proficiency - (2,5,2) 1 Success vs. (5,4,1) 2 Successes

The creature roars back at Enson unflustered and now even more angered. Ronin rushes forward to encourage the Quo'ri to press onward as Aysu fires a debilitating shot into the monster. With a final swing of his hammer, Enson brings a crushing blow down on the monger as it sinks to its knees in the snow and then topples over dead.

THE BATTLE IS VICTORIOUS (+1 Character Point to all players)

Round 5
Ronin moves to E2
Ronin Rally's Enson - +3 Dice to Enson's next Offensive Combat Check
Aysu moves to F4
Aysu vs. Glacier Monger Shaman - (4,3,6, +2) 4 Successes vs. (6,4) 2 Successes = 2 Damage
Enson vs. Glacier Monger Shaman - (5,5,1,5,+1) 4 Successes vs. (4,1) 1 Success = 3 Damage
Polaris
Decker

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
Character Points: 2/15
Spirit: 0/2
Equipment: Void Star Hammer (+1 Melee Elemental), Utility Belt (Tool, grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Successes)

Character Points:  2/15 
Vitality:  5/8
Strength: 
Spirit:  0/1
Proficiencies: Coding 1*, Engineering 1 (+1, tool), Medicine 1 (+1, tool), Melee Weapons 1, Nature 1,  Short Range Weapons 1, 
Credits:  
Equipment: Utility Belt (tool) Grants +1 Engineering or Medicine Check Success, Whirlwind Boomerang (Standard, Elemental, Short Range Weapon),
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2), Field Rations (Consumable, Restores 1 Vitality)

Equipment:  Environment Safe Ammunition "ESA" Rifle (Calibrated Long Range, Energy), Farsight Goggles
Inventory: Plasma Potion 2x, Essence of Glibness, Pack of Crystalline Feathers (6)

Character Points: 2/12
Equipment: Cloaking Generator, Hard Light Katana (Calibrated Energy Melee Weapon)
Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Equipment: Unloaded Pistol (Calibrated Kinetic Melee Weapon), Sandblasted Cuirass (Standard Kinetic Armor)
Inventory:

Sigrún brings the sled down near the heroes.
51431956996_e570848a26_t.jpg
"Well, that was a bit of a close one. Glad to see you all can handle yourselves in a tight scrape though. Everyone still in one piece?"

"Phew. Next plume of smoke, I say we steer clear!" Aysu checked her rifle and put it back over her shoulder. "At least planetside you don't havfta worry about your ship getting holed and leaking atmosphere."  

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Well, that was a bit of a close one. Glad to see you all can handle yourselves in a tight scrape though. Everyone still in one piece?"

I think so, thanks to Enson. Taking out the Field Rations. If no one else desperately wants this, I am going to eats this... Part of me thinks the salvagers should look at the old speeder bike. Those "mongers" don't look like the type to use or even fix a speeder bike properly... Should we put out the fires or just leave it alone? 

If their is nothing else to do, I am going to try and do some meditation until we get to the next area. 

@Waterbrick Down Shouldn't the Intimidation attempt have used my action?

2 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

I think so, thanks to Enson. Taking out the Field Rations. If no one else desperately wants this, I am going to eats this... Part of me thinks the salvagers should look at the old speeder bike. Those "mongers" don't look like the type to use or even fix a speeder bike properly... Should we put out the fires or just leave it alone? 

"Oh just..." Enson tried to speak, but his voice was so hoarse that he could barely get the words out.  Holding up a hand to indicate he wasn't finished, he reached into his pocket, withdrew a canteen, and took a quick swig from it.  With a cough he replaced the item and said "Just leave it.  There's no-one here for it to harm and it'll burn itself out eventually."  Taking a moment to assess the situation, he sighed and made his way back to the sled.  Upon reaching it he sat down cross-legged in the vehicle and began to meditate.

Edited by Duvors

31 minutes ago, Duvors said:

"Oh just..." Enson tried to speak, but his voice was so hoarse that he could barely get the words out.  Holding up a hand to indicate he wasn't finished, he reached into his pocket, withdrew a canteen, and took a quick swig from it.  With a cough he replaced the item and said "Just leave it.  There's no-one here for it to harm and it'll burn itself out eventually."  Taking a moment to assess the situation, he sighed and made his way back to the sled.  Upon reaching it he sat down cross-legged in the vehicle and began to meditate.

MM Note: Not necessarily, I figured I'd give him one opening to potentially end the fight that way.

11 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"Phew. Next plume of smoke, I say we steer clear!" Aysu checked her rifle and put it back over her shoulder. "At least planetside you don't havfta worry about your ship getting holed and leaking atmosphere."  

"Agreed." Decker says, holstering his gun.

13 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Looks like it, yeah. Sorry for showing up late to the party, guys..."

3 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

If their is nothing else to do, I am going to try and do some meditation until we get to the next area.

"Hey, woah, don't put out that fire yet." Decker says, walking over and holding out his hands to the burning wreckage. It was radiating sweet, sweet warmth. "Ah, toasty, much better."

"I'm ready to leave when you folks are, aye."

1 hour ago, Duvors said:

"Still feels off though, usually mongers are less organized and I don't think I've ever seen one lay out an ambush like this... where did you say we should be heading to next?"

18 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Still feels off though, usually mongers are less organized and I don't think I've ever seen one lay out an ambush like this... where did you say we should be heading to next?"

Enson waved his hand.  "I've heard of spiders that use the husks of their prey as puppets to lure in more victims.  This isn't too different, and quite frankly the addition of the crashed speeder isn't that out of place.  They make weapons - not tools, weapons - and wear clothes.  They're clearly more intelligent then I think you're giving them credit for."
He turned to face Sigrún.  "Well," he said, "I seem to remember we were heading for the pass, unless this is it.  In that case I'd actually like to swing by the lake briefly."

"I'm good to go wherever. Exploring places is interesting, part of why I joined Heroica!" Aysu watched the others, she wasn't sure why the cold was not too much of a bother for her. Maybe it was living in a ship for most of her life? Or maybe temperature changes didn't matter.

5 hours ago, Duvors said:

Enson waved his hand.  "I've heard of spiders that use the husks of their prey as puppets to lure in more victims.  This isn't too different, and quite frankly the addition of the crashed speeder isn't that out of place.  They make weapons - not tools, weapons - and wear clothes.  They're clearly more intelligent then I think you're giving them credit for."
He turned to face Sigrún.  "Well," he said, "I seem to remember we were heading for the pass, unless this is it.  In that case I'd actually like to swing by the lake briefly."

"Yep, this be the Pass. We can continue on through and then swing south across the northern shore of the lake."

The snow begins falling rather heavily as the party loads back onto the sled. Enson and Polaris take a few moments to meditate as the Chimeran chows down on some of her Field Rations. Hours pass as the wyrms pull doggedly onward the white landscape zooming past. Here and there trees intersperse the landscape, but for the most part the hills roll on and on. Eventually Sigrún turns the sled southward.

"So tell me heroes, what were you thinking rushing down there? How do I know you aren't going to get us into any more trouble?"

Party

48966140126_7e3935929e_t.jpg Ensonvilterayquis (Enson) (Duvors) *Mission Leader*
Spirit: 2/2

Vitality:  6/8
Strength: 
Spirit:  1/1
Credits:  
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Inventory:

15 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"So tell me heroes, what were you thinking rushing down there? How do I know you aren't going to get us into any more trouble?"

What? Maybe it is because I been in similar situation and want to repay back the "cosmos" if you will. And probably will do something like it again, no matter what the danger could be. Call it being trained with military thinking leaving no one behind. Plus, imagine if that was you. Would you want some one to ignore you lying somewhere hurt just because it might be some dumb trap? If you really don't like any of this, maybe you should turn around and head back to your little village and we will get some one else to help us. 

"I didn't want the team to get hurt because I held back from battle. It looked like a trap to me, but if others put themselves at risk, I will help them back." Aysu shrugged. "The first time I went on a mission, we were able to talk to and help someone. Now we were lured into danger. It is a lesson learned."

11 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

What? Maybe it is because I been in similar situation and want to repay back the "cosmos" if you will. And probably will do something like it again, no matter what the danger could be. Call it being trained with military thinking leaving no one behind. Plus, imagine if that was you. Would you want some one to ignore you lying somewhere hurt just because it might be some dumb trap? If you really don't like any of this, maybe you should turn around and head back to your little village and we will get some one else to help us. 

"I would have to worry about lying there hurt, because I wouldn't get myself in that sort of situation in the first place. You paid me to help you stay alive out here, I can only do that as much as you trust me. There are worse things that mongers out here, let me tell you."

7 hours ago, Peppermint_M said:

"I didn't want the team to get hurt because I held back from battle. It looked like a trap to me, but if others put themselves at risk, I will help them back." Aysu shrugged. "The first time I went on a mission, we were able to talk to and help someone. Now we were lured into danger. It is a lesson learned."

"It's a valiant spirit, but courage means nothing if your dead in the snow with monger spears in your back. Perhaps next time you and your companions can evaluate the situation next time. It only takes a few moments to spot the clues for a dangerous situation."

"If anyone here is at fault, it would be me.  I guessed it might be an ambush, but I failed to act on that properly.  In future I think it would be best to follow your advice and check beforehand, and I certainly should have asked my companions to take up defensive positions instead of hanging back."

Having said this, Enson will cast Sustaining Healing on Ronin and continue to Meditate.

14 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"I would have to worry about lying there hurt, because I wouldn't get myself in that sort of situation in the first place. You paid me to help you stay alive out here, I can only do that as much as you trust me. There are worse things that mongers out here, let me tell you."

No one plans on getting hurt but it happens. You think I planned on stepping on a landmine and have my right leg get turned into some type of crystal? No I didn't, but it happened. And random stuff happens to creatures all the time... Maybe next time just say it could be a trap instead of saying "something funny here". 

Basically talking to the rest of the party members. I am starting to think this might be the wrong person for this mission... 

2 hours ago, Duvors said:

"If anyone here is at fault, it would be me.  I guessed it might be an ambush, but I failed to act on that properly.  In future I think it would be best to follow your advice and check beforehand, and I certainly should have asked my companions to take up defensive positions instead of hanging back."

Having said this, Enson will cast Sustaining Healing on Ronin and continue to Meditate.

"Sounds good. You may all survive in one piece yet."

34 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

No one plans on getting hurt but it happens. You think I planned on stepping on a landmine and have my right leg get turned into some type of crystal? No I didn't, but it happened. And random stuff happens to creatures all the time... Maybe next time just say it could be a trap instead of saying "something funny here". 

Basically talking to the rest of the party members. I am starting to think this might be the wrong person for this mission... 

"Maybe next time take a little more time to perceive what's around before jumping headlong in, that's all."

Enson heals up Ronin to full health before continuing to Meditate.

MM Note: I'll have the lake up tonight, just giving a little break for RP.

6 hours ago, Duvors said:

"Hey, don't beat yourself up for it too much. We all made it out of there. Who knows, maybe that whole situation - how it was set up and all that - may help us make sense of stuff later..."

4 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sounds good. You may all survive in one piece yet."

"Lady, I hopped on a shuttle without even checking that my weapon had ammunition, I'm not the best at that kind of stuff."

1 hour ago, Endgame said:

"Hey, don't beat yourself up for it too much. We all made it out of there. Who knows, maybe that whole situation - how it was set up and all that - may help us make sense of stuff later..."

"I'm not being any harsher on myself then I deserve, merely acknowledging a minor lapse in judgement.  As I seem to have usurped the position of leader from any other potential hopefuls it is imperative that I maintain a firm understanding of my own behavior."

Enson will cast Sustaining Healing on himself and continue Meditating.

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

"Lady, I hopped on a shuttle without even checking that my weapon had ammunition, I'm not the best at that kind of stuff."

Sigrun looks slightly incredulously at Decker and then with a smile chirps back,
"Then boy, it's a miracle you've made it this far."

After a while the sled steers up to the northern shore of the lake. Jagged pillars of stone jut out of the icy frozen landscape before them. Ice flows slowly meander across the lake cracking and groaning as they slide past one another.

"Huh, usually it's completely frozen over this time of the cycle, something must be busting parts of it up. We can get across those flows, we'll just need to make sure we distribute our weight appropriately."

51543505107_d8d5a199d6_c.jpg

Ice Flow Puzzle
In order to continue onward the party must proceed from the north east corner of the map, to the south west corner. Due to the weight of the party, not everyone can be on the same ice flow at the same time. Thus an alternating path between ice flows must be plotted. Send your path to me via PM, either as a picture, or a set of steps. Cardinal direction movements only (N,S,E,W), no diagonals. Everyone with a correct answer will receive a character point. You cannot cross through the rocky peaks. Let me know if the picture is not clear and you're unsure if squares are part of the same ice flow or if you have any other questions.

Party

Vitality: 5/5
Spirit: 2/2

Vitality:  6/8
Strength: 
Spirit:  1/1
Credits:  
Inventory:  Mecha Strike (Standard, Kinetic, Melee Range Weapon), Plasma Potion (x2)

Vitality: 5/5
Inventory:

24 year old male Human
Inventory:

3 hours ago, Endgame said:

6 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Sigrun looks slightly incredulously at Decker and then with a smile chirps back,
"Then boy, it's a miracle you've made it this far."

Giving Decker a see what I was talking about look. Right... 

10 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

After a while the sled steers up to the northern shore of the lake. Jagged pillars of stone jut out of the icy frozen landscape before them. Ice flows slowly meander across the lake cracking and groaning as they slide past one another.

"Huh, usually it's completely frozen over this time of the cycle, something must be busting parts of it up. We can get across those flows, we'll just need to make sure we distribute our weight appropriately."

51543505107_d8d5a199d6_c.jpg

Ice Flow Puzzle
In order to continue onward the party must proceed from the north east corner of the map, to the south west corner. Due to the weight of the party, not everyone can be on the same ice flow at the same time. Thus an alternating path between ice flows must be plotted. Send your path to me via PM, either as a picture, or a set of steps. Cardinal direction movements only (N,S,E,W), no diagonals. Everyone with a correct answer will receive a character point. You cannot cross through the rocky peaks. Let me know if the picture is not clear and you're unsure if squares are part of the same ice flow or if you have any other questions.

/// What would happen if Polaris falls into the water? 

You mean besides drowning? MILES, I hope your boosters are working, probably we will be hovering over most of this thing. 

/// We are about to find out. 

OoC:

I guess what the what the what? I am not seeing what you are talking about "ice flow"? Right now from my point of view my character is just going to jump over / on stuff.

58 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Giving Decker a see what I was talking about look. Right... 

/// What would happen if Polaris falls into the water? 

You mean besides drowning? MILES, I hope your boosters are working, probably we will be hovering over most of this thing. 

/// We are about to find out. 

OoC:

Hide contents

I guess what the what the what? I am not seeing what you are talking about "ice flow"? Right now from my point of view my character is just going to jump over / on stuff.

MM Note: You are in the North East Corner. You need to jump from square to square (4x4) and get to the South West Corner. Some of the 4x4 plates are connected to each other constituting an ice flow (i.e. iceberg). Your path can't be from one square to another one that's connected to it because of the weight of the party, so you have to alternate from one iceberg to another iceberg.

Should I go first since MILES and me are the heaviest? Then when we are near the other side someone else can start. 

Ok Sigrun, you are spouse to be the expert here you got any advice for this ice. 

Polaris starts to check the ice for any instability and how thick it might be. 

OoC:

I guess I am not seeing the point to this, if nothing is moving and we can not tell ware the other players are located. Why are we not just going one at a time? This doesn't seem like one of your typical puzzles Water Brick Down.

Since I am not getting it I will just put my path here in the spoiler section. I go south four times (I should be on the big iceberg in the middle). I stay on it moving three "places" west then turning south moving three "places". Turn again to the west and go four "spots" and I should be at the exit.

Edit - Is that to simple of a solution? Do I need to at least make twenty moves to get it right? 

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment