Hi everyone

I wanted to share my latest creation called "Seaside Memories". It's a little beach scene inspired by my childhood holidays at the British Seaside. The model contains less than 250 bricks and is built on a 16 x 16 plate.

51188709819_2d7943e678_b.jpg

51188709739_dd41600e5a_c.jpg

51189002390_c393425f95_c.jpg

I've included 2 traditional beach huts and striped deck chairs, sandcastles, a picnic on the sand and much more. Everything you need for a fun day out at the beach.

51187938601_84e8c259e8_c.jpg

The beach huts both feature simple interiors details.

51187236322_676bc3c18b_c.jpg

I entered this model in to a recent LEGO IDEAS contest to design a seaside themed set. I'm really pleased to say that today it has been chosen as one of the 15 finalists in the contest. It's now down to a public vote to decide the winner and if this model wins it will be made in to a future gift with purchase LEGO set. If you like the look of the model then I'd be hugely grateful if you could give it your vote on LEGO IDEAS. Voting is open until 25th May.

https://bit.ly/Legoseaside

Anyway thanks for checking out my latest MOC and feel free to let me know what you think. :classic:

A lovely scene and vignette. I watched a tv show a while ago where they were redecorating and upgrading beach huts like yours. You really created the right atmosphere with the red and blue colors and striped patterns to create a nautical theme.

I like the simplicity of the scene and at the same time featuring enough details, like the tiny sail boat. Well built. Good luck in the contest.

On 5/19/2021 at 1:10 AM, caiman0637 said:

These are excellent! I love the small beach huts, and the lounge chairs look great!

Thanks very much, I'm glad you like it. :classic:

On 5/20/2021 at 11:43 AM, Redhead1982 said:

A lovely scene and vignette. I watched a tv show a while ago where they were redecorating and upgrading beach huts like yours. You really created the right atmosphere with the red and blue colors and striped patterns to create a nautical theme.

I like the simplicity of the scene and at the same time featuring enough details, like the tiny sail boat. Well built. Good luck in the contest.

Yes these kind of traditional beach huts seem to have had a resurgence in popularity over the last few years and apparently there is a waiting list for people desperate to buy them. They certainly do have a lot of charm and character.

Anyway thanks a lot, I'm glad you like the model. :classic:

On 5/22/2021 at 5:47 PM, Klaus-Dieter said:

Very nicely done, @Bricked1980! :thumbup:

The minifigs must be very happy at this seaside ...

Glad you like it. Thanks a lot.

The minifigs will be having an even happier time by tomorrow if this one gets the most votes and wins the contest. :laugh: