Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - Heroica Hall

12 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"No need for the Mister, never did earn myself that privilege, just Jonk is quite alright. Nice to meet you both, Ensonvilterayquis and Billeck. I saw you both signed up for the same contract as I did. Should be interesting, right? What are the chances they know we're coming? Is this hall open for everyone to walk in and out of?"

"Hmm." Enson 'said', taking a contemplative sip of coffee. "I suppose it depends on how watchful they are being, and if whoever our target is thinks us worth keeping an eye on to begin with." He lowered his cup. "I do not think there is anything stopping people from just walking in and looking at the message board, but I would not be surprised to find that some security measures are in place. In my experience, it's generally best to assume that the enemy knows you're coming."

5 minutes ago, Duvors said:

"Hmm." Enson 'said', taking a contemplative sip of coffee. "I suppose it depends on how watchful they are being, and if whoever our target is thinks us worth keeping an eye on to begin with." He lowered his cup. "I do not think there is anything stopping people from just walking in and looking at the message board, but I would not be surprised to find that some security measures are in place. In my experience, it's generally best to assume that the enemy knows you're coming."

Billeck gave the two a mischievous smirk. 

“I quite agree with Enson, or as my sweet mother always used to say: better to please the caution, than the coroner.”

Chosen Heroes for Mission #10 Pins & Needles
Enson (Duvors)
Jonk (Scubacarrot)
Billeck (Wolfpackfan99)
Aysu (Peppermint_M)

"Please meet me at Orzoli's at your earliest convenience."

MM Note: Hi Folks, Mission thread will be up in 24hrs. Now would be the time to get any shopping/training done.

12 hours ago, Duvors said:

51917865486_08d7c5843b_q.jpg

"I guess we are going to find out, we're up! You got a ride, or maybe Billeck, you do? No clue how to get to this place Little Orzoli?"

Jonk grins and heads over to the bar, loosely tapping their fingers on the counter.

"Hey mixologist can you put some plant juice in a thermos or something? Got myself a job. This guy, yep. Still got it."

6 hours ago, Scubacarrot said:

"I guess we are going to find out, we're up! You got a ride, or maybe Billeck, you do? No clue how to get to this place Little Orzoli?"

"I was expecting to... walk? I have a stop I'd like to make on the way anyways."

22 minutes ago, Duvors said:

"I was expecting to... walk? I have a stop I'd like to make on the way anyways."

“Might as well get some exercise. Maybe some pizza too, for a good pre-mission snack.” 

Aysu heard the callout and checked her weapons. Everything was good right now, this mission would be a good chance to try out her new gun, if she got the chance.

Soren strolls into the Hall, surprised to find it relatively empty. Hello? he calls weakly, before striding up to the bar.

Thorvald, give me a rye. 'Guess it's been quiet 'round these parts, huh?

Zaria enters the hall without her armour, moving to the bar. Having trained for the past while, she looked healthy if a little tired.

"Thorvald, a cup of coffee, if you don't mind." She asks the barkeep. Noticing Soren she moves over to sit closer to him. "Long time no see, Soren." Zaria remarks, smiling. "I hope your recent journeys have been safe?"

2 hours ago, Kintobor said:

"Thorvald, a cup of coffee, if you don't mind." She asks the barkeep. Noticing Soren she moves over to sit closer to him. "Long time no see, Soren." Zaria remarks, smiling. "I hope your recent journeys have been safe?"

If by safe you mean boring, sure. Soren rolls his eyes a little behind his sunglasses. ‘Looked like the job economy here was a little slow so I tried to find my own work. Huge mistake. Wound up pulling a shuttle job for some rich folks on Ebria, but they neglected to tell me they were bringing guests, and then made an additional “little” pit stop, so on and so on - by the time everything got squared away I barely broke even. But yeah, it was “safe,” I guess. How about you? You took that cushy corpo job, right? ‘Can’t imagine that was too exciting. 

“I don’t think I would call it cushy.” Zaria replies, biting her lower lip in muted anger. “Things got intense quickly. As much as I would find a safe job full at least it’s safe. The job got done, and everyone in my group came home safe. Now I’m trying to keep what transpired off my mind and focus on the future: the path laying before me and not behind me.” Zaria motions as she points with her whole hand in front of her. “I‘be taken nothing but corporate jobs since I got here. Don’t get me wrong: the pay is nice, but I could go for a job where I don’t feel like I’m cleaning up after some corporate entities mess.”

Everyone needs a janitor. 'Specially one who doesn't have any big names they're responsible to. Heroica: the galaxy's fall guy. It's got a certain ring to it. Soren shrugs, thinking further. Of course, the non-corpo jobs aren't much better. 'Took another job where we hunted down some robot that went back to the Gate Collapse. That got pretty messy too. Everyone's looking to get someone else to clean up their history.

On 4/2/2022 at 1:27 PM, The Legonater said:

Soren strolls into the Hall, surprised to find it relatively empty. Hello? he calls weakly, before striding up to the bar.

Thorvald, give me a rye. 'Guess it's been quiet 'round these parts, huh?

51227990673_0a92d5742b_t.jpg
"Sure thing." The Chimeran poured a tankard of the Riquon brew, passing it over to Soren. "Last bunch of heroes shipped out a few weeks past, hasn't been any new postings though."

On 4/3/2022 at 12:33 AM, Kintobor said:

Zaria enters the hall without her armour, moving to the bar. Having trained for the past while, she looked healthy if a little tired.

"Black, right?" The barkeep, starts up a new pot. A few minutes later, the hot beverage is slid across the counter to Zaria.

21 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Everyone needs a janitor. 'Specially one who doesn't have any big names they're responsible to. Heroica: the galaxy's fall guy. It's got a certain ring to it. Soren shrugs, thinking further. Of course, the non-corpo jobs aren't much better. 'Took another job where we hunted down some robot that went back to the Gate Collapse. That got pretty messy too. Everyone's looking to get someone else to clean up their history.

"I suppose." Zaria replies, conflicted in her feelings. "I am at least content knowing I did what I could to help those I had the ability to. It is uncommon to see the amount of death I witnessed on my last job. I am glad it stays that way."

9 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Black, right?" The barkeep, starts up a new pot. A few minutes later, the hot beverage is slid across the counter to Zaria.

"Much appreciated, vhaodt." Zaria took a sip of her coffee, enjoying the rich aroma. It didn't compare to the coffee back home, but it was a warm embrace of familiarity. 

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

"I suppose." Zaria replies, conflicted in her feelings. "I am at least content knowing I did what I could to help those I had the ability to. It is uncommon to see the amount of death I witnessed on my last job. I am glad it stays that way."

Soren regards the shaken priestess with a hesitant eye. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I s'pose. 'Not sure if that would be much comfort to me... but you do what you can with what you have. It's a dangerous world out in these stars. 

10 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

"Sure thing." The Chimeran poured a tankard of the Riquon brew, passing it over to Soren. "Last bunch of heroes shipped out a few weeks past, hasn't been any new postings though."

Thanks. Sounds like I just missed it, eh? Here's hoping something shows up soon, then. 

3 hours ago, The Legonater said:

Soren regards the shaken priestess with a hesitant eye. Whatever helps you sleep at night, I s'pose. 'Not sure if that would be much comfort to me... but you do what you can with what you have. It's a dangerous world out in these stars. 

Thanks. Sounds like I just missed it, eh? Here's hoping something shows up soon, then. 

"Hmmph, like you all have a lot of expenses..." Throvald goes back to cleaning his bar.

23 hours ago, The Legonater said:

“Indeed it is.” Zaria lingers on Soren’s words before responding. “As much as I enjoy the travel, I rest easier knowing I am at least making my best effort to bring safety to the Arm. If I can make it even just a bit safer, then I can hang up my sword at the end of the day content with myself.”

Merei paces up and down the halls of the abandoned Valencia. The captain's complexion hasn't gotten much better as the days have gone on, but he is sound of mind. The same may not be true of Greenlaw, though Merei finds her conversation and company enjoyable. Both woman are clearly drawn to the Hydra, but Merei approaches it the same way other mortals may approach an open flame. The fascination is primal, but the danger is clear. Touching it openly is dangerous. Yet it still fascinates and tantalizes. Many times over. Merei is careful while drawing details about the linked minds out of Greenlaw, afraid if she is told too much her resolve will falter and she will stop burning back the small sprouts they find from time to time. A week passes before rescue arrives...

Merei spends a full week aboard Charon Station, a self-imposed quarantine. She does not believe the Hydra has come with her or her companions. She wonders idly, now that the tantalization and threat have passed, if her previous caution was truly warranted. Could it meld with her in the same way it could with others? Or would she again be left on the outside, without a partner. Varen, Kirwin, and Zaria had all fallen under its sway at one point in the battle. Never her. Never connected... but now, that is for the best. She cannot bring it where she is going. She passes some of her time with Viper, at the bar, hearing his account of what happened aboard hte ship once more, and then hearing about his life aboard the station. Eventually she books passage...

Home. For a while. The beautiful twin planets. She needs to recenter herself. But home for not too long. She has already scoured these planets for the answers to many questions, and found they either could not provide answers, or she was not yet equipped to unlock and understand them. That's why she'd left to begin with.

And so, finally, after a long time gone, Merei returns to the hallowed Halls of Heroica. She takes up a position in the corner and begins to log notes.

On 5/3/2022 at 5:44 PM, Zepher said:

And so, finally, after a long time gone, Merei returns to the hallowed Halls of Heroica. She takes up a position in the corner and begins to log notes.

Nursing a drink and a mild headache, Soren looks about the Hall. One peculiar character had arrived with a motorcycle and left just as quickly, succeeding in befuddling the weary pilot. The Celestial's arrival was the first real livelihood the Hall had seen since Zaria's arrival. He didn't quite recognize this newcomer but she seemed to have a solid familiarity with the Hall, so perhaps she was a hero he'd yet to cross paths with. It seemed like she was troubled, deep in some sort of study, and Soren's own withdrawn nature told him she probably didn't want to be bothered. He wasn't sure how much he wanted to start a conversation himself. But his introversion went to war with his boredom, and the latter won out. Glass in hand, he waded over to the corner she sat in, and motioned to an empty chair.

'Mind if I take a seat?

On 5/6/2022 at 8:01 PM, The Legonater said:

Nursing a drink and a mild headache, Soren looks about the Hall. One peculiar character had arrived with a motorcycle and left just as quickly, succeeding in befuddling the weary pilot. The Celestial's arrival was the first real livelihood the Hall had seen since Zaria's arrival. He didn't quite recognize this newcomer but she seemed to have a solid familiarity with the Hall, so perhaps she was a hero he'd yet to cross paths with. It seemed like she was troubled, deep in some sort of study, and Soren's own withdrawn nature told him she probably didn't want to be bothered. He wasn't sure how much he wanted to start a conversation himself. But his introversion went to war with his boredom, and the latter won out. Glass in hand, he waded over to the corner she sat in, and motioned to an empty chair.

'Mind if I take a seat?

"Oh, yes, please do." She shifts to face the seat, though she still idly records things in her device. "You're a hero too? What adventures have you been on?"

On 5/8/2022 at 12:51 PM, Zepher said:

"Oh, yes, please do." She shifts to face the seat, though she still idly records things in her device. "You're a hero too? What adventures have you been on?"

Soren ponders the question for moment before nodding. Yeah, I guess that's what they're calling us. Uh, 'been on one or two 'adventures,' yeah. Did a train job, kind of a basic information-grab op, thought it nearly got screwed to poor communication. And, uh, then got paid to investigate some weird radio interference on Corvanis and traced it to some old pre-Gate Collapse bot. 'Dealt with that cleanly enough. How about you? 

On 5/12/2022 at 2:32 AM, The Legonater said:

Soren ponders the question for moment before nodding. Yeah, I guess that's what they're calling us. Uh, 'been on one or two 'adventures,' yeah. Did a train job, kind of a basic information-grab op, thought it nearly got screwed to poor communication. And, uh, then got paid to investigate some weird radio interference on Corvanis and traced it to some old pre-Gate Collapse bot. 'Dealt with that cleanly enough. How about you? 

"I found a lost car and then a lost spaceship. A robot from before the collapse of the Gates sounds interesting to me. What did it want that required you to deal with it?"

On 5/14/2022 at 11:58 AM, Zepher said:

"I found a lost car and then a lost spaceship. A robot from before the collapse of the Gates sounds interesting to me. What did it want that required you to deal with it?"

Soren scratches his chin for a moment.

Release, I guess. It killed a bunch of folks in the war, 'may have even been responsible for the gate collapse. 'Was sick and tired of living in hiding and wanted to live in peace. I guess I sympathize, past is the past, y'know? In any case, the cards played out an' we had to fight it, but we only destroyed the hardware, software is still out there somewhere.

And how about you, miss... - ah, shit, I don't think I actually got your name. Mine's Soren, by and by. What exactly got you on recovery duty?

On 5/15/2022 at 4:20 PM, The Legonater said:

Soren scratches his chin for a moment.

Release, I guess. It killed a bunch of folks in the war, 'may have even been responsible for the gate collapse. 'Was sick and tired of living in hiding and wanted to live in peace. I guess I sympathize, past is the past, y'know? In any case, the cards played out an' we had to fight it, but we only destroyed the hardware, software is still out there somewhere.

And how about you, miss... - ah, shit, I don't think I actually got your name. Mine's Soren, by and by. What exactly got you on recovery duty?

"Oh. Oh no." Merei grows silent for a moment. "I am Merei. I'm glad that you were able to prevent the hardware from doing any harm, and equally glad the software survives somewhere. I believe my recovery mission was something similar. I'm afraid that Heroica may be a clean-up crew intent on destroying knowledge of the past. It is strange, isn't it, that we are forced to kill anything we don't quite understand. It is needed, I think, when it proves a threat. But it doesn't mean it breaks my heart any less. If only we could have... softer meetings. Softer introductions. There is so much to be learned. So much we don't know. If we kill those who have knowledge or ways other than what we are accustomed to, we're not likely to learn or evolve any time soon."

"As I said, my recovery was something different. We encountered a dangerous creature, which the crew of the ship we were aboard had named the Hydra. I too think it may survive elsewhere. I hope so, though it was not an, uh, easy situation. It had killed many, and would have killed us. But I think it might have been all it knew to do. Instinct. Of a different kind. A different mind."

On 5/17/2022 at 6:52 PM, Zepher said:

"Oh. Oh no." Merei grows silent for a moment. "I am Merei. I'm glad that you were able to prevent the hardware from doing any harm, and equally glad the software survives somewhere. I believe my recovery mission was something similar. I'm afraid that Heroica may be a clean-up crew intent on destroying knowledge of the past. It is strange, isn't it, that we are forced to kill anything we don't quite understand. It is needed, I think, when it proves a threat. But it doesn't mean it breaks my heart any less. If only we could have... softer meetings. Softer introductions. There is so much to be learned. So much we don't know. If we kill those who have knowledge or ways other than what we are accustomed to, we're not likely to learn or evolve any time soon."

"As I said, my recovery was something different. We encountered a dangerous creature, which the crew of the ship we were aboard had named the Hydra. I too think it may survive elsewhere. I hope so, though it was not an, uh, easy situation. It had killed many, and would have killed us. But I think it might have been all it knew to do. Instinct. Of a different kind. A different mind."

Greetin's, Merei. 

Soren listens over her words, and shrugs somewhat.

What we don't know, we don't know. I can get behind the whole endeavor for knowledge 'nd all, but 'seems to me it just leads to trouble more often than not. 'Best to keep to yourself and be content as things are. 

It takes Soren a beat before he realizes he may have immediately bumped against this individual's worldview mere moments after meeting her, and coughs once into his hand to distract from any potential awkwardness.

Uh, crazy mind monsters sound neat, though. What 'sactly do you mean by that? "A different mind" and all.