Waterbrick Down

Heroica: Glory Amongst The Stars - General Discussion

34 minutes ago, The Legonater said:

I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't expecting Yul'Yom to be personalized. :oh: Thanks for all the effort put into this, WBD, what a cool first event! 

Also, regarding the Resource Hub, is your goal to have mostly non-descript characters for future MMs to plug and play? Or do you also want "main NPCs" in there in case an MM might want to pick up a major character and use them?

:grin: I’m glad they’re enjoyed.

Regarding the Hub, my plan was to upload NPC’s I don’t mind other MM stealing for their own missions. However if folks want to include their major NPC’s plus slight description that’s fine with me. I figured folks would simply go directly to the missions themselves to borrow.

12 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

:grin: I’m glad they’re enjoyed.

Regarding the Hub, my plan was to upload NPC’s I don’t mind other MM stealing for their own missions. However if folks want to include their major NPC’s plus slight description that’s fine with me. I figured folks would simply go directly to the missions themselves to borrow.

It was I kinda want to see what was not picked, and what those ended up being. 

For the "hub" can we just up any links we want (as long they make sense). And do we need any sort of permission or it is OK for everyone. 

13 hours ago, The Legonater said:

I'm gonna be honest, I wasn't expecting Yul'Yom to be personalized. :oh: Thanks for all the effort put into this, WBD, what a cool first event! 

@Waterbrick Down: I concur! 👍

BTW, can we equip our gift items mid-quest? 

Edited by Classic_Spaceman

Really like the Yul'Yom Celebration gifts, such great ideas!  I cannot wait to celebrate it once again with you guys next year! :pir-huzzah2:

13 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

It was I kinda want to see what was not picked, and what those ended up being. 

For the "hub" can we just up any links we want (as long they make sense). And do we need any sort of permission or it is OK for everyone. 

There'll be more for next year. :laugh:

Concerning the hub, yes feel free to populate with links, though consider they're more likely to be used if people can just see them on EB as opposed to following to an off-site. Regarding usage, no permission required, if you're making an important NPC for one of your mission it might be good to let the person know so that the same picture doesn't get used for another important NPC though. :laugh:

1 hour ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

@Kintobor, @Dutch Thriceman, @samurai-turtle
A winter storm knocked out power and internet in my area (and I can only get a 
very spotty connection on my phone), so I will unfortunately be absent until everything is restored. 🥶

Stay safe. Hopefully your power comes back soon. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

This + I don't necessarily mind pauzing the mission myself.

Or Polaris and Bers will just have an 'anime filler arc', Heroica:GATS mission 8 presents the No Limit Train Arc, Yelana not included.

20 hours ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Concerning the hub, yes feel free to populate with links, though consider they're more likely to be used if people can just see them on EB as opposed to following to an off-site. Regarding usage, no permission required, if you're making an important NPC for one of your mission it might be good to let the person know so that the same picture doesn't get used for another important NPC though. :laugh:

So if you already have a name for someone you should put it down. Or maybe put a note that you are planning on using said "person". 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

very spotty connection on my phone), so I will unfortunately be absent until everything is restored. 🥶

Well don't freeze. 

1 hour ago, Kintobor said:

Seconded. 

9 minutes ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

This + I don't necessarily mind pauzing the mission myself.

Or Polaris and Bers will just have an 'anime filler arc', Heroica:GATS mission 8 presents the No Limit Train Arc, Yelana not included.

So what she is sick in the bathroom, probably from eating something she shouldn't. 

I am personally going to rule that Yelana is present with the group in order to not have any issues going forward. I hope C_S's power situation is resolved in a timely manner, but until then there is more to do. :classic:

Welcome to The Scene of the Crime. We hope you enjoy your stay. Be sure to check out our special Street-Level experience.

Edited by Duvors

On 1/4/2022 at 4:59 PM, Classic_Spaceman said:

I hope we get an update soon, am wondering how you are doing..

On 1/5/2022 at 7:07 PM, Kintobor said:

MM Note: I'll have a picture of the bus tomorrow. 

I am a little curious what this bus looks like. :wink: 

52 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

@Waterbrick Down is their some protocol to introduce NPC into the Hall. 

Depends on the purpose, currently the NPC's are either involved in missions or future missions. What did you have in mind?

40 minutes ago, Waterbrick Down said:

Depends on the purpose, currently the NPC's are either involved in missions or future missions. What did you have in mind?

Well from the sounds of it maybe the library is a better place for what I had in mind. The rest of it is going to be in spoilers for the heck of it... 

Since someone else seems to have something in mind for a character I introduced. And I don't have any idea what it might be (I am going to let it be a surprise). I then got an idea for some more lore for (let's call the character) "saint" (for now). And since to be come a "saint" you need at least two miracles attributed to "you" . I thought this could be one of the miracles attributed to "saint".

12 minutes ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well from the sounds of it maybe the library is a better place for what I had in mind. The rest of it is going to be in spoilers for the heck of it... 

So if it depends on the nature of the content:

• Important NPC for upcoming mission that will interact with other players - Hall (Suggested that they be an NPC for multiple missions as I'd hate to clutter the Hall with one-off characters)
  • Information to be added about a location/organization/technology - Library
  • Extra RP for your character that you think other people might be interested in reading - TBD (Heroica is intended to be a game for person to person interactions, not necessarily fan fiction about your character. If it's a full MOC perhaps the sci-fi Topic might be an appropriate place to post it and then have a link either in your statistics post, your signature, or in general discussion.

On 1/11/2022 at 2:59 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

So if it depends on the nature of the content:

• Important NPC for upcoming mission that will interact with other players - Hall (Suggested that they be an NPC for multiple missions as I'd hate to clutter the Hall with one-off characters)
  • Information to be added about a location/organization/technology - Library
  • Extra RP for your character that you think other people might be interested in reading - TBD (Heroica is intended to be a game for person to person interactions, not necessarily fan fiction about your character. If it's a full MOC perhaps the sci-fi Topic might be an appropriate place to post it and then have a link either in your statistics post, your signature, or in general discussion.

Not to be that person but so far the Hall has been nothing but one time NCP. (Feel free to point out how wrong I am, especially with the other Mission Masters.) 

What about lore? For example something that might of happened during the war. 

The only MOC that I made for the game involves my character's exo suit (i. e. MILES). And I am not sure sure I want to fully reveal it yet. Anything else I made might be considered "fig baring". I know I made some vehicles that I showed on Discord, but I didn't make them for the game. I just thought they could be used in the game. 

1 hour ago, samurai-turtle said:

Not to be that person but so far the Hall has been nothing but one time NCP. (Feel free to point out how wrong I am, especially with the other Mission Masters.) 

What about lore? For example something that might of happened during the war. 

The only MOC that I made for the game involves my character's exo suit (i. e. MILES). And I am not sure sure I want to fully reveal it yet. Anything else I made might be considered "fig baring". I know I made some vehicles that I showed on Discord, but I didn't make them for the game. I just thought they could be used in the game. 

All NPC's introduced thus far are critical NPC's for future missions.

Feel free to PM me what you have in mind and we can discuss.

On 1/4/2022 at 5:34 PM, Kintobor said:

I hope C_S's power situation is resolved in a timely manner 

On 1/10/2022 at 5:53 AM, Dutch Thriceman said:

I hope we get an update soon, am wondering how you are doing..

I am OK - I got power back within a few days, and Internet after that. I have just been rather busy over the past week, as well as having some issues with Anxiety! 😬
I would be ready to continue with the quest now, but another storm (with expected outages) is coming over the weekend, so I am not quite sure what to do character-wise. I do not want to hold things up, but having Yelana be effectively absent from the mission (though technically present) does not fit her character. 😕

On 1/11/2022 at 2:41 PM, samurai-turtle said:

Hide contents

Since someone else seems to have something in mind for a character I introduced. And I don't have any idea what it might be (I am going to let it be a surprise). I then got an idea for some more lore for (let's call the character) "saint" (for now). And since to be come a "saint" you need at least two miracles attributed to "you" . I thought this could be one of the miracles attributed to "saint".

I think that this could work well either in a quest, or as the basis for one. 

Spoiler

e.g. The person in-question wants to become a saint, so they hire a group of heroes to assist them in their goal. I think that this would be a very interesting concept to delve into, with regard to how the various PCs respond to the person's attempt to gain sainthood (For example, I think that Soren would help no matter what, since he would be getting paid; Zaria, conversely, would probably have major reservations about someone trying to become a saint (instead of just living their lives in a saintly manner)). Additionally, this would be a good way to flesh out some of the religions in the setting (perhaps a particular sect requires that adherents set out to perform miracles as a rite of passage/induction?), which I think would work better in a more interactive environment than the Hall (namely, a quest). 
Overall, I think that this is a good and compelling concept (and one that I want to see explored), but not something that is well-suited to the Hall or the Library (just IMO). 

2 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I am OK - I got power back within a few days, and Internet after that. I have just been rather busy over the past week, as well as having some issues with Anxiety! 😬
I would be ready to continue with the quest now, but another storm (with expected outages) is coming over the weekend, so I am not quite sure what to do character-wise. I do not want to hold things up, but having Yelana be effectively absent from the mission (though technically present) does not fit her character. 😕

Glad to hear your OK! ... I'm having a bit more trouble posting for Bers this quest as well, as I'm stuck in a bit of a winter depression, myself.

I will admit, whenever I hear about crazy weather in America I am glad to live in the Netherlands, we almost never have truly bad storms (once in my lifetime that I can remember with a mini-tornado and power outages and that is once in 28 years). Except my local area had to deal with massive floods a while back and many people lost their homes due to that.

Edited by Dutch Thriceman

On 1/12/2022 at 11:07 PM, Waterbrick Down said:

All NPC's introduced thus far are critical NPC's for future missions.

Feel free to PM me what you have in mind and we can discuss.

Well right now it sounds like your characters and no one's else's... 

I better think about it some more. Usual it sounds better in my head (or longer). At first it was just one "person" and now I am thinking of adding his brother. But if they have to be part of a mission I could add them it won't be major players in said mission. 

3 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

I think that this could work well either in a quest, or as the basis for one. 

Reveal hidden contents

e.g. The person in-question wants to become a saint, so they hire a group of heroes to assist them in their goal. I think that this would be a very interesting concept to delve into, with regard to how the various PCs respond to the person's attempt to gain sainthood (For example, I think that Soren would help no matter what, since he would be getting paid; Zaria, conversely, would probably have major reservations about someone trying to become a saint (instead of just living their lives in a saintly manner)). Additionally, this would be a good way to flesh out some of the religions in the setting (perhaps a particular sect requires that adherents set out to perform miracles as a rite of passage/induction?), which I think would work better in a more interactive environment than the Hall (namely, a quest). 
Overall, I think that this is a good and compelling concept (and one that I want to see explored), but not something that is well-suited to the Hall or the Library (just IMO). 

The difference between my idea and yours is the reason they are already a "saint". Where yours is they are trying to get sainthood. Where my idea is this miracle is attributed to this saint by a group of "people". (And if my memory is correct you need at least two miracles attributed to said person. Plus I think they need to be dead to even get official sainthood. ) 

5 hours ago, Classic_Spaceman said:

2 hours ago, Dutch Thriceman said:

Glad to hear your OK! ... I'm having a bit more trouble posting for Bers this quest as well, as I'm stuck in a bit of a winter depression, myself.

Well right now it does seem to slowing down with the "mission" for some reason maybe @Kintobor could enlightened us. 

5 hours ago, samurai-turtle said:

Well right now it sounds like your characters and no one's else's... 

I better think about it some more. Usual it sounds better in my head (or longer). At first it was just one "person" and now I am thinking of adding his brother. But if they have to be part of a mission I could add them it won't be major players in said mission. 

The point of the NPC's in the Hall is to give players not on a quest something to interact with, Duvors, Kintobor, and myself are essentially acting as MM for the Hall. One of Kintobor's NPC's has been in the Hall earlier, the others are major NPC's for the overall Heroica: GATS story. The point of NPC's in the Hall is to provide fun for other players either in short term (immediate interactions) or long term (setups for upcoming missions). If your NPC's fit one of those criteria let's discuss. :classic: