Sign in to follow this  
adde51

Spice ship on the Arkbri

Captain Qa'Yid on one of his many journeys along the Arkbri, transporting some of the finest spices in the region to Barqa. His travels have made him a wealthy man but as we learned before, it does mean that he spends a lot of time away from home...  

51007046177_3c5720f6f0_c.jpg

The boat looks great.  The gold accents are a nice touch.  Figs look great.  I like the combo of the Egyptian head dress and the Chima torso's.  The monkey and the chameleon are a fun detail.  The water looks good too.  

I like the sides of the boat better than the front - but the dual-colored brown wood looks good.  The length of the oars is great, but I agree with the flickr comments that the pitch forks don't work the best - I thought maybe they were just the 'top' of the oar and the rest  (including the flat part) would be in the water, but that doesn't seem to be the case.  

The decorations of the ship certainly convey the amount of success this trader has achieved.  The net with barrels and stuff hanging from the starboard side is my favorite part of this MOC.

A great ship, nice touch to use a mix of white and tan on the sails and I'm loving this water technique!

I will admit, I thought this was posted in the wrong forum because I read "Space ship on the Arkbri".  I thought "Did @adde51 build Benny into his creation?" and then I realized  had misread it. Ooops!  In any case, nice little ship.  I like the tan and white on the sails.  It looks very natural.  Clever use of the pitchforks as oars too!