Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

MBoM, Vintage Car, and Bicycles Xtras polybag has shipped! Diagon Alley is still waiting for new stock, but happy to wait. Pleased to get the MBoM though.

I wonder if LEGO will just continue to use the princess hair for Hermione in a potential Battle for Hogwarts set this year or if they will give her a ponytail hairpiece instead

Edited by Albert with an A

7 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

For the Iron Man one, I had to order two copies on bricklink because the retail release was at least two months after the s@h release and I couldn't be bothered to wait that long, staring at an empty wall

Didn't think you'd still have empty walls by this point :laugh_hard:

I've been seeing heaps of rumours that this will be the last year for Harry Potter lego because of the whole JK Twitter Drama and the predicted Fantastic Beasts 3 movie figures. Any truth to this?? Also I'm really intrigued to see if they do another Hogwarts extension this year! Any thoughts on what it would be? ?‍♀️ also seeing everyone talk about the new books I now want them lol

15 hours ago, Mordarch said:

I was wondering if the big $230 set could be Gringotts and the Leaky Cauldron with brick wall. I know these are on opposite sides of the alley, but it would make the price more logical.

As I have said previously it makes most sense to have them in separate sets and instead include another less known building with Gringotts if it turn out to be the 250$ one. I think if Lego do this right a annual DA set could come close to the hype of the modular, so I am really excited to see what we get this summer in that regard :sweet:

11 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I was also pleasantly surprised when the tiles turned out to be printed :classic: Since I'm not expecting too many new moulds in the 2HY sets (mainly due to an expected lack of new patronus animals or beasts, unless they surprise us with a troll or Fluffy or something) they could have invested their budget mainly into prints :shrug_oh_well:

I am sure they have such a large budget now, and that is always new parts they want to make so I think we will get as many new parts as the last 3 years at least. E.g. just look at McGonagall's hatt/hair combo part :wink:

7 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Didn't think you'd still have empty walls by this point :laugh_hard:

Hehe, the perks of living alone in my own (rented) flat :head_back: I couldn‘t even place a single one of these in my LEGO room (unless I stapled them to the ceiling or something), so I decorate basically all of my walls in the corridors 

17 minutes ago, Isabellalego said:

I've been seeing heaps of rumours that this will be the last year for Harry Potter lego because of the whole JK Twitter Drama and the predicted Fantastic Beasts 3 movie figures. Any truth to this?? Also I'm really intrigued to see if they do another Hogwarts extension this year! Any thoughts on what it would be? ?‍♀️ also seeing everyone talk about the new books I now want them lol

Yeah there's no truth to that, just another example of people not being able to differentiate between JK Rowling as a person and the stories she wrote 20 years ago. When this theme ends it'll be because LEGO themselves want to end it or because WB forces them to, not because of something Rowling said. 

The Hogwarts section for this year is speculated to be the Bell Towers.

10 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Yeah there's no truth to that, just another example of people not being able to differentiate between JK Rowling as a person and the stories she wrote 20 years ago. When this theme ends it'll be because LEGO themselves want to end it or because WB forces them to, not because of something Rowling said. 

Yeah I'm so over people trying to wreck the magic of HP just because of twitter comments. Hopefully we get HP lego for a couple more years at least! 

Thanks! I've got the clock tower and astronomy tower but I don't know whether to keep collecting the Hogwarts expansions or just bite the bullet and buy the micro fig scale full castle set! 

16 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

When this theme ends it'll be because LEGO themselves want to end it or because WB forces them to, not because of something Rowling said. 

Exactly. Separating the art from the artist can be tricky, but I think it’s fairly easy in this case. I don‘t let her ruin my love for the franchise :tongue: Good thing I only care about the films and LEGO sets, makes it even easier for me (apart from FB that is, but luckily screenwriting duties are shared in FB3)

And how can they predict the success of a film that has barely even started shooting?!

58 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Do you think there will be more then one extension to Hogwarts this year? 

Just now, Lionbear8 said:

I am more fan of books than movies. Please whats significant happened at movie close to the  bells tower ?

9 minutes ago, Lionbear8 said:

Given that a good chunk of DH revolves around the Battle of Hogwarts I'd assume 2-3 sections should be a reasonable expectation but that's just a guess. 

7 minutes ago, KA1 said:

I am more fan of books than movies. Please whats significant happened at movie close to the  bells tower ?

It's more the look of that part of the castle that makes it a good candidate for a Hogwarts expansion than what actually happens there. It's pretty much the last section of the main castle that's instantly recognisable and in terms of interiors LEGO can really just pick and choose what they want to include. The most interesting thing about the BT's location is that it's right at the end of the Long Gallery, which is where quite a few classes are located, and outside are the Herbology greenhouses.

Edited by Guyon2002

16 hours ago, Yope said:

Anyone built the Hogwarts moments sets yet?  Would be nice to hear some thoughts as I think I'll probably end up buying either just the figures or all 4 books!

As for longevity of the theme, I think 2/3 more years would be ideal. If we could get a Hogsmeade D2C, Gringotts, Rita Skeeter, Percy Weasley, Madam Pomfrey then I'll be completely satisfied.

EDIT: Actually I'd really like a Leaky Cauldron too...

I built The Hogwarts Moment; Herbology yesterday. it’s a funny built and it’s more small than I expective, it’s very cozy. The bricks are interesting for me.  I bought the sets for the minifigures but I really like it. 

I’m just curious, as here in the UK we are in another national lockdown ... I assume that a lot of LEGO stores will have been sent stock of the MBoM to fulfil the GWP promotion. What will happen to that stock? Do you think LEGO will just wait until the stores re-open to run the promotion, or will they be available for general sale? ??‍♀️

Edited by Scarlet_Patronus

2 hours ago, KA1 said:

I suppose the fact that the bell towers were one of the few sections of the castle that where decently represented in the previous iteration of the theme gives them some viability as well. Plus... I have just spent a fair bit of money on upgrading my old bell towers to match the new sets. So it's basically guaranteed they will be made now to ensure that I just wasted my money! :laugh:

5 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I suppose the fact that the bell towers were one of the few sections of the castle that where decently represented in the previous iteration of the theme gives them some viability as well. Plus... I have just spent a fair bit of money on upgrading my old bell towers to match the new sets. So it's basically guaranteed they will be made now to ensure that I just wasted my money! :laugh:

What set are you referring to? I don't recall LEGO ever having made the Bell Towers before. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

What set are you referring to? I don't recall LEGO ever having made the Bell Towers before. 

I believe he is talking about 4867

15 minutes ago, Surge said:

I believe he is talking about 4867

Hmmm, I guess I can kinda see it but besides the fact that both have 2 towers they look nothing alike. This set looks more like the Viaduct Courtyard Entrace from DH with the towers changed so they look better next to the other castle set. 

maxresdefault.jpg

To be fair, none of the 2010/11 sets look very accurate, and are rather a mashup of different parts of the castle. The use of those Corner Wall panels really harms the supposed Grand Staircase Tower, I have 14 of them with no use for them at all! They should have stuck to the round panels. The Great Hall I suppose is passable, and some of the interiors are quite nice though. 

6bbe4ddd94cf64c65121a9e5807669f9.jpg

The reason the Bell Towers (the two on the far right) keep getting suggested is that they are the only two interesting towers left. The Central Tower (in front of the Astronomy Tower) and Training Grounds Tower (behind the Bell Towers) are of the same basic shape, but without some of the nice architectural detail. 

The Courtyards and Bridges would make great sets, particularly for DHII. 

Just now, Seaber said:

Edited by Seaber

31 minutes ago, Seaber said:

The reason the Bell Towers (the two on the far right) keep getting suggested is that they are the only two interesting towers left. The Central Tower (in front of the Astronomy Tower) and Training Grounds Tower (behind the Bell Towers) are of the same basic shape, but without some of the nice architectural detail. 

The Courtyards and Bridges would make great sets, particularly for DHII. 

That's why I honestly don't see them doing the Bell towers, they have no significance in the movies or books at all. Even design-wise, as you said, they're quite similar to all the other remaining towers (cube-shaped, main peak, four turrets). I think they're more likely to make some exteriors, probably the courtyard battle. They could make it the design from DH again, and include some towers for the latest Hogwarts set.

Don't mistake this scepticism as me not wanting the Bell Towers, not at all. I just don't think LEGO would 'waste' a set slot on them.

5 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

What will happen to that stock? Do you think LEGO will just wait until the stores re-open to run the promotion

Probably, shops run out of GWP at different times anyway, the question is if they got them in the first place since they are closed :shrug_oh_well:

7 hours ago, Isabellalego said:

I've got the clock tower and astronomy tower but I don't know whether to keep collecting the Hogwarts expansions or just bite the bullet and buy the micro fig scale full castle set! 

Welcome :classic:
Depends on if you want it for display or prefer minifig-scale sets? If you can afford it I would recommend buying both :tongue:

The idea of the summer wave already existing is just so exciting :laugh: I know it’s been said in the past thread, but when did  we start seeing leaked parts and figures last year?

42 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

The idea of the summer wave already existing is just so exciting :laugh: I know it’s been said in the past thread, but when did  we start seeing leaked parts and figures last year?

I believe it was around April we started seeing some leaks.

I have seen some users on Harry Potter threads saying that bult-brick Basilisk is meh. 

Do we have meh for Hungarian Horntail, Aragon, and other magical creatures? Buckbeak, Fawke, Therstal, and Patronus creature molds are a win! 

Are there any credible leaks on what theme Lego will use for a 2021 Harry Potter Advent calendar? Given the pattern of the previous two HP calendars closely corresponding to Hogwarts sets (Great Hall for 2019 and Clock Tower/Yule for 2020), I've heard the idea that the 2021 Advent calendar could be linked to the Astronomy Tower/Slug Club set. However, whereas I thought the 2020 Advent calendar really did a nice job of adding figures and props relevant to, but missing from, the Clock Tower/Yule set (such as the Patil sisters in Yule garb), I don't see where there is much important stuff to be added to the existing Slug Club party content. Any ideas of what new figures and builds Lego would include if they go with the Slug Club theme for the next Advent calendar? Any ideas on what theme other than the Slug Club that Lego might use for the next Advent calendar?