marvelBoy123

[P17 - Trigalis - TT] The Grand and Imperial Hotel

*Your entry has earned 9 XP*

Welcome to the Grand and Imperial Hotel!

This historic building is amongst the most exclusive hotels on Trigalis, situated in the Upper East Heffesk district of New Coronet - an up and coming destination with miles of unspoilt beaches and just 15 minutes from the city centre by speeder. 

800x659.jpg

The hotel lobby is decorated in the Rodian Moorish architecture style, with all materials sourced locally on the planet. The trees are of the finest quality,imported directly from Mandalore. Upon arrival a porter will collect your luggage and then our helpful staff will direct you to your room. 

800x600.jpg

800x601.jpg

Spoiler

Farantros' notes: When the Triumvirate decided to increase its presence on Trigalis, a new base of operations would be required. With the New Republic in the area things needed to be subtle and hence I suggested the purchase of a hotel. It would attract little attention, allow us to keep an eye on the New Republic and provide suitable quarters for any personnel who were on the planet. I found the Grand and Imperial on a bargain and was rushed out there to negotiate the purchase. Of course, to ensure that the hotel was of an appropriate quality, I would have to 'take a holiday' there for a few days beforehand. I impressed upon arrival as I was fast-tracked through the queue at reception and was able to secure one of the premium suites for free considering the nature of my visit. The formality and order of the place would be popular with the Triumvirate's commanders but I knew it would take a little work to sell them on the dark blue colour scheme - that was more the New Republic's thing.

Once you have been assigned you room why not head to the micro cantina and relax with a local cocktail. Our state-of-the-art cantina is well stocked and a range of local and intergalactic drinks can be prepared.

800x363.jpg

800x600.jpg

Spoiler

Farantros' notes: As I walked towards my room, I saw a familiar face at the cantina. It looked very much like a diplomat I had met back on Scarif a while back - 'Fnab Bibbles' or something like that. We'd celebrated Life Day together though I hear not long afterwards the guy had gone rogue. Seen as I was on holiday I was about to go and join him for a drink but he quite suddenly jumped up and hastily walked towards the elevator. 

800x600.jpg

I thought I might have caused such a reaction for a minute, after all the Triumvirate probably had a bounty on his head. I soon realised however that I what had frightened him away from the bar. It was a young stormtrooper with blond floppy hair. The guy stormed into the room looking angry and muttering about tracking someone down. I guess that the Triumvirate was still after Fnab but I had no quarrel with him so decided get a drink rather than chasing after him. 

800x600.jpg

Spoiler

1280x609.jpg

This is the build I have worked on the longest: I started at the end of last summer and have gone through a number of variations from that point. As a keen traveller, I have wanted to build a star wars hotel for a long time and this one is particularly inspired by arabic architecture that I have seen on my travels. This will hopefully be the first in a number of parts to a series showing a few different areas in the hotel. A massive thanks to @Ross Fisher for letting me borrow Fnab for this - after Fnab's previous vacations and spa days it seemed fitting that he might be seen in a hotel such as this. 

As ever feedback is appreciated!

Edited by goatman461

Some really nice architecture, nicely done! So glad someone's giving Fnab the holiday he deserves. It's just a shame he can't catch a break!

Great build. I love the dark blue/white colour scheme! It looks like a luxury hotel. Can´t wait to see more of it!

Good to see, that there are more yellow faces running around in the galaxy far far away!

Yes! I've been looking forward to this build - and it does not disappoint! I'm getting a serious greek Santorini feeling, coupled with the Arabic architecture you aimed for...

So many great little details - The Mandalore trees (nerdy deep cut), the round tiles (bubles) in the beam above the bar, are my favorites!

Looking forward to see more... :pir-tongue:

On 1/30/2021 at 7:38 PM, Ross Fisher said:

Some really nice architecture, nicely done! So glad someone's giving Fnab the holiday he deserves. It's just a shame he can't catch a break!

Thanks! Even after leaving TT Fnab's luck doesn't seem to have changed much for the better - every holiday he takes seems to get disrupted in one way or another!

On 1/30/2021 at 9:02 PM, Brickwolf said:

Great build. I love the dark blue/white colour scheme! It looks like a luxury hotel. Can´t wait to see more of it!

Good to see, that there are more yellow faces running around in the galaxy far far away!

Thanks! The yellow face is a little reference that those who have been following Fnab's story for a while should appreciate :wink:

On 1/31/2021 at 8:26 AM, Darth Bjorn said:

Yes! I've been looking forward to this build - and it does not disappoint! I'm getting a serious greek Santorini feeling, coupled with the Arabic architecture you aimed for...

So many great little details - The Mandalore trees (nerdy deep cut), the round tiles (bubles) in the beam above the bar, are my favorites!

Looking forward to see more... :pir-tongue:

Thanks, the blue and white colour scheme came about after I got a lot of the quarter round tiles on a good deal - after that I just stuck to those colours which is probably what gives the Santorini feeling. The mandalore trees stood out to me while rewatching clone wars and the design is surprisingly simple but I'm glad you like it!

On 1/31/2021 at 10:00 AM, Simulterious said:

The colors complement each other so well, and that architecture is stellar!

Thanks, the white and blue were quite difficult to work with once pieces started running low but I'm glad you like the result!

Great hotel with fantastic design details: the entrance with those strange... plants?, the check-in desk, the bar, the characters... Those walls and floor details are very creative with those arabic architecture luxury spots.

Edited by dvogon