Simulterious

[K18 - Hoth - TT] In the cold trenches

The snow landscaping is really good - definitely some of your best! The explosion works well to break up the white - colour can often be a problem with snowy builds!

Really amazing work, legitimately one of my favorite Hoth builds! It captures the spirit of the battle so well. Your Rebel gun emplacement looks spot-on, the ropes and wires hanging from both guns adds so much. That explosion is perfect. The overall balance of the build is just really good, the mixture of elements and placement, the slight rise of terrain on the back right leading the eye to the explosion, which leads the eye to the cannon, and how its all offset by the heavier left side of the image where there are more instances of black. The composition is what really nails this one.
I don't know whether or not this was intentional, but the lighting and dark background in the later pictures gives it this vibe almost of a diorama you'd see in a museum, which is, frankly, an incredible vibe.

Well done!

Love it! My favorite details are the ropes leading to the guns, as pointed out RocketBoy already. I also like the usage of the quarter round white brick. I got a bunch of them too not long ago during my last visit at the LEGO Store. I mainly got them for building roofs but now I realize I can make good use of them for terrain too. Thank you!

On 1/4/2021 at 12:34 AM, Bociephus said:

I could look at this forever. Such great quality snow and explosions! 

Thank you! 

22 hours ago, marvelBoy123 said:

The snow landscaping is really good - definitely some of your best! The explosion works well to break up the white - colour can often be a problem with snowy builds!

Thanks, this was my excersize in landscaping. 

19 hours ago, RocketBoy said:

Really amazing work, legitimately one of my favorite Hoth builds! It captures the spirit of the battle so well. Your Rebel gun emplacement looks spot-on, the ropes and wires hanging from both guns adds so much. That explosion is perfect. The overall balance of the build is just really good, the mixture of elements and placement, the slight rise of terrain on the back right leading the eye to the explosion, which leads the eye to the cannon, and how its all offset by the heavier left side of the image where there are more instances of black. The composition is what really nails this one.
I don't know whether or not this was intentional, but the lighting and dark background in the later pictures gives it this vibe almost of a diorama you'd see in a museum, which is, frankly, an incredible vibe.

Well done!

Thank you so much! Took me a long time to get the terrain right, mostly studied other builders for inspiration. 

13 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

This is a really nice build. Good work Sim!

Thanks! 

12 hours ago, Tierce said:

Love it! My favorite details are the ropes leading to the guns, as pointed out RocketBoy already. I also like the usage of the quarter round white brick. I got a bunch of them too not long ago during my last visit at the LEGO Store. I mainly got them for building roofs but now I realize I can make good use of them for terrain too. Thank you!

Yeah, they're quite good! I used them to make clouds in a previous build... 

Nice build here Sim! I really dig the usage of the white quarter domes in the terrain.

Really nice Hoth build. The explosion is great and those rounded white pieces work quite well in most parts. The action scene is nicelyl captured. Well done!