51196426203_1894280dee_c.jpg
Something is coming by Arfelan Nest, en Flickr

Battle of the Teutoburg Forest
Between 6 and 9 CE, the Romans were forced to move eight of eleven legions present in Germania, leaving Varus with only three legions to face the Germans.

This represented the perfect opportunity for Arminius to defeat Varus. While Varus was on his way from his summer camp west of the River Weser to winter headquarters near the Rhine, he heard reports of a local rebellion, reports which had been fabricated by Arminius.

Varus decided to quell this uprising immediately, expediting his response by taking a detour through territory that was unfamiliar to the Romans.
Arminius, who accompanied the legions, directed him along a route that would facilitate an ambush.

"Varus give me back my legions"

The title refers to Emperor Augustus' alleged words in the aftermath of the battle, in which he was so devastated by the annihilation of three Roman legions that he spent the next several weeks in a stupor, repeating the phrase "Give me back my legions!"

Varus's forces included his three legions (Legio XVII, Legio XVIII and Legio XIX), six cohorts of auxiliary troops and three squadrons of cavalry. Most of these lacked combat experience, both with regard to Germanic fighters, and under the prevalent local conditions.
 The Roman forces were not marching in combat formation

51195503442_feaa2408a7_c.jpg

Edited by Niku

Oh wow, that's a lot of really beautiful foliage!  The second picture is probably one of the best representations of dense forest canopies I've ever seen in Lego.  I like the historic aspect to it as well.  Great job!

Thank you very much Grover, really appreciated. :)

8 hours ago, Grover said:

The second picture is probably one of the best representations of dense forest canopies I've ever seen in Lego.

I totally agree. I have to admit that when I first glanced over the post, I thought you took the photos in the forest :grin: So yeah long story short, great job and many Romans minifigs to be jealous of :laugh:

8 hours ago, caiman0637 said:

Excellent build!

Thank you caiman. :classic:

1 hour ago, Sarophas said:

I totally agree. I have to admit that when I first glanced over the post, I thought you took the photos in the forest :grin: So yeah long story short, great job and many Romans minifigs to be jealous of :laugh:

Thank you Sarophas, I put effort on trying to achieve that effect. :classic:

Nice one,  love the Romans and green  ;)

Edited by Romanos

It's such a treat to see a thick and heavy forest, filled with variations for foliage and terrain. Great eye for detail and perseverance to put everything together without overdoing it.
Phenomenal work with fig positioning and way to go with the photography. 
Awesome work!

This is great, love it, i find it amazing that the current lego bricks can help us truly create a roman styled set if need be and these roman soldiers would be perfect for it!!! 

On 6/10/2021 at 11:24 AM, eldiano said:

This is great, love it, i find it amazing that the current lego bricks can help us truly create a roman styled set if need be and these roman soldiers would be perfect for it!!! 

I think many of us would go crazy with a roman-greek theme. :)

On 6/10/2021 at 11:20 AM, Louis of Nutwood said:

It's such a treat to see a thick and heavy forest, filled with variations for foliage and terrain. Great eye for detail and perseverance to put everything together without overdoing it.
Phenomenal work with fig positioning and way to go with the photography. 
Awesome work!

Thank you very much Sir Louis, there was effort in it, it is very appreciated. :)