Fuppylodders

UK TLG customer service accessible?

I received an email about an order I placed stating that I need to contact customer services as a back order is ready to ship but payment details need updating due to the length of time it has been and so payment has fallen outside of authorisation time. (Legitimate email, had this before).
However, they aren't accepting emails, their chat isn't accepting any new cchats online, and their phone number doesn't seem to be working... Anyone else having this?

That's odd.  I'm in the US and can't help with the customer service availability in particular, but I can tell you that I had the same thing happen a few weeks ago and despite the warning they just re-authorized the payment, charged it as usual, and shipped out my order without my having to do anything, so you might be OK on that front.

To clarify, I missed the initial email, then contacted them a few days later, but before they got to my message with how backed up they are the order went through on its own.

@Fuppylodders, What number did you call them on?

If you can, try calling them very early (as soon as lines open) or very late (just before they are scheduled to close). The latter might not sound sensible but it actually works quite well because your call gets diverted to LEGO’s call centre in the US. The call doesn’t cost you extra.

Thanks guys, managed to get through to them on a call after a 30 minute wait (no problems), seems they'd done the same and auto authorised it again. Turns out I didn't even need to call them up :shrug_oh_well: oh well, trouble on tatooine on the way! 

Their entire customer service phone center seems to be in the UK btw (well, that's where phone calls seem to end), I wonder if the Brexit is gonna affect that.

2 hours ago, anothergol said:

Their entire customer service phone center seems to be in the UK btw (well, that's where phone calls seem to end), I wonder if the Brexit is gonna affect that.

It’s unlikely, but the Covid lockdown in place is probably the major couse of disruption here in the UK.  I don’t think a call centre worker for a toy company counts as a key worker.

33 minutes ago, jus1973 said:

It’s unlikely, but the Covid lockdown in place is probably the major couse of disruption here in the UK.  I don’t think a call centre worker for a toy company counts as a key worker.

Call centre staff can work from home, it's just that it costs the company more and they cannot keep an eye on their workers.

I had this before because I paid with Paypal, and it was on back order and the payment expired.  Contacted them via email in the end, but it took a week to get a reply back, then another week to respond again.  That was in the first lockdown.