Yesterday...

76vErG2.jpg

"Arrr. It be you to walk the plank today, Mister Wembley."

"Very well. I accept my fate."

"Once you're gone, I'll search through your things to see your alignment."

nIl79hO.jpg

"Wait. Why don't you just do that now?"

"Arrr, that's not how the game works!"

And with that, Douglas Wembley jumped overboard.

3GxjjZC.jpg

The next day...

iqGHV9n.jpg

"Arrr, avast, we be here again today. I have some sad news. Douglas Wembley (Darkdragon) was a Loyal Pirate! Do better today to find me a real traitor!"

"Captain!" Vivian shouted. "We're almost out of the rock field."

"Ah, excellent. We be about halfway to our destination now." Redbeard replied.

---

NPCs:
P3maG08.jpg
Captain Redbeard (NPC)

Players (7):
tOtfiPx.jpg
Spencer "Cutlass" Milford - Played By KotZ
AhT2R6v.jpg
Kieran "Two Guns" Newport - Played by Tariq j
44c79HB.jpg
Vivian "Viv" Pierce - Played by Kaanere
mRFhWdL.jpg
Isaac "Dragon" Wallace - Played by Jack Sassy
WAC4TAY.jpg
Murphy "Bad-Eye" Blake - Played by Duvors
7kHGV9u.jpg
Noah "The Map" Nelson - Played by JintaiZ
D3trce5.jpg
Harper "Sea-Salt" Lawson - Played by Rumble Strike

Overboard (1): 
O33lLqn.jpg
Douglas "No Hook" Wembley - Played by Darkdragon (Loyal Pirate)

Rules:
1) You are either a Loyal Pirate or a Traitor. The town need to eliminate the scum and the scum need to outnumber the town. In the hopefully unlikely event of a parity, the scum will win. There are no third parties.
2) There are no recruits or any action similar in this game.
3) A game day will last 72 hours. You may vote after 24 hours. Note, even if a majority vote is achieved, the day will not end early. Nights will last at most 48 hours, during which you can send in your night actions. 
     3a) Do not talk about the game outside of the threads.
4) Each day you can vote to lynch a player. Voting is mandatory. It should be done in this fashion: 
                     Vote: Character (Player)
                     Unvote: Character (Player)

Ensure your vote is in bold so I don't miss it please!
5) The alignment of players who have been lynched, as well as those who may have died during the night, will be revealed at the beginning of the next day. The person playing the character that died will not be revealed until the end of the game.
6) You may not quote or pretend to quote anything sent to you by the game host via PM. This includes the details of your character and role, as well as any night actions results. Role claims and reporting of results are acceptable, but in your own words only.
7) If you die, you may not post in thread or discuss the game with any players. Any information you had is null and void and is not allowed to be passed on under any circumstances. 
8) Don't edit your posts, please!
9) Please try to post every day!

10) There's no clues in pictures or the minifigures.
11) I encourage roleplay with your characters! I have given some flavor text, but feel free to make them your own! 

That is so unfortunate, Mr Wembley was loyal after all. Let's hope that he wasn't the investigator because he claimed far too late for anyone to change their vote. I really don't understand his actions the entire day, saying how little we had to go on when as investigator he would have been one of the few of us who should have info. 

Indeed, very unfortunate that we have lost a loyal pirate. I still don't understand why he chose not to share the results of the investigation if he would have been lynched anyway...

Yes, I just don't understand Wembleys attitude yesterday. Unhelpful and sarcastic yet actually Town. It baffles me. 

It is also interestin that we didn't lose anyone else. Things must be pickin up below decks now which can only help us.  

Supposedly me vote on Blakey was made because I had a feeling that if Master Wembley be loyal, then I would have doomed an innocent man, yet his actions, I suppose led him to where he ended up. He was a good man, good with the broom and without him, these decks shall never be as clean as they used to be. I raise me glass to Master Wembley, for his courage and bravery and I swear upon his watery grave to find the traitor that ended his life.

Observations:

• The result was somewhat surprising given the way Wembley acted, but it's still quite unfortunate (like I mentioned above).
  • I was a bit confused about Wallace not following the bandwagon at first, but now I can see why he did that.
  • Vivian continues to be suspicious for me, especially since she said "the scum sat the night out for some reason." That is downright impossible, and killing just about anyone would help the scum.
  • Vivian didn't provide any reasons other than "following the bandwagon" when she placed her vote on Wembley. That just makes her even more suspicious.

I agree that Miss Pierce hasn't brought much to the table so far, and agree with your suspicions Mr Nelson.  Definitely one to keep an eye on today.  That 'scum could have sat out' idea has even less merit today with no scum kill. 

Mr Wembley with his last Townie breath didnt say who he had investigated and what the results were, instead gave his opinion on who the scum were and pointed the finger at Mr Nelson and Mr Milford. 

We have all seen Mr Nelson in action, day one he was certainly erratic and received a few votes due to this but day two asked a lot of reasonable questions of others and was very involved. I have again had talks below decks with him and see him as someone trying hard for us, he is actually my biggest Town read at the moment with the effort he has put in so far.  

Mr Milford put the hammer vote on Mr Wembley but I can't actually disagree with his reasoning that gaining a lynch on someone Day Two was important even if he was very non-committal with his read on him.  

What does everyone else think? Where do we go today? 

Alright, let's put the blame here squarely where blame should belong: Mr. Nelson and (to an extent) Mr. Lawson. These were the two going after Mr. Wembley all day. I merely put a throwaway vote on Wembley Day 1 because I did not feel strongly about the lynch candidates and could not in good conscious vote to eliminate either of them. I was the hammer on Mr. Wembley because we needed a Day 2 lynch. I'm surprised we are so lucky to have nobody else die in the night.

Let's look at what Mr. Wembley said yesterday in his final statement:

On 8/12/2021 at 5:52 PM, Darkdragon said:

I am going to post my final statement because there is still time. The day can’t just get closed randomly!

I am pirate. You will all see tomorrow that you were led astray. Look hard at the one that led the charge against me, Noah is scum. The hammer voter is also scum. This is the classic scum team one outspoken and one under the radar. Notice who wasn’t getting called out to defend himself even though he literally said nothing of substance for two days. 

Do Not Be Fooled. I am the investor and don’t let scum trick you tomorrow saying they invested and found somone pirate or traitor. 

you have all made a horrible lazy mistake today but i hope my death can at least have meaning. 

I am adding photo proof that the day closing post was early and I am not breaking any rules with this post. 

good luck Pirates, but I fear you have just cost us the whole thing. 

My BOLD marks are things I find interesting.

First, it is not the first bold, but Wembley said "Investor" twice. Not investigator. In fact, nowhere in this statement is the word "investigator" mentioned, or "investigate". Easy misspeak, right? Well I did some digging in some various logs I found. Apparently, there may be a role called Investor. After searching more in the link to the mythological game where an investor was, I couldn't find more, and it was a game that involved 13 people, rather than our original 8. But some other digging lead me to here. Where an "investor" is a modifier for the role of "neighbor." I can not find if that was a flavor description for fun or a true modifier for the role. But it doesn't seem to be an investor.

So is Mr. Wembley our investigator? The 11th hour statement could be. I personally was in contact with Mr. Wembely during Night 1/Day 2 and Mr. Wembely specifically mentioned the role of cop. Mr. Wembely did not claim to be the cop, speaking in rather roundabout ways that hopefully somebody will target  Mr. Nelson. We all know the cop role was claimed by Wembley in the final goodbye. The fact we do not know an answer (and why would an answer not be told?) makes me think Wembely could have been blocked and not known or investigated a random townie and found they were townie.

I am not sure if Mr. Wembely is the investigator, but I am leaning towards yes.

Mr. Nelson now continues his attack on Viviane. If Viviane is truly scum, and Nr. Nelson is as well, I do not think they'd be doing this. Too risky. Instead, I think it is possible for Viviane to be town and just airheaded. We know Mr. Wembley did not trust Mr. Nelson. Wembely trusted me by reaching out to me. I believe Mr. Nelson is going to target this next piece of opposition, an easy one of a quiet person, as claiming they are scum. That would bring us down to six people before night begins. And if Viviane is the vig or blocker, town is screwed. Of course, the traitors (whom Nelson could be a part of) may or may not know that, depending on if they have an investigative role. We don't know how many traitors there are. At minimum two, at most three.

We cannot afford to take the accusations of a dead loyal pirate and throw them to the wind. We have been warned of Mr. Nelson. When voting opens, I know where my vote is going.

Well, th' investigator be dead. Damn.

I'll be honest, I ain't exactly sure where to sit on this one. I ain't gettin' a strong traitor feel from Noah or Harper, but I be thinkin' Spencer be havin' a point here. I think most o' his reasonin' about 'investors' be rank nonsense, there bein' too many typos in tha' last statement t' draw such conclusions from, but th' investigator bein' all suspicious-like of two people who lead the charge on votin' fer them can't be ignored. On th' other hand, Vivian's actions can be interpreted as trait'rous pretty easily, easy enough t' make me uneasy. Currently I be thinkin' I need a moment.

On 8/15/2021 at 4:42 PM, JintaiZ said:

Indeed, very unfortunate that we have lost a loyal pirate. I still don't understand why he chose not to share the results of the investigation if he would have been lynched anyway...

I wonder this as well. Mr Wembley must have had one result from Night 1. If we’d known the allegiance of someone it would’ve helped going forwards. As for Vivian, I’ve said it before but activity/inactivity has very little bearing on whether someone is town or scum. However there is this: (bold for emphasis)

On 8/10/2021 at 6:39 PM, Kaanere said:

Nothin' to report here, just glad that the bandwagons didn't lead anywhere.

Though I'm interested in what Mr. Blake has to say. After all, he started yesterday's bandwagon and might try the same today.

Maybe I’m reading too much into this because she hasn’t said a lot, but what does Vivian mean by that? Why is she glad that “the bandwagons didn’t lead anywhere?” Is that a Freudian slip? Was one of her scum mates about to be lynched? Or did she just not want a Day One lynch? It’s so hard to tell because she’s said so little. 

Vivian said:

On 8/12/2021 at 3:47 PM, Kaanere said:

Watch yer forks and torches! Just because I was hittin' the bottle all day doen't mean I'm a traitor!

Respect to the supposed blocker, the fact that he still hasn't come out, even when all the crew has shown up within the last few hours, makes me think that there was no blocking and that the scum sat the night out for some reason. Maybe they wanted extra time to evaluate the crew (since there were no lynchings and thus no risk), and pick out who might be an investigator, who might be blocker, who behaved the most erratically, etc. Or maybe they just were as drunk as me last night and couldn't perform the kill.

:pir-huzzah1:

I marked the things I find interesting with bold.

• Why would the scum sit out all night? Killing just about anyone would help them.
  • They don't need time to evaluate the crew. They can just kill a random townie and it will still help.
  • This makes me think that Vivian was probably blocked and could not perform the kill.

Not voting yet, I need some time to think.

36 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I wonder this as well. Mr Wembley must have had one result from Night 1. If we’d known the allegiance of someone it would’ve helped going forwards. As for Vivian, I’ve said it before but activity/inactivity has very little bearing on whether someone is town or scum. However there is this: (bold for emphasis)

Maybe I’m reading too much into this because she hasn’t said a lot, but what does Vivian mean by that? Why is she glad that “the bandwagons didn’t lead anywhere?” Is that a Freudian slip? Was one of her scum mates about to be lynched? Or did she just not want a Day One lynch? It’s so hard to tell because she’s said so little. 

She also stated explicitly that she was joinin the bandwagon on Wembley with her vote, although then she did state that she felt we needed a lynch on day two which I am sure we all agree on.  Still, for someone who so rarely posts and contributes, there are a lot of questions around her and she has not talked up today so far either. 

As for Mr Milford's points, it is correct that Mr Wembley said Investor rather than Investigator - in different forms twice - which makes it really weird.  I had a look at the parchments ye found and it really doesn't seem a necessary role as we can all talk 'below decks' with no restrictions. 

9 minutes ago, Rumble Strike said:

As for Mr Milford's points, it is correct that Mr Wembley said Investor rather than Investigator - in different forms twice - which makes it really weird.  I had a look at the parchments ye found and it really doesn't seem a necessary role as we can all talk 'below decks' with no restrictions. 

I agree, it be weird. Unless it's some weird variant, which I have no doubt our ship captain threw in if it was decided to throw in a variant like that.

I do think Wembely was the investigator though.

1 minute ago, KotZ said:

I do think Wembely was the investigator though.

And knowing this fact ye voted him so there could be a lynch. More or less understandable to me, yet I don't see a reason to blaim Nelly for Master Wembley's death, especially if ye participated in it.

2 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

And knowing this fact ye voted him so there could be a lynch. More or less understandable to me, yet I don't see a reason to blaim Nelly for Master Wembley's death, especially if ye participated in it.

Nelson was raging hard against Wembley the entire day.

Just now, KotZ said:

Nelson was raging hard against Wembley the entire day.

And ye helped him to get rid of Master Wembley, I can't see a reason to trust you or Nelly. It would be much obliged if ye gave me one.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

I’ve said it before but activity/inactivity has very little bearing on whether someone is town or scum.

Fair enough, but she's not adding any real value to discussions.

57 minutes ago, Jack Sassy said:

And ye helped him to get rid of Master Wembley, I can't see a reason to trust you or Nelly. It would be much obliged if ye gave me one.

We needed a lynch, and sitting around picking our noses with our hooks would get us nowhere.

23 minutes ago, KotZ said:

We needed a lynch, and sitting around picking our noses with our hooks would get us nowhere.

Poor Mr Wembley never even had a hook! 

28 minutes ago, KotZ said:

A fair point, Master Milford. But there be one thing that's troubling me - why are ye putting all the blame on Nelly for Master Wembley's death? Ye participated in this decision over his life because of the lynch, putting all the blame on the person who started bandwagon isn't quite right, given the fact that ye followed this bandwagon.

Are ye hiding yer true allegiance?

Voting is now open! With 7 players, a majority of 4 is required to lynch.

Vote: Spencer Milford (KotZ)

After havin' heard y' all talkin' fer a bit, I be thinkin' tha' Spencer be actin' a bit unusual at th' moment.

VOTE: Noah "The Map" Nelson (JintaiZ)

For reasons stated above.

To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed that Milford is blaming me and Lawson when he was the one who sealed the fate of Wembley. I think most of us can agree that we needed a lynch, but then don't put the blame on anyone if that person turns out to be town! Therefore...

Vote: Put your name in your signature! (KotZ)

You all know my reasonin for votin Mr Wembley yesterday, I was actually the first vote, but I gave my reasons at the time.  Then his responses to the vote did nothin to persuade me to change it.  If that be suspicious to anyone on deck, I can understand, but I don't back down from what I did.

There are 2 crew I be lookin at today for the black spot - Miss Pierce, who still hasn't spoken up yet.  I agree with ye all that this in itself isn't a sign of scum, but she sure isn't contributin much to our hunt over these past few days.  I be callin out crew constantly to try to get more involved in the discussion, so naturally this does vex me somewhat.  I am not the only one who finds some of her statements, few as they are, a bit perplexin.

And as much as myself and Mr Wembley went at it yesterday, I would be a foolish man not to at least consider his partin words, I can see where todays votes for both Mr Nelson and Mr Milford are comin from.  As I said before, Mr Nelson started our voyage erratic but is heavily involved.  However Mr Milford, in Mr Wembley's own words

On 8/13/2021 at 1:52 AM, Darkdragon said:

he literally said nothing of substance for two days

I have said before that I believe the Scum are the quieter ones here, just tryin to blend in and not make any waves (heh, a nautical joke!) so I'd be happy to vote for either Miss Pierce or Mr Milford.  I would like to see Miss Pierce at least show up before I decide.

Sign in to follow this