KimT

2008 Picture thread

Wow! Really excited about the new Endor base and Hoth set. We must get more Ewoks!!! I still want a set with Admiral Ackbar for 2009, though. :sceptic:

November 19th, I heard something like that but it pertained mostly to city sets, November 19th..hmm. I haven't payed a lot of attention to release dates because I just sort of started getting Lego serious this year, do these sets generally come out before Christmas, it would make sense, but I can't seem to recall what the protocal was in the past.

To answer your question about sets coming out before Christmas, they do. It has happened in the past. I remember the big hype about the 1st wave of Battle Packs, and I managed to special order about 5 each from the Lego Store located in Downtown Disney, Disney World. This was a few weeks before Christmas.

I SMELL TAUN TAUNS :grin:

Seperatist shuttle, this will probobly be the equivilint to the "solar sailor" something to shuttle around Dooku or Ventress

You smell something that bad huh? :tongue:

As long as that set has Dooku I'm happy.

Are those prices in USD, if not can they be converted? All of those sound good, ecpecially the Venator and Y-wing. Hope that it has Matchstick and Tag and the Green R-5 unit. that would be really good.

Y-wing 50 bucks. Dang. It must be big. Or have lots of figs.

I don't know, the last y-wing was $40 and came with only one pilot and a droid.

I don't know, the last y-wing was $40 and came with only one pilot and a droid.

Oh, I wouldnt know. I didnt get it.

According to jayhawkjake on Rebelscum, the following sets were briefly updated to entertainmentearth.com, and then removed:

8037 Y Wing from Clone Wars - $50

8039 Venator Class Republic Attack Cruiser $107

8036 Separatists Shuttle $27

8038 Endor Battle Playset $90

7749 Echo Base $22

Thanks Sam :sweet:

But I'm guessing thats not in Australian dollars :sceptic:

Wow another rumours coming.

Since there are pictures of 2009 minifigs, is there any 2009 sets on display at the LEGO World?

What is the 2009 Battle Pack Gold Helmet Clone doing there?

Behind Ashoka and the Droid Commander.

That clone isn't released yet!

Is that pic taken on LEGO World?

If you read my previous post, I already said that :tongue:

But to answer this right now, yes, it's taken on LegoWorld.

And maybe that's an mistake?

We already have Anakin and Ahsoka in how many sets now? :hmpf_bad:

If we count the unconfirmed Ahsoka JSF as existing it is three Ahsokas and three Annies. Not much to me, when I am looking at the PT sets with Qui Gon everywhere.

To answer your question about sets coming out before Christmas, they do. It has happened in the past. I remember the big hype about the 1st wave of Battle Packs, and I managed to special order about 5 each from the Lego Store located in Downtown Disney, Disney World. This was a few weeks before Christmas.

19th November? The german retailers catalogue list them for February. Oh god, the time between the US and Europe releases is going to get bigger and bigger...

Besides, good sets! But I donĀ“t think that we get a Sheatapide Shuttle for just 30 Dollars. :cry_sad:

Oh dear. We have 1 $20 dollar set, a $30, a $50, and two expensive ones... Better than this year, but I think TLC needs to start making good 10-30 dollar sets. We have amazing expensive ones, why can't we have good cheap ones, as well?

Because they make more money out of us collectors buying larger sets? :wink:

Seriously though, I do mainly agree here; It'd be nice to see some smaller sets, similar to whats given in other themes. Of the current Clone Wars sets I do really like the Seperatist Spider Droid set and the Droid Gunship, both in the lower price bracket (although I haven't picked up ther latter yet as TRU doesn't have it and Woolworths has hiked the price by Ā£10 to Ā£34.99!). Past product lines from the Star Wars theme has seen some really great little cost-effective sets - more of this kind of thing would be great.

There is a trade-off here however: When we as fans/collectors consider what makes a good set we always list a handful or more figures that we'd like to go with it and as Lego graduually meets this demand we see the prices rise. The other problem with making traditional Star Wars vehicles, scenes, etc. smaller is that there sometimes has to be a sacrifice in the look, design or sturdiness. It may leave fans feeling unhappy with the treatment - flimsy wings, gaps between hull and cockpit, etc. - and kids finding just a swoosh here or there may have their starfighter crumbling mid-dogfight!

It's a hard balance to appeal to everyone and keep them satisfied!

As for January's selection, it's nice to see clearer pictures. Clone Battle Pack ROCKS, would've been nice to have other different coloured clones though like the old Battle Pack... I'm not going to cry though, more new phase one's is ace. Vader's TIE is wicked and in bley/black, good stuff! Republic Attack Shuttle looks pretty cool and pretty big too. Many are unsure of the yellow but that looks very easy to mod so not to worry. AAT ROCKS. Great tank nice figures, can't wait to see closeup of new Yoda. Droid Battle Pack is alright. Would've preffered a tighter set with the normal Battle Droids, maybe including a STAP and Droideka in the new colours.

All in all a pretty fine selection!

/essay off :laugh:

Well today is the last day of legoworld and any pic :sadnew: , everthing seems we will need to wait a month or so to get new pics (Of the summer wave or larger January sets pics).

Who was it that said that we will be given a picture of another 2009 Star Wars set some time in October?

I believe it was legomilk, our unfailingly awesome German correspondent who told us this? :wink:

Patience, people! Patience! We've been given a great list here; let's not disregard it or be in too much of a hurry for new pictures!

There is much to be heard and seen(and leaked :tongue: ) which we have yet to have seen, so let's be patient! We have six recent new SW pics that have revealed a lot, and two awesome new Indy pics! More will come; patience is the key! IMpatience, however, is a sign of n00bery. :tongue:

I like all of the minifig-sized ones except the double-headed Vulture droid. Seems lame to me. And I think the AAT should've been tan, not blue, even if the CW depicts it blue. I also really hope that Dooku's solar sailor is made, and I hope it looks good and is a reasonable size, unlike the Sith Infiltrator. It would be nice if it uses those wing parts from the Geonosion fighter.

I can't wait for the clone battle pack to come out!. I would buy 10 of them so I would have 40 clones to add to my army.

I can't wait for the clone battle pack to come out!. I would buy 10 of them so I would have 40 clones to add to my army.

i thought it was 5 clones per pack?

i thought it was 5 clones per pack?

Just four - check the picture again :wink:

Wow! How much are you saving up? That would cost you a lot of money! I will at most buy like 2 or 3. Although I am a fan, certain piorities come first. :classic:

I will buy 10 BPs, too. 9 Clone Ones and one with the Assassians.

I first thought that the BP is including one pilot, one ARC with blue markings and just two normal troopers. And for my luck I made a retailerĀ“s acquaintance, so I can get one BP for 11ā‚¬ or 10ā‚¬ instead of 14. So I saved half of my original BP budget.^^

Wow! How much are you saving up? That would cost you a lot of money! I will at most buy like 2 or 3. Although I am a fan, certain piorities come first. :classic:

That woudl only be about $100 USD. :hmpf: Thats less than a large set, such as the Republic Gunship...