Sign in to follow this  
mccoyed

CDC1: The Tale of Georgina and the Dragon

400x295.jpg

Georgina was a knight of Kaliphlin hundreds of years ago. Though who she really was and who she fought for are details lost in time, what we do know is that she bested -- single-handedly -- a Blue Sand Dragon. One of the rarest of the Minor Dragons known to have existed in the Siccus Badlands. We believe they've all been wiped out, but every so often a traveler or caravaneer will report seeing one. Many investigations have been proposed, but funding and support are scarce.

- Anonymous (author unknown) Report on Georgina and the Dragon, University of Petraea

closeup1small.jpg

Bonus Shots:

Spoiler

sideview1small.jpg

quarterview1small.jpg

headshot2small.jpg

headshot1small.jpg

Builder's Notes:

Spoiler

Hello. I'm back. Sort of. Pretty rusty so forgive the poorer photography and packaging. I was getting a bit better about that shortly before I disappeared from EB! Why was I gone? Well, I picked up a new hobby making hand-made models, props and costumes from games and movies, for example the Gunblade from FF8. That's a very seasonal hobby where I live, but it scratched the Lego itch.

With this build, I wanted to try something new. Namely, make a big creature out of Lego along the lines of the very cool dragons that (I can't remember their name!) used to make. And along the lines of the critters Lego often does for stuff like Ninjago. Anyway.

I know some people will wince at the bottom-plate textures, but it's intentional. I realize the transition from the chest scales to the throat scales would work better if they were all smooth, but I worked with what I had.

I also ran out of time (rusty!) so I didn't make as much of a base or a story for this as I probably could have.

Thanks for looking!

Awesome! I really like the hydra and the posed scene.  The hydra looks a lot like the dark red creator dragon from a couple of years ago.  Well done!

Great depiction of the fight of a knight vs dragon.
I like the posability of the dragon and its chest.
Way to go by Georgina. :dsweet:

Thanks guys. I should really make a short video showing how stable and pose-able the dragon is. Before I added its body and back legs, the heads and chest and front legs could stand up stable with no help.

Well, I'm a sucker for dragons. And this one has three heads! Which is triple the fun! 
Super cool entry and a super cool build. I love the colors and the cartoonish style you've found for the beast. Might there be a nest? A lair where those might have hidden and reproduced? The Guilds are in dire need of some dragon action. Always.
It is known that three-headed dragons lay three-yolked eggs. Which is the rarest kind of egg! Oooh, if I could put our hands in some of those, I could retire and live in a secluded timber shack and bathe under the Mitgardian sun (read snow) until the end of my days...
Awesome entry, MCCoyed!
Skol!

Your color choices here are simply awesome mccoyed.  The color blocking of those colors is on point and the overall shaping of the beast is just perfect.  I really like how you incorporated the wheel well pieces too!  I never would have thought of using those to ease the transition between body and appendage.

The sand dragon is great - both your MOC and the concept.  You did an especially good job joining the three necks to the body in a very natural way.