Jack06

[MOD] LEGO Ulysses Spacecraft - more detailed

Hello together,

after the ulysses space probe was released, i wanted to build my own version. Forr me personallyl, the ulysseus spacecraft lacked details, a lot of things were simply left out. 

The MOC was only made using Bricklink Stud.io, free instructions can be found here: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-74025/JBs Brick Creations/ulysses-space-probe-more-detailed/#details

So here is my version of the famous space probe, I hope you enjoy it.

Mod of lego ulysses space probe

Modification of Lego Ulysses spacecraft

Modification of Lego Ulysses spacecraft

Greetings

Jakob

On 4/17/2021 at 6:53 PM, deraven said:

Very nice rendition!  I especially like the parts usage and design of the dish.  :thumbup:

Thank you for the kind words!

On 4/17/2021 at 10:01 PM, caiman0637 said:

Nice build!

Thanks.

Nice MOD.  I think you captured the probe at that scale far better than the set LEGO released.

I should point out that real world NASA stuff typically goes in the Special LEGO Themes forum section.

I admit seeing the subject in the Sci-Fi forum, I expected some crazy sci-fi neon laser MOD or redoing it in Classic Space colors or something.

20 hours ago, Lord Insanity said:

I should point out that real world NASA stuff typically goes in the Special LEGO Themes forum section.

If that's the case you might want to update the intro in the Sci-Fi forum launchpad as it does state:

On 6/13/2008 at 7:16 AM, Siegfried said:

So what belongs in here? This isn't a rigid list, but for starters;

All LEGO space themes, including Space Police

Mecha (Exo-force or not)

Steampunk (Past, Present and Future)

Post Apocalyptic

Zombie

MOCs (and some sets) based around real spacecraft

Though It is from 10 years ago before the new renaissance of  "Modern Space" sets like the Sat V, LEM and Shuttle...

Well all the modern NASA based set discussions have been going in the Special Themes forum.  I don't really care if it is here but I figure he would get more response from the forum where that subject is usually discussed.  :shrug_oh_well:

On 4/22/2021 at 3:52 AM, Lord Insanity said:

Sorry. I had seen this mod of the spaceprobe posted in the same Forum, so I thought it would be the right subcategory for stuff like that.

Greetings

Jakob