Pulp Detective

Indiana Jones 2023 - Rumors & Discussion

55 minutes ago, LOTR34 said:

So are we getting indy sets this year or not?

Most likely not, unless it‘s those four mystery set numbers (77012-77015) :wink: It‘s been said that those are for a „new“ theme, so it looks like Indy won’t return before next year

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Most likely not, unless it‘s those four mystery set numbers (77012-77015) :wink: It‘s been said that those are for a „new“ theme, so it looks like Indy won’t return before next year

If that's the case then it's a shame.This new theme is rumored to release in april,yes?

Just now, LOTR34 said:

If that's the case then it's a shame.This new theme is rumored to release in april,yes?

Allegedly, yes. Still makes no sense to me. Regardless of whether it's licensed or in-house, how come we haven't heard ANYTHING about it a month before its supposed release? :wacko: Not even Monkie Kid managed to achieve that

5 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Allegedly, yes. Still makes no sense to me. Regardless of whether it's licensed or in-house, how come we haven't heard ANYTHING about it a month before its supposed release? :wacko: Not even Monkie Kid managed to achieve that

Well either this is a store exclusive theme which is why we haven't heard anything and to add to that lego has stricter security for a potential leak or this is fake news.

It's likely the latter or maybe it's just a new lame theme that went under the radar.

1 minute ago, LOTR34 said:

Well either this is a store exclusive theme which is why we haven't heard anything and to add to that lego has stricter security for a potential leak or this is fake news.

It's likely the latter or maybe it's just a new lame theme that went under the radar.

Brick Clicker is backing this rumour :classic: 

7 hours ago, Childe_Roland said:

I bet if we do get a Mario theme mino-fig style, it'll be correlated to the movie coming out. If thst were to be the case, it probably would come out in the fall before the Christmas rush.

I thought Mario was a summer movie, not a Christmas one. My theory i out the window. 

4 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

He said a new theme, not a new subtheme :tongue: Besides, those would definitely follow the same set numbering.

My money is on a new in-house theme. Weird to only have four sets if that were true, but it‘s a bit odd in any case :shrug_oh_well:

Why would they follow the same numbering? That's not a given.

8 minutes ago, Maple said:

Why would they follow the same numbering? That's not a given.

Have you ever seen two subthemes that didn‘t share their numbers?

Just now, BrickBob Studpants said:

Indiana Jones went from 76xx in January 2009 to 71xx in June 2009

Just now, ForgedInLego said:

Indiana Jones went from 76xx in January 2009 to 71xx in June 2009

Those aren‘t subthemes though, and that was before the switch to 5 digits. A theme switching numbers from one year to another is not the same thing as subthemes having their own numbers in parallel :tongue:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

How many subthemes does LEGO even have?

14 minutes ago, Maple said:

How many subthemes does LEGO even have?

I meant subthemes within a theme :tongue: Marvel and DC share the same numbers, as did LotR and The Hobbit, or Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter. Star Wars sets always have the same numbers, no matter what they‘re based on. 

1 hour ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

I meant subthemes within a theme :tongue: Marvel and DC share the same numbers, as did LotR and The Hobbit, or Fantastic Beasts and Harry Potter. Star Wars sets always have the same numbers, no matter what they‘re based on. 

All of those are the same theme, different movies, but same building system (minidolls). They get mixed and matched in releases too with Star Wars.

The Mario theme now is a digifigure game thing. If the new theme is minifigure based there is no reason to not have it be a different number for the different types of themes.

I doubt it's Mario as the movie comes out months later than I thought it would, but now I hope it is. Maybe it's Animal Crossing. 4 sets would cover about everything. :pir_laugh2:

11 minutes ago, Maple said:

The Mario theme now is a digifigure game thing. If the new theme is minifigure based there is no reason to not have it be a different number for the different types of themes.

There‘s also no reason to have completely separate set numbers :tongue: They would also be marketed under „Super Mario“, even if it was a different system 

I doubt it‘s anything Nintendo-related. Wouldn‘t they have announced that eons ago?

I doubt it‘s anything Nintendo-related. Wouldn‘t they have announced that eons ago?

Well you never know, it’s Mar10 day next week :grin:

Honestly though, I hope we’re just completely blindsided by whatever those four sets are. I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment, but it’s been a while since a new theme came out of nowhere and surprised everyone.

18 minutes ago, Portal Out said:

I’m probably setting myself up for disappointment, but it’s been a while since a new theme came out of nowhere and surprised everyone.

Has that ever happened? *huh* Can‘t recall any examples. Licensed themes are often officially announced well in advance

No. I believe those 4 sets are licensed because they have been kept secret so long. Licenses sometimes have weird rules.

3 minutes ago, Maple said:

No. I believe those 4 sets are licensed because they have been kept secret so long. Licenses sometimes have weird rules.

As stated in my previous post, new licenses usually get teased or announced months in advance, and leaks or rumours are swirling around for months before that :classic: Even the one-off Horizon Forbidden West set was officially announced three months before release, and first rumoured at least two months prior. 

A new licensed theme appearing without a single rumour less than a month before release is pretty hard to believe

49 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

A new licensed theme appearing without a single rumour less than a month before release is pretty hard to believe

Did Brick Clicker confirm it’s not a new in-house theme then? 

14 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Did Brick Clicker confirm it’s not a new in-house theme then? 

No, he didn't specify anything :wink: My point was that the new theme is less likely to be licensed because an in-house one would be easier to keep a secret. We only learned of Monkie Kid's existence beforehand thanks to the logo leaking and a trademark entry surfacing.

I know this might sound hypocritical because I was suggesting a licensed theme earlier myself (Stranger Things), but there's two reasons I brought that one up:

1. There actually is a rumour there's going to be more than the keychain and Brickheadz
  2. It'd technically be a new theme without requiring an announcement, considering there was that teaser on TLG's Twitter last year

That said, I still believe an unlicensed new theme is the most likely outcome :classic:

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

Be careful not to get hopes too high for this. The four sets could be for anything, and having hopes too high will likely just lead to disappointment. 
I’m interested to see when these mysterious sets get revealed so that it finally puts the uncertainty to rest and gives some more clarity, haha.

8 hours ago, NoOneOfImportance said:

Be careful not to get hopes too high for this. The four sets could be for anything, and having hopes too high will likely just lead to disappointment. 
I’m interested to see when these mysterious sets get revealed so that it finally puts the uncertainty to rest and gives some more clarity, haha.

Indeed. It‘s another reason I assume it to be an in-house theme, so I don‘t end up disappointed :laugh: Well, „more disappointed“, rather. I was really looking forward to Indy sets this year :hmpf_bad:

Should‘ve listened to my gut on this, of course they‘re not releasing sets this year when the new film has been pushed back to next year. I wonder why the leakers were so convinced of Coconut being Indy

I reckon the new sets will be next year. Hasbro have got the license to produce figures and such for the franchise too, but that again is starting next year.

I really hope this theme ends up a bit like Harry Potter, revisiting to older movies and even remaking older sets. I rebuilt my original stolen treasure chase set yesterday and damn did that fill me with nostalgia.