KimT

2008 Picture thread

er... i only see white helmets?

Yeah, me too... While I believe the part about Ashoka's fighter, the chrome helmet is hard to accept to be real, considering it's very hard to find any chrome pieces in the last few years. Chrome lightsabers only appear in the limited edition sets, and that's about it. So, it would make little sense for TLG to make a chrome clone helmet. Plus, it would look very out of place with the other troopers.

Edited by JimButcher

It might just be the accessories pack (kharma, headlights antenna) that i guess will be included with it.

I remember that the gunner/pilot has grey arms, maybe that could be it or a chrome printing on a helmet.

Yeah, me too... While I believe the part about Ashoka's fighter, the chrome helmet is hard to accept to be real, considering it's very hard to find any chrome pieces in the last few years. Chrome lightsabers only appear in the limited edition sets, and that's about it. So, it would make little sense for TLG to make a chrome clone helmet. Plus, it would look very out of place with the other troopers.

If you think he's lying about one part, why would you believe the other? As much as I would like to see a pink fighter for Ahsoka, as well as a Tri droid (I missed out on that one) I think this seems a little too good to be true. I doubt any 8 year old boys would be interested in a pink ship with a girl pilot. I still remain hopeful...

If you think he's lying about one part, why would you believe the other? As much as I would like to see a pink fighter for Ahsoka, as well as a Tri droid (I missed out on that one) I think this seems a little too good to be true. I doubt any 8 year old boys would be interested in a pink ship with a girl pilot. I still remain hopeful...

Really pink is actually quite a popular color for elementary boys now

unsurprising about the pink starfighter, i'd prefer it was purple.

As much as i respect what R2-KT stands for, in the movie the droid was just too IMO "easter eggy" to be made into a real minifig.

HOWEVER, if for every sale of ahsoka's fighter, a donation is made to the make a wish foundation, i'd gladly buy a few.

Edited by simonjedi

Really pink is actually quite a popular color for elementary boys now

As much as that frightens me, I have too agree with you. :sceptic::laugh:

unsurprising about the pink starfighter, i'd prefer it was purple.

As much as i respect what R2-KT stands for, in the movie the droid was just too IMO "easter eggy" to be made into a real minifig.

HOWEVER, if for every sale of ahsoka's fighter, a donation is made to the make a wish foundation, i'd gladly buy a few.

Remember a few months ago TLC said they were discontinuing purple... :sceptic:

I agree, a few people of my family and friends of the family have been helped by Make a Wish. That is a fantastic idea! :sweet:

er... i only see white helmets?

Take a look at this.

21474781xe3.png

It might just be the accessories pack that i guess will be included with it.

Really? :tongue:

q2uh1.png

Pink JSF? I thought a dark red one for the orange skinned Alien would be a joke.

I never said that thought he was lying. :sceptic: He might have seen a chrome helmet, but maybe it was a special mold, or he just thought it was chrome.

Take a look at this.

21474781xe3.png

Really? :tongue:

q2uh1.png

Pink JSF? I thought a dark red one for the orange skinned Alien would be a joke.

Exactly what I was trying to push they ain't all white.

I think it is just painted yellow like the standard one which is a little shiny anyway.

I agree that its painted but it looks more gold than yellow.

Edited by Tim Bit

What, does everything have to be color coordinated? :laugh:

Wow! A chromed helmet! Gold chrome or Silver Chrome? I see Gold on the Gunners helmet but no silver. Gold chrome would be totally awesome!

A pink Asoka starfighter? Exotic to say the least. It will no doubt be a great collectors item and will be a rather...interesting switch up to the line! I'm personally not interested though.

Tri Droid too?

This sounds great! Too bad you didn't get pictures.

Since the Tri Droid comes with the fighter, I imagine tha it will be a Tri Fighter. I also really hope that it's pink, and so is the droid, because that would really stand out in my collection. 2009 is gonna be sweet.

Tomorrow will start Legoworld and I think someone said we are supposed to get pics of a new set (I think this Ahsoka set is by far the most possible :cry_happy: ) so lets see. Anyone is going to attend Legoworld?

EDIT: Sorry for my mistake, Legoworld will start the 16th but well I am not less curious too know which set we will know.

Edited by darkrebellion

Legoworld, hmm that sounds...LegoTastic! Well I'm sure someone from EB will be covering it so we should at least get some bigger better pictures of '09 sets, Ahsokas fighter would be a good guess on what we will be seeing, but who knows honestly...time reveals all things.

True, if the special helmet were to be silver it would have to be a metallic colour print at most. I personally think that the helmet's got dark grey markings to match the colour of the gunner's arms. Should be exciting to see what's around the corner.

When I said pink, I meant rouge, and to me chrome is sort of a gold paint with sparkles, and I saw the helmet being made, so I'm being honest, are we OK :sceptic:

You can see the chrome/gold print on the picture we have of the battlepack. And if we get new pics of Ahsokas fighter than we will most likely see Dookus Solar Sailor as well because they are coming out at the same time. And about the pink, I saw more dark red than pink.

You can see the chrome/gold print on the picture we have of the battlepack. And if we get new pics of Ahsokas fighter than we will most likely see Dookus Solar Sailor as well because they are coming out at the same time. And about the pink, I saw more dark red than pink.

Wait, you saw? You saw it on the tour(?) too? More info? Pictures? A real believeable story? If you know about it, stop feeding us bits and pieces guys! Give us exactly what you saw in full detail. :hmpf_bad:

Or else. :wink: