Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, Falconfan1414 said:

It sounds like he has a wishlist. His source should know the other sets if he is legit and trust me you wouldn’t be able to fully guess what’s coming. So if he can provide at least one of them I’ll believe that but rn I think his source has one of the wishlists

He said this: I know what the $250 set is, but only a handful of people at lego know and if I mention it, it will give them away. 
There were a lot of sets being considered in October last year. Some will not happen for whatever reason (Gringotts may be one of these). Sets I was told were on the table were Honeydukes, Werewolf/forest set, extensions to Diagon Alley (Borgin/Burkes, Knockturn), Leaky Couldron and more. I don't think these will make the final cut. But I know of two that are certain

3 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

76395 with 264 pieces for 29.99 is a normal play set like the horntail or forbidden forest: umbridge encounter. The 39.99 for 597 is similar to the quidditch set which also had a very good price to piece ratio (500 for 39.99) or the Hedwig brick-built owl set (630 for 39.99)

Agreed, the PPRs for these three are good, but not out of the ordinary for this theme. 76392's however is exceptional, that one has to be something none of us had on our radars. It's basically the largest non-D2C set so far *oh2*

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

He said this: I know what the $250 set is, but only a handful of people at lego know and if I mention it, it will give them away. 

The whole FB thing sounds pretty sketchy to me :shrug_oh_well:

22 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

"Art" is its own theme and therefore has its own separate set numbers. Besides, we already have a HP-themed Art set :wink: And a "helmet"-style set doesn't make much sense either, think of all the pieces they'd have to recolour in light flesh :grin:

When I said busts, I also counted statues like Hedwig. 

34 minutes ago, Textorix said:

1673 pcs for only 129.99? Thats crazy price for parts ratio... sounds almost like some brickbuild nonsense but then I wonder what is Gringotts then.

The 80012 monkey king warrior mech set (1629 for 129.99) has almost the identical piece count and price and it is definitely a play set. Flower fruit mountain or bigger ninjago sets also have similar ppp for their big flagship sets so it is possible for a normal play set to have this ppp (just not a Disney Star Wars or Marvel set because you have to pay the mouse toll)

1 minute ago, Brickroll said:

When I said busts, I also counted statues like Hedwig. 

Fair enough :classic: Though I'm not sure which creature would justify a set at that price point :laugh: 

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

The whole FB thing sounds pretty sketchy to me :shrug_oh_well:

Yeah sorry if I spread some false info here. You know at this point I am so desperate about august wave that I might believe everything which sounds at least somehow realistic.

Just now, Textorix said:

Yeah sorry if I spread some false info here. You know at this point I am so desperate about august wave that I might believe everything which sounds at least somehow realistic.

No worries, I know the feeling :wink: We'll get proper info soon enough, it can't evade us forever :devil:

7 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

The 80012 monkey king warrior mech set (1629 for 129.99) has almost the identical piece count and price and it is definitely a play set. 

Yes but remember this is a licended theme. Burrow had more than 1000 pieces and it costs like 110€. This one is only 20€ more expensive and has almost 1700 pieces. Thats suspicious and it doesnt sound like a playset.

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Fair enough :classic: Though I'm not sure which creature would justify a set at that price point :laugh: 

Fawkes with a Golden Dumbledore. Most of the needed red,dark red, orangish yellow and black pieces are already in the production cycle right now

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Perhaps a certain highly desirable clothing article? A human scale Hungarian Horntail tooth? 3 Nifflers in a nest? Half a grindylow, split down the middle? Erumpent 1/2 scale horn with gunpowder included? The tail of a mermaid? Eye of newt, toe of frog, wool of bat and tongue of dog?

Edited by Brickroll

2 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Fawkes with a Golden Dumbledore. Most of the needed red,dark red, orangish yellow and black pieces are already in the production cycle right now

Not a bad idea actually, but I'm not sure if Fawkes is important enough to warrant a set that big. If Hedwig can be realized at 40$, I think Fawkes could easily be done at 80$ max :classic:

4 minutes ago, Brickroll said:

3 Nifflers in a nest?

I'd buy that in a heartbeat :wub:

10 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yes but remember this is a licended theme. Burrow had more than 1000 pieces and it costs like 110€. This one is only 20€ more expensive and has almost 1700 pieces. Thats suspicious.

Diagon Alley has a 7.2 ct price per piece ratio and the micro Hogwarts castle has a 6.6 ct pppr. This would be 7.8 ct pppr (1673 for 129.99) so it is actually more expensive than Diagon Alley. Bigger sets usually have a better price per piece ratios (unless they rely heavily on large new moulds or recolours or prints)

Edited by Metanoios91

I miss the thread reopening by half an hour and there's an explosion of talk! :pir-oh3:

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Looks like we have something to discuss again :sweet: Promobricks have updated their set list with piece counts and European prices:

• 76392: 876 pcs, 69.99€
  • 76393: 1673 pcs, 129.99€
  • 76394: 597 pcs, 39.99€
  • 76395: 264 pcs, 29.99€

The release date for all of them is supposedly June :wacko: Probably a mix-up, but now we at least know the piece counts. I wonder why 76393 has almost 500 pieces more than 76389 despite being 10€ cheaper *huh*

Those are very promising figures if correct. Are the second-biggest sets in waves normally in the 900 piece region?

I suspect 76393 being so cheap for the parts probably means there are lots of cheap parts. A set with a high proportion of 1x1 round plates would have a decent ratio, no? Perhaps it's a lot of studs to represent the enchantment-clearing waterfall of Gringotts, or the flood in Yaxley's office at the Ministry?

(Side-note: imagine if we got a Ministry of Magic set, but it's just Yaxley's office and the lift with an out-of-scale statue of the downtrodden elves and a flushing toilet play feature. That would certainly qualify as lowered expectations!)

14 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Not a bad idea actually, but I'm not sure if Fawkes is important enough to warrant a set that big. If Hedwig can be realized at 40$, I think Fawkes could easily be done at 80$ max :classic:

Fawkes the Phoenix

A slightly scaled down Fawkes could be built with a technic frame on the inside (like Grogu and Yoda) with roughly 600 pieces (for example head 100, body 200, wings and feet 150 each)

21 minutes ago, Alexandrina said:

I suspect 76393 being so cheap for the parts probably means there are lots of cheap parts. A set with a high proportion of 1x1 round plates would have a decent ratio, no? Perhaps it's a lot of studs to represent the enchantment-clearing waterfall of Gringotts, or the flood in Yaxley's office at the Ministry?

To me this one has to be something brickbuild or microscale because there is no way this could be playset. I think this is lower your expectation thing

Edited by Textorix

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

To me this one has to be something brickbuild or microscale because there is no way this could be playset.

If that's the case, and it's not something special, they might not get the sales they're hoping for. Harry Potter is getting to be an expensive buy, so I bet there's lots of people looking for justification not to buy all the sets - and there are only so many things in Harry Potter that are iconic enough and big enough to make a good-selling microscale set at that piece count. Something brick-built gives more options, but I'm still not sure if the same market's there. I know my money will be going elsewhere if that's the case; I can only afford so many £100+ sets a year so if the set doesn't grab me I'll find something in another theme that does. I hope you're wrong, though - I'd take a minifigure-sized playset with lots of cheap pieces over a brick-built model.

1 minute ago, Alexandrina said:

I hope you're wrong, though - I'd take a minifigure-sized playset with lots of cheap pieces over a brick-built model.

I mean I hope that I am wrong too because I would be really disappointed if it wasnt a playset

7 minutes ago, Textorix said:

To me this one has to be something brickbuild or microscale because there is no way this could be playset. I think this is lower your expectation thing

Nothing in the entire Harry Potter canon and lore warrants another micro-scale set. The rest of the castle (back-side) would never be sold as a retail set, not even a D2C because it just looks not good as a stand alone set.

Those PPRs honestly scare me, these are probably some sort of gimmicky sets like those action battle sets that Star Wars had a couple years back. I really hope they are normal sets, more Anniversary sets would be dope, but I’m not holding my breath.

Just now, Metanoios91 said:

Nothing in the entire Harry Potter canon and lore warrants another micro-scale set. The rest of the castle (back-side) would never be sold as a retail set, not even a D2C because it just looks not good as a stand alone set.

Well then it can be only brickbuild but that wont sell good either sooo if it is a playset, how could it be so bad that Guyon and Falconfan warned us? Maybe its big Hogwarts Express after all...

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

these are probably some sort of gimmicky sets like those action battle sets that Star Wars had a couple years back.

It might be unpopular, but I'd genuinely be interested to see Lego pull of an action battle for Harry Potter. If they can somehow conjure up some brick trickery to represent the flashes of light from wands, I'd be down for an action battle set. Plus, what else could it be but the Battle of Hogwarts?

Or the Boggart-Dementor scene perhaps - we've not had that in the new range, unless I'm forgetting something, and it's exactly the sort of scene that Lego might feel would need a novelty play function to make compelling.

There are only 3 things which can really disappoint me and these are brickbuild stuff, microscale and remakes. If it isnt neither of those I am just fine :D

1 minute ago, RODDY said:

Those PPRs honestly scare me, these are probably some sort of gimmicky sets like those action battle sets that Star Wars had a couple years back. I really hope they are normal sets, more Anniversary sets would be dope, but I’m not holding my breath.

The action battle sets had a higher pppr just like usual star wars sets (> 11 ct pppr) so that is a bad comparison. Gimmicky sets like the Hogwarts moments books have also a higher pppr not a lower one like these. I think anniversary sets are more likely.

And the smallest set in the August/june wave is just like any other 29.99 play set in the 2018 - 2020 wave.

Oh boy... this thread just reopened and there is  already an explosion of posts?? Cool! 

Anyway, the PPPs seem interesting and promising to me. Honestly, it doens’t bother me at all. Now ew will wait for set names and images! 

I have no evidence to back this up, but I have a feeling that the $120 set with the high piece count is going to be something like the Sword of Gryffindor. It could be mounted on a wall for display by AFOLs, or used by kids for role play. The other thought that came to me for this set... and I’m struggling not to vomit as I type this... is a brick built Sorting Hat. I imagine it would just look like a giant poo emoji in LEGO bricks 💩. Both of these would surely be disappointing to most of us and would require much lowered expectations from those of us who were anticipating a Gringott’s / Diagon Alley expansion set (which @Falconfan1414 and @Guyon2002 have all but confirmed we will not be getting) or an epic Deathly Hallows final battle set.