Sign in to follow this  
NOD

[SR - FB] Coffee Plantation, Hellion

Plantation: Large

50916371161_a5c398463d_b.jpgDSC08327 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Mikelancelo painted the first picture.

50915685848_b0dc9b5a48_b.jpgDSC08344 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The plantation was built by the good Sea Rats.

50916371071_56f3f7e04f_b.jpgDSC08339 by Philippe, auf Flickr

Hellion is the newest settlement. Everyone helps with the construction.

50915685858_fa4c392e2c_b.jpgDSC08333 by Philippe, auf Flickr

The coffee plantation it is on both sides of a river.

Another good plantation for BoBS! The plants look good (although I thought coffee plants were grown closer together, but that doesn't matter). The boxes are a good detail. The river and the path do a nice job of giving the scene some definition. Well done! :thumbup:

That is a LARGE plantation :pir-grin: I really like the mix of trans blues in the river on top of green, looks cool.

The tan path running top to bottom is very straight! Impressively straight! It may be that these Sea Rats are very particular and broke out their surveying tripods, but if not, a few 1x2 plates along the sides to help break up the straight lines might make it look more natural.

Nice work with these massive plantations

Edited by evancelt

Impressive plantation! Like Evan said, breaking up the straightness of the path would make it look more natural, and if possible you might also want to depress it under the terrain rather than have it sitting on top. I'd also personally like you to both build in, and tell a bit more of a story with your build. Right now, it is very much "just" a property for the EGS - I really enjoy the builds that are part of telling the story of the Brick Seas. Very impressive size, trees and plants, though - keep up the good work.

Thanks to all for the compliments and tips,:pir-classic:

@evancelt The survey tripod fell down when the Sea Rats borrowed it.:pir_laugh2:

I actually never wanted to publish this plantation because my digital plantations are much nicer. I recognize the mistakes in this plantation. That's why I started building digitally. Unfortunately I don't have the bricks to build the digital ones. Buying bricks for my 2 digital ships has priority. I really want to build the 2 ships that I built digitally with real bricks. I can't buy all of the bricks at once because it's too expensive. I buy some bricks that I need every month.

You're right in telling a story. I'll try to do better next time.

2 hours ago, NOD said:

I actually never wanted to publish this plantation because my digital plantations are much nicer. I recognize the mistakes in this plantation. That's why I started building digitally. Unfortunately I don't have the bricks to build the digital ones. Buying bricks for my 2 digital ships has priority. I really want to build the 2 ships that I built digitally with real bricks. I can't buy all of the bricks at once because it's too expensive. I buy some bricks that I need every month.

Yeah LEGOs are expensive! I've rapidly built up a big collection over the past year, but my bank accounts have suffered. Makes sense that your ships are taking priority!

One of the biggest "bang for the buck" LEGO purchases I've made in the last 6 months is 1x2 plates in bulk. When it comes to building landscapes, these are key because you can make any of the larger-sized plates with enough of the small 1x2s. AND you can just stick next to or on bigger plates to make them non-rectangular. @Ayrlego had some good tips in this 'Starting from Scratch' thread. I ended up getting all sorts of colors of 1x2 plates, but the green, olive green, dark tan, tan, and medium nougat get used the most. Picking up a few of each of those on each of your next ship-piece orders might allow for little details!

Anyway, great concept for this build!

Agreed with both of you on cost, and with Evan on 1x2 plates. For ships, buildings, landscapes, etc. 1x2s, 1x3s, 1x4s are some of the most versatile bricks you can get, and in many colours you can get a reasonable amount without it costing an arm and a leg.