One of my first posts on Eurobricks was of a Metroliner inspired high speed train I designed on LDD nearly 5 years ago. It has existed with minimal revisions for years, but something that always bothered me was how jagged and pointed the nose was. This actually lead me to nicknaming it "The Metro Dagger", which is a rather silly name if I'm being quite honest. Here are some before shots with the ones in actual bricks sporting some custom stickers.

omSqyB1ld6xLSpbMg7V5i-6HI6fTgEBBQLTFrPPE

30JFiNg7T9ZHProxjFHeFqcuBkm7bJ23Hl2pcKd_

50990921432_7799629d36_c.jpg

Either way, I felt the design needed some revision. For the moment, I just wanted to focus my attention on the locomotives, though I may change the passenger cars later on. In addition, I wanted to still keep the simplicity and durability of the locos intact, as well as use that long windscreen piece, so those would factor into the redesign as well.

50990921937_ea53b3f2f1_c.jpg

50990809446_6d0eef438f_c.jpg

I think the old cars and the new locos work well together, though the club car striping could use some work, now that I'm looking at it. Also, when I've run the current full train on track, it tends to move quite slowly. I'm thinking of making a dual motor mod to the power car later on.

50990112048_a15640bc76_c.jpg

Old design is on top, new one on the bottom. The new loco is nearly 3 studs shorter, so hopefully this fixes its ridiculous overhang on R40. 

I would love comments and suggestions on how to improve the locomotive, cars, (Or name!). Especially curious to hear @Murdoch17's thoughts on it as he helped me so much in my original design. If anyone wants to tinker in the Stud.io file, here is the link to my folder. This file is under the name "MD21" https://bricksafe.com/pages/Legownz/legownzs-train-mocs

Thanks for the tag, @Legownz, this is a 100% improvement, as I love the new nose. It looks way better there, and I love that you've increased the amount of controls inside the cab.

Keep up the good work!