KimT

2008 Picture thread

I'm very happy, but not surprised to see a Clonetrooper battlepack in that line-up. Joy! :laugh:

The other sets are great too of course:

Assassin Droids is the perfect set to scoop an IG-88 figure! As an army builder pack it seems like a bit of a surprise though. These droid must feature more in the Clone Wars series. All the vehicles included in the battlepacks are superfluous alongside the figures in my opinion and will be used for parts.

The Hyena Droid Bomber looks like an interesting adaption of the Vulture Droid, I like the double-headed design. The Jet-pack Droids look cool too!

Vader's Tie Fighter looks ace in shades of bley and they've gone that little bit further with the detail too, nice! Seems to me like Lego will re-release all the Ties in this colour now. Poor wallet...

AAT looks leaps and bounds better than the original, probably better still with printed elements or selective stickering. Looks to have a decent enough figure selection too and as it's a preliminary it may yet conatin the alien commander [not sure of his name as I haven't caught the new movie yet]. Can't wait to see what the new :yoda: head looks like!

The Republic Attack Shuttle benefits from having a new Mace Windu and more clonetroopers is always going to be cool. But although the ship itself is the interesting design, it kind of lacks the Oomph! that other Clone Wars vehicles have - such as the Republic Gunship - making this a weaker vehicle based set in my humble opinion.

Shame there's not a few more shots of original trilogy sets but all in all, good stuff!

Oh NO!!! Flick Fire missiles on the clone walker and Assassin Droid battle packs! :oh3:

Here's some straight out information and guessimate prices:

8014: Clone Walker Battle Pack: 3 normal troopers + command accessories + 'ARC Pilot' and VERY small walker! £8.99

8015: Assassin Droids Battle Pack: 3 Silver IG-88s and 2 Black IG-88s. V.Nice speeder bike (Exo-spikes)! £8.99

8016: Hyena Droid Bomber: 3 weird red and blue jetpack droids. Ship is 2 Vulture droids stuck together! :sick:£19.99

8017: Special Edition Darth TIE: :vader: minifig (haven't had him for a while) and proper colours in TIE fighter! £24.99 - £29.99

8018: Separatist AAT: :yoda: , trooper, 2 SBDs and a BD. I like new design of tank but lack of stickers :look:£29.99 - £39.99

8019: Republic Attack Shuttle: Mace minifig, trooper + pilot. Ship looks heavy but heavily armed. smily mace - £49.99 - £59.99

Ooohhhh. . . why assassin droids? Why? Maybe get 1 will do.

The rest of the sets looks nice but the Hyena Bomber is a little ugly. Hope there will be changes done on it.

I wonder will Darth Vader have the new torso like the one in the Death Star.

The TIE have over 200 pieces. 251 or 261 pieces wonder how much it would cost.

Edited by baby

EDIT: Off-topic rants don't belong here.

In-e-ways, back on topic-

Looking at the pic of DV's X1 more closely I can see that the set contains 251 pieces, which means that the price point will be somewhere between 25-35USD.

The only reason I put the high-end price at 35USD is because of the fact that it is the 10th Anniversary set.

On a related note, does anyone think that Darth looks a little taller?

-Tarfful

Edited by KimT

I don't get why there are the Assassins or the Dark Bley and Sand Red droids. They should have at least made the 'Jetpack Droids' all sand red, like the Geo Battle Broids, maybe they will. But I will still buy multilples of each.

They should have at least made the 'Jetpack Droids' all sand red, like the Geo Battle Droids, maybe they will. But I will still buy multiples of each.

TLG doesn't make pieces in sand red anymore due to the color being too costly to manufacture. :wink:

-Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

And Mace's robes should be dark tan.

Yeah, but remember that these are just the prelim pics. All of the small details like that should be overlooked, for now.

Well almost all, example- the mysterious Clone in the BP because he has entirely new printed versions of the helmet and torso.

-Tarfful

Edited by Tarfful

TLG doesn't make pieces in sand red anymore due to the color being too costly to manufacture. :wink:

-Tarfful

Really, when did this news come out? No more sand red????

As for the sets, great Googly-Moogly!! :cry_happy:

0) Clone battlepack! Awesome! :cry_happy:

1) What's the deal the an Assassin Droid battlepack though? Who'll want multiples of those? :cry_sad:

2) I really like the Attack Shuttle, but I wish they'd done it in White

3) Holding my opinion in the AAT. It seems a little too big. At this point, I like the original better.

4) "The Hyena what?" Yeah, I don't know about that.

5) And, "Darth Vader's Tie Advanced" as the anniversary set? :hmpf_bad: Lame. What happened to the $100 price point they were originally talking about? Shame on Lego, I think they could have done better. :sceptic: I'm just going to MOC mine from existing parts, unless if Darth Vader is some supremely awesome "limited" minifig.

Does this mean I have to buy the Magna Droid fighter if I want those Magna Guard minifigs?

Edited by etcknight

The Vader is the same that comes with the Death Star. The Assassins have a role in the series. But I think that the Clone Pilot in the Battle Pack is just prlim as well as Mace, and Yoda. They made new torsos for Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and the rest of the Clone Wars Jedi, so they should do the same for the top 2 members of the Jedi Council.

A new mace :thumbup: and with out the light up arm thing :thumbup:

the tank was good when it first came out but now even better :thumbup: and the blue is real nice looking.

so much to buy this year. And not just in SW but every thing else this year good job TLG keep up the good work.

Edited by LEGOMAN132

So does this mean we are not getting a Tri-Droid set anymore? Aww :sad:

Not neccesarily. Remember LEGO Star Wars is usually released in two or more waves a year.

One in January - the sets we've all seen on Brickshelf

One in July - as with the new Clone Wars sets.

Also we sometimes get early x-mas bonuses and exclusive releases like the DS.

So take it easy and stay on target :classic:

GREAT! Finally, we have pics!

Clone BP : Fantastic! I will be able to add more clones to my gunship and AT-TE sets and remove the gear of the third clone if I want!

Assassins droids BP : I don't really understand why Lego made this. The assassins droids are not an army. I will pick up just one of these but I don't think that it will be a great addition to the separatist army.

AAT : Omg look at the size of this thing! It's way bigger than I expected. I can't wait to see the inside with more droids or possibly general Luathsom. And the Yoda minifig doesn't seems to have a new head. The torso is new, but not the head.

Vader's Tie Fighter : A must-have! I will get this for sure! And it's an exclusive anniversary edition and it comes in an original box, YAY! 251 pieces are enough and I think that it will be a great set.

Republic attack shuttle : Hmm, lot of colours, a clone pilot to the battlefield and a trooper in the cockpit (Isn't it supposed to be the opposite?) and a new Windu minifig plus kind of new flick-fire missiles on the top.

But I have a question : Wasn't the 10th LSW anniversary set supposed to be one of the three the fans voted for? (Palpatine's arrest, Slave 1 and Mon cal Cruiser)

Ok for one I love the Republic Attack Shuttle, I like the fact that it was in grey, i think if it was white it would resemble the Gunship a little to much. I assume there is an interior we just cant see, either way i love it and its a set I have been waiting for since it was rumored.

I like the clone battle pack and will probably pick up 3 or 4 and I think the design is pretty good for a battle pack and the amount and type of clones is good, I really hope it doesn't turn out to have a commander, it would be useless to have multiple commanders.

The assassin droid BP i dont like as much, I'll prolly get one beceause of the speeder but I just think an army of them would be useless, at least in my eyes.

The Hyena droid just looks like a vulture droid with 2 heads. The Jet droids are cool but i dont think I'll pick it up.

I actually like Vadars tie as it is of course anniversary edition and its a pretty affordable compared to the UCS one, I'll of course grab it =]

I never had the first AAT and this one looks pretty good, its a decent size and I really like the new color coating. The new Yoda fig is more fitting then the old one to =]

So does this mean we are not getting a Tri-Droid set anymore? Aww :sad:

Yeah... But see it positive: We get wine-red BDs!!!^^

So, I thought the BP comes with 2 Clones and not three. So, a few less Clone BPs. Droid BP doesn´t come with Magna Guards, so I am ordering a Magna Guard Fighter for just 35€.^^ The AAT doesn´t come with TCW Yoda (HOOORAAAYYY!!!) and we get some anniversay sets!

Next year will be GREAT!

Yeah... But see it positive: We get wine-red BDs!!!^^

So, I thought the BP comes with 2 Clones and not three. So, a few less Clone BPs. Droid BP doesn´t come with Magna Guards, so I am ordering a Magna Guard Fighter for just 35€.^^ The AAT doesn´t come with TCW Yoda (HOOORAAAYYY!!!) and we get some anniversay sets!

Next year will be GREAT!

And imagine what we will get in summer 2009, January 2010... :oh:

KimT, do you have the power to make news in the frontpage news forum?

I would now like to give my price estimate for the 09 sets that we can confirm via Brickshelf. Keep in mind it has been the same pricing for the past two years (07 and 08).

- #8014 Clone Battle Pack: $9.99

- #8015 Assasin Droid Battle Pack: $9.99

- #8016 Hyena Droid Bomber: $19.99

- #8017 Darth Vader's Tie Advance: $19.99

- #8018 Seperatist AAT: $39.99

- #8019 Republic Attack Shuttle: $49.99

I am basing this information off of what we all have seen for the sets that are released at the beginning of every year since the Battle Packs first began. These are the same prices that were given to the starting wave of both 07 and 08. I expect we will see the samething with 09.

Edited by Light Light

KimT, do you have the power to make news in the frontpage news forum?

Yes I do...not sure I'll frontpage leaked info from other sites and preliminary retailer pics.

Something to do with copyright and legal stuff :hmpf_bad:

Hence the no deeplinks and no whung list, but do talk about it (the sets on BS and the to come list :thumbup: )

I for one am very thrilled with the pics on BS and the list that roams the internet.

Looks like another great year for us Star Wars LEGO fans :classic:

I don't think we will be seeing anymore pics of future 09 sets (other than those that we have already seen).

I think it will be some time into 2009 that we will see pics of the Solar Sailor or more.

I don't think we will be seeing anymore pics of future 09 sets (other than those that we have already seen).

I think it will be some time into 2009 that we will see pics of the Solar Sailor or more.

OK Mr. Pessimistic. :tongue:

Seriously though, we don't know what info/pics we'll get in the future, or how long it will be until the next wave of info/pics arrive, just keep a hopin' and a searchin' and we'll have new pics before you know it.

Oh, and KimT, I knew you would get around to it... eventually. :tongue:

(And FYI, they were from my BS folder. :laugh:)

-Tarfful, who is waiting (not so) patiently for more news of upcoming sets.

Edited by Tarfful