Sign in to follow this  
MasterStud

[LEGO IDEAS] Japan 🗾 Forest Fort (Extendable/opening)

Link:

https://ideas.lego.com/projects/2948b9f0-6132-4243-bf62-dda71a111ab8

Wanted to make a set based on japan that would include a section of a forest as well as some buildings. While having cliffs that could open up and have more of a display/play area in the process. Tried to cram as many details as I could to generate a certain feel to the set. While trying to make the trees in a new realistic way so they stand out.

Front view with the characters:

webp

Opened View:

native

Tree and ground that's accessed at the center when it's opened.

native

The front of the design. With the stonepath staircase, waterways and waterfall.

native

Marketplace

native

The big statue on the bottom level can be turned.

native

Back of the cave system below the building:

native

Roof:

native

Side view:

native

Kitchen Room (above the cave)

native

Samurai Armour Room (Above the Kitchen)

native

native

Roof Room:

native

Statues:

webp

Characters, some are fantastical like the short Nuppeppo (folklore creature) and the Samurai guardian:

webp

Thanks for viewing, let me know what you think.

Very cool! Personally, I think that it's a little too busy, especially the front section with the stairs. I had a hard time finding the little stone path.

2 hours ago, John Cromwell said:

Very cool! Personally, I think that it's a little too busy, especially the front section with the stairs. I had a hard time finding the little stone path.

Not gonna lie, I find it a bit busy as well. Perhaps it is just that the lighting is too dark in your pictures.

The way you made the roof is really clever! That I like ;P I will give it my support.

9 hours ago, Samus Aran said:

Supported.

Thanks!

8 hours ago, elfprince13 said:

I love the use of the half-pipes on the roof.

Thanks! The brown technic pins on the side of it?

8 hours ago, John Cromwell said:

Thanks! A 3D view might of helped here. Might see if I can export it all (and add the string to the lift). Or wait to update it and then try to do a 3d preview.

5 hours ago, NickLafreniere said:

Not gonna lie, I find it a bit busy as well. Perhaps it is just that the lighting is too dark in your pictures.

The way you made the roof is really clever! That I like ;P I will give it my support.

Thanks! Theres some raw renders down in the comments of the project (but the strong shadows are still there from the hdr image used in the rendering).

1 hour ago, MasterStud said:

Thanks! The brown technic pins on the side of it?

The whole roof geometry is great, but I specifically meant I enjoyed recognizing those big inverted arches as half-pipes from sporting themes (skateboard / snowboarding) - or I guess technically, quarter pipes in this case. I hadn't seen them used that way before.

Edited by elfprince13

Really nice set with tonnes of character, great job though I have to say I again do find the images particularly busy and the hard shadows make it rather difficult to see things clearly... sorry!

15 hours ago, elfprince13 said:

The whole roof geometry is great, but I specifically meant I enjoyed recognizing those big inverted arches as half-pipes from sporting themes (skateboard / snowboarding) - or I guess technically, quarter pipes in this case. I hadn't seen them used that way before.

Ah those ones! I think I saw them used as hay roofs but at different angles so that it was longer vertically. This one was flatter which worked well for a Japanese roof. I also previously used them as arena walls with the curve arching outward at the top.

7 minutes ago, maxxev said:

Really nice set with tonnes of character, great job though I have to say I again do find the images particularly busy and the hard shadows make it rather difficult to see things clearly... sorry!

Here are some raw views, shadows still strong but some parts could be clearer:

webp

webp

webp

webpwebp

webp

webp

webp

webp

webp

webp