KimT

2008 Picture thread

EDIT: Ooops I forgot the 8028, 8029 and 8031...Anybody has any news on them? Or are they actually 2009 sets?

I don't think anybody knows anything for sure yet, KimT. :sceptic: Maybe we'll still get them later this year, but I don't know. Sorry.

Yes, we could use some names.

Just check the first post. :hmpf: It's 8028 Mini TIE Fighter, 8029 Mini Snowspeeder, and 8031 Mini V-19 Torrent.

Just check the first post. :hmpf: It's 8028 Mini TIE Fighter, 8029 Mini Snowspeeder, and 8031 Mini V-19 Torrent.

Sorry to just jump into the thread here, but are these minis technically categorized as impulse sets? Thanks, just wondering...

Oops, too many big words :sick:

Sorry to just jump into the thread here, but are these minis technically categorized as impulse sets? Thanks, just wondering...

Well... no. They're minis. Nothing else. :sadnew:

What I wonder is what kind of a set 8030 is. :look: A fourth mini perhaps? Until now, there was always an even number of these kinds of things. If so, what do you think it could be? A mini Magna Guard Fighter? :wacko: Or maybe a mini Fighter Tank? :cry_happy: That would be so sweet actually! I would get about ten of those! :sweet:

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

So does anyone know where or how these minis will be availible? (Besides the obvious Brickmaster ones) Lots of these little mini promo sets (regardless of theme) never seem to even end up in the hands of the actual fans and collectors... :cry_sad:

I think they'll be 2009 releases. I would love to see an entire new mini series. If they aren't 2009 sets I expect they will be promos with some sweets of something like most of the other mini sets.

In the old 2008 Picture thread, I saw instructions to these minis. Can anyone provide links to them please? I can't find them. :sceptic:

Hey, I found these pics on BS user Tompo's folder. I wonder if anybody has any information about it?

10-1.jpg

clone_box_7.jpg

clone_box_6.jpg

I believe that was an event held at LEGO stores on the day the Clone Wars sets came out. The winners were each given a clone.

I believe that was an event held at LEGO stores on the day the Clone Wars sets came out. The winners were each given a clone.

Oh, cool.

2009 seems to get a very bad year concerning OT (which is my only theme of SW I collect)!

It seems as if TLG wants to kick out the OT. I understand that TLG wants to release many sets from the CW (movie this year) and FU (video game) - but refusing their OT fans is - please excuse me - very, very unfriendly!

Supposably there then will be again a mega-expensive S@H Exclusive (which I can't afford) for OT fans - and that's all which we OT fans will get (like this year). If this will be real then that's just great for the 10th birthday of Lego SW!

Klaus-Dieter

I know what you mean, i'm really dissappointed about this too :cry_sad: I'm really into OT but also collect PT (not CW, FU ect - only the first 6 movies.)

Chill out, there is the huge Death star this year! I'm sure the PT is more popular among kids, they ae probably more familiar with them, and more excited because of the CW movie.

Um, not exactly :hmpf: 1 measly OT set, thats not a great set anyway. I think it's intresting though.Most kids these days think CW is everything star wars or PT if your lucky.And lego is all about Figs now? - Whatever! :wacko:

As PT fans, i think most of us aren't so hyped up about figs.Dont get me wrong - lots of figs and new figs are great, but they're not the reason i buy lego. I like the sets.So i think even though the new death star is OT, its still made for younger kids.Its a basic build, an extremely average set (:look: please dont kill me), and the only reason people like it is all it's figures...

Just my 2cents...

Edited by legoman

Didjt they have that contest for the last clone wars movie?

What do you mean?

It was a contest held when the new sets were released.

What does that have to do with the clone wars movie.

And why do you ask this in the picture thread?

The Clone Build Contest has been discussed earlier - read the thread people. It's not that LONG :tongue:

Well, I'm ok with the speeder bike if the design is good (if compare with the #7655 Clone Battle Pack) but I feel like the coming battle pack have less pieces to the battle pack now.

IS a great news to have both of this battle pack although it looks like that it is going to have less pieces.

I'm excited with the AAT too since i miss the last one. :classic:

I've updated the first post to suit the rumours.

Bear in mind that this is all it is, rumours, nothing has been confirmed and we're guessing here.

But it surely looks like we're in for a treat next year if this is to be true.

If these are true, 2009 will be great. I'd buy a couple of clone battle packs and a couple of droid battle packs as well. I'd rather have SBDs than magna guards in the droid battle pack. The ties don't sound so good unfortunately.

I'm actually pretty curious about this AAT. It could be awesome.

All of these sets have the potential to be awesome. (And I think they will be, granted they are in fact real...)

But Ahsoka, you have been such a great informer, like commanderbly42 said, don't be too stressed about the pictures. I hope we get some pics of these awesome sounding, possible sets.

I know how many of you are upset about the lack of many OT sets, but I honestly think they are running out of (REALISTIC) ideas. If you look at the past few years, most of the OT sets are remakes, with a few exceptions. So with the introduction of new material, TLc is bound to jump on it.

darthpersom

I have GREAT news! :thumbup: The Republic Fighter Tank is on StarWarsShop.com for $44.99! :cry_happy: It will ship in September... :cry_sad: But since the prices on that site are usually cheaper than Lego.com and Target, Walmart, TRU, etc. the set should be $50.00! :cry_happy: I :wub: that set! It's a must-have! :classic:

I know how many of you are upset about the lack of many OT sets, but I honestly think they are running out of (REALISTIC) ideas. If you look at the past few years, most of the OT sets are remakes, with a few exceptions. So with the introduction of new material, TLc is bound to jump on it.

Although i know what you mean, I still find it annoying they dont release some of the bigger ships (eg, Titanive IV) and we could do with heaps more ground vechiles and scenes/buildings...

"xxxx AAT

Pieces: ?

Price: ?

Minifigs: ?

Release: ?

Rumours:

AAT (shown 4 black silhouttes[but no names]. It is a blue version of the AAT and I think its a little bigger, than the older version.

AAT: He said it is in a new blue style (like the new STAP) and is a lot better than the first version! He said it has 4 figs, 1 droid pilot, 1 super battle droid, 1 clone trooper, and 1 alien guy sitting in the top hatch (he doesnt get this last fig, and i dont either) he said it looked like a jedi but was in the AAT, he said it has a green head (any ideas guys )"

Maybe we will know more when the movie is out, on who this guy is he night be a sith.

AAT: He said it is in a new blue style (like the new STAP) and is a lot better than the first version! He said it has 4 figs, 1 droid pilot, 1 super battle droid, 1 clone trooper, and 1 alien guy sitting in the top hatch (he doesnt get this last fig, and i dont either) he said it looked like a jedi but was in the AAT, he said it has a green head (any ideas guys )"

Maybe we will know more when the movie is out, on who this guy is he night be a sith.

Haven't we discussed this just recently? :hmpf: It's very likely to be General Whorm Loathsom, as seen in the 4-minute scene that is viewable online for a while now. Besides, a Sith in an AAT? :hmpf_bad: Wouldn't make much sense to me...

Edited by Oky Wan Kenobi

Hey don't complain that a set includes a new sith that doesn't belong! I just wish they'd come out earlier. (My life story of legos.)