Robert8

LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series 22. Rumors and discussion

9 minutes ago, williejm said:

Grey hair piece comes with that figure 

oh ok, weird nowhere is it shown to come with that piece, so i guess i just got shorted the tail

9 minutes ago, Mattallica said:

oh ok, weird nowhere is it shown to come with that piece, so i guess i just got shorted the tail

It is shown on the official pics, just as the chili costume figure comes with a red hairpiece 

Finally have seen these in Australia. It is the first time I have ever bought a CMF blind bag as opposed to just getting them from ebay/Bricklink. I am terrible at the feel test so I basically just got reasonably random ones rather than feeling for what I wanted.

Was after Foal girl, toucan lady, dog man, purple sword woman, and bard. Bought 5 on the off chance I would get the ones I wanted. From a new box I managed to get purple sword woman, 2 x toucan lady, 2 x foal girl. Went back the next day, box didn't look like many more had gone. Bought 2 more and got 1 x toucan lady, 1 x foal girl. I really did want multiple foals so it has worked really well for me. Will try to swap one of the toucan ladies for a bard or dog man (the store has a swap system, but no-one else had purchased any to add to it), and go to Bricklink or ebay for the others.

I think I have exhausted my luck with these and won't bother buying the blind bags again. I would have been quite annoyed if I had have gotten 3 lots of 2 minifigs I didn't want which was much more likely. Even though this worked really well for me it has showed me that unless these are actually marked I am probably better off with other marketplaces to get what I want.

2 hours ago, timemail said:

Finally have seen these in Australia. It is the first time I have ever bought a CMF blind bag as opposed to just getting them from ebay/Bricklink. I am terrible at the feel test so I basically just got reasonably random ones rather than feeling for what I wanted.

Was after Foal girl, toucan lady, dog man, purple sword woman, and bard. Bought 5 on the off chance I would get the ones I wanted. From a new box I managed to get purple sword woman, 2 x toucan lady, 2 x foal girl. Went back the next day, box didn't look like many more had gone. Bought 2 more and got 1 x toucan lady, 1 x foal girl. I really did want multiple foals so it has worked really well for me. Will try to swap one of the toucan ladies for a bard or dog man (the store has a swap system, but no-one else had purchased any to add to it), and go to Bricklink or ebay for the others.

I think I have exhausted my luck with these and won't bother buying the blind bags again. I would have been quite annoyed if I had have gotten 3 lots of 2 minifigs I didn't want which was much more likely. Even though this worked really well for me it has showed me that unless these are actually marked I am probably better off with other marketplaces to get what I want.

In a new box you could have gotten the foal, toucan, and snow warrior by sticking to the front few rows 😬 (foals and toucans on the left, snow warrior and bards on the right)

2 hours ago, williejm said:

In a new box you could have gotten the foal, toucan, and snow warrior by sticking to the front few rows 😬 (foals and toucans on the left, snow warrior and bards on the right)

Thanks for the advice. I may have to drop back in on Monday and check the front ones. I didn't change the order (although it must have been slightly changed as I didn't grab all of mine from the front). I guess I may give blind bags another go after all.

16 minutes ago, timemail said:

Thanks for the advice. I may have to drop back in on Monday and check the front ones. I didn't change the order (although it must have been slightly changed as I didn't grab all of mine from the front). I guess I may give blind bags another go after all.

Yeah that’s the challenge when you try and choose ‘at random’, you might actually be minimising your chances 🤪

I do highly recommend trying the feels again. I generally get 100% accuracy, but it takes time and patience. This series, we wanted extras of the Forest character with the toadstools. I mucked up, and we ended up with two extra snow warriors instead. It helps to take a copy of the checklist with you, so you can look at the pictures to work out what you are feeling.

I was able to finally got my hands on these in Australia today, and WOW - great series! I mean, my mind was already made up, but having them actually in hand is something special. LEGO took all of the design progress they have been building up over the years and applied it thoroughly and sensibly throughout the series.

I only got the five I most wanted, but they are truly excellent figures.

Funny how the "Forest Elf" and Snow Warrior's hats have such similar properties. Textured rim, smooth domed top leading up to a little rounded point. Had to find some other pieces to differentiate.

The rest were extremely easy: foal for the foal girl, three-leaved plant identified the bird watcher straight away, and the lute was easy for the Bard.

I also felt lots of chillies and rubbish bins, so I could quickly pass on those.

16 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Funny how the "Forest Elf" and Snow Warrior's hats have such similar properties. Textured rim, smooth domed top leading up to a little rounded point. Had to find some other pieces to differentiate

Yeah, occurred to me that it’s kinda odd they didn’t do one, more stylised, mould that could have been recoloured for both. Especially since it’s hard to see the acorn hat being reused easily …

I changed the LEGO CMF Series 22 birdwatcher into an adventuress from the 1930 so she fits to Johnny Thunder and his gang. I gave her a pith helmet instead of the cap, changed the left arm to get rid of the modern watch and equipped her with a brown bag.

0_0055

0_0056

I really loved most of this series  Started my acquisitions around the Christmas holiday when I first found a not quite full box in Kohl's.  At the time I did quite well feeling for most of the ones I wanted to get before reading any feel guides.  I think the only ones I missed that first time out of the ten that I wanted were the Alien and the Robot Repair Technician.  I've since been able to find both of them and as of yesterday I think I'm finally done with this series including multiples of most of them.  I did eventually end up getting one of the Wheelchair Racer because of the unique parts, it's definitely one of the easiest to differentiate when feeling the bags.  I have to say that I think this is one of the best series so far since I started buying them.  The amount of new parts especially the new animals was fantastic.  For those interested, the only one I didn't buy was the Ice Skater and I also didn't get the matching female one from BAM.  I think I've gotten quite adept at feeling the blind bags but I do occasionally mess up.  I hope they never box these like they did with the Vidiyo ones.

I want to share this absolute masterpiece with everyone here. In this channel they have an ongoing video series in which they create a "house" for every CMF starting with Series 22

They all look amazing, but this one for the Night Protector just takes the cake. You can find of all of them in their YT channel