Sign in to follow this  
Aliencat

[MOC] The Ancient Gate of Qarava

So I found this amazing artwork Thru by Gabriele Pala 6 years ago (go check out his amazing artwork at www.gabrielepala.com) , I saved it into my inspiration folder to one day build a MOC based on it, but of course completely in Aliencat-style:

2045-Thru-by-Gabriele-Pala.jpg

It always seemed like an overly ambitious project, but then this pandemic happened and I spent the past year finally building it :)

I contacted Gabriele some time during the build to show my process and he was just as enthusiastic as I was! So here's the finished MOC, The Ancient Gate of Qarava, my interpretation of Gabriele's amazing artwork:

Caught this on Flickr the other day — looks really good. Plenty of colour and texture going around. I think the best detail is the round splash around every ship coming through the gate. Did you think about illuminating the gate?

Looks really nice, and the ships getting out of the portal are cool.
Is also massive and has nice angles too.
Thanks for sharing.

Wow, that's a spectacular build.  Very interesting subject matter and beautifully executed.

An excellent use of time stuck at home.

An incredible blend of textures and colors. Each of the miniature features is amazing from the ships to the architecture. I agree with the earlier comment, I can only imagine how this thing would look with internal lighting. Is everything connected or is it built in segments?

I really like this build, very inspiring and inspired. Glad you could be in touch with the original creator!

The only part that I don't like is the blue line at the top of the "water fall".