Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 hour ago, El Primo said:

I am thinking a Shrieking Shack and Hog's Head can be placed in one set of Hogsmid. Additional houses are not needed.

Eh, honestly, I don’t see that way - I mean why Shireking Shack from PoA and Hog’s Head pub from OotP come into one set? You could get two versions of Harry, Ron, and Herimone in that set. 

Sure, there is Weasley’s Wizard Wheezes joke shop in Diagon Alley set, which it doesn’t exist in PS or CoS movie/book. Diagon Alley is just in a time vortex. 

I can’t remember if Clock Tower has two variants of Harry, Herimone and Ron (Yule Ball and schoool attires)?

10 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Eh, honestly, I don’t see that way - I mean why Shireking Shack from PoA and Hog’s Head pub from OotP come into one set? You could get two versions of Harry, Ron, and Herimone in that set. 

The Shrieking Shack isn't necessarily PoA-specific, it was Voldemorts headquarters during the Battle of Hogwarts for example. Similarly the Hog's Head doesn't necessarily have to come with OotP figures.

11 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

I can’t remember if Clock Tower has two variants of Harry, Herimone and Ron (Yule Ball and schoool attires)?

It does not. They are duplicated in the Advent's Calendar though.

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Shrieking Shack isn't necessarily PoA-specific, it was Voldemorts headquarters during the Battle of Hogwarts for example. Similarly the Hog's Head doesn't necessarily have to come with OotP figures.

I completely forgot about Voldemort’s headquarter in that Shrieking Shack. Thanks. 

2 minutes ago, Salix said:

It does not. They are duplicated in the Advent's Calendar though.

True, thanks. 

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

Some (or all!) of the Troll in the Bathroom, Norbert, Proper Crookshanks, the Grim and Mere people/Grindylows are exciting possibilities. 

Agreed :thumbup: A set with the troll in the bathroom is the only iconic thing currently missing from PS (and arguably CoS as well), besides the first version of Hagrid’s Hut that is. Speaking of which: Include Norbert(a) & Fang and a lot of people who already own the PoA version would buy that one too. I know I would :laugh:

A proper Crookshanks plus the Grim would be ideal to include in a Shrieking Shack set and merepeople and/or grindylows would be the perfect addition to a set based on the second task :classic:

Putting all of the above together would make for a great wave. Add an OotP set, sprinkle in a few DH characters in CMF S3 and honestly, I‘m all set :drool:

4 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The Shrieking Shack isn't necessarily PoA-specific, it was Voldemorts headquarters during the Battle of Hogwarts for example.

Only in the book though :tongue:

I think we already know we won't get a DH wave next year, but I at least hope they incorporate one or two sets...

I'd love them to go mostly beyond PS and CoS next year tho, I'd love more GoF sets.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I think we already know we won't get a DH wave next year, but I at least hope they incorporate one or two sets...

You mean for your hand‘s sake? :devil: I admit it though, the joke has run a bit thin now :grin:

6 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd love them to go mostly beyond PS and CoS next year tho, I'd love more GoF sets.

Well, they pretty much have to, unless they want to release nothing but remakes. The good thing about abandoning the 2-films-per-year structure is that we might get sets across the entire franchise in a single wave :classic: I just hope they manage to find a good balance between remakes and new stuff, like they did this year

10 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I agree with all of this, more GoF sets would be amazing, and at least a couple DH sets (even though a full wave would obviously be preferable but seems unlikely at this point)

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I'd love them to go mostly beyond PS and CoS next year tho, I'd love more GoF sets

I’d love to seem some more GoF sets as well. We’ve still got the other two challenges plus the Drumstrang ship. I wonder if they might even do the tent from the Quidditch World Cup.

While a set based on the second task is high on my list as well, I‘d rather they give OotP some love too :tongue: GoF has been represented very well, but OotP only got a measly two sets thus far (plus the original set back in 2007), and pretty small ones at that. HBP also only has two, but those are at least a lot more substantial

22 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

You mean for your hand‘s sake? :devil: I admit it though, the joke has run a bit thin now :grin:

Well, they pretty much have to, unless they want to release nothing but remakes. The good thing about abandoning the 2-films-per-year structure is that we might get sets across the entire franchise in a single wave :classic: I just hope they manage to find a good balance between remakes and new stuff, like they did this year

I don't remember if I swore on my hand that we'll get a whole DH wave? I think I did, the future doesn't look too bright for me :tongue:

I also love the idea of abandoning a 2-movies-per-year structure. It allows for more creativity, and doesn't bind the designers who might have ideas for sets based on various movies.

23 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I agree with all of this, more GoF sets would be amazing, and at least a couple DH sets (even though a full wave would obviously be preferable but seems unlikely at this point)

Personally, I think throwing in a tent set based on DH P1, and for example a Hogwarts expansion or two based on DH P2 would be enough for me.

They could release more in the coming years, but that would fill my appetite for now.

24 minutes ago, Tariq j said:

I’d love to seem some more GoF sets as well. We’ve still got the other two challenges plus the Drumstrang ship. I wonder if they might even do the tent from the Quidditch World Cup.

Quidditch set with Malfoys and Quidditch players, and main characters in their World Cup celebration costumes. Tent set with Death Eaters and main characters, maybe some MoM people. 2nd challenge (it's pretty hard to choose minifies for that one).3rd challenge with main contenders and a small labyrinth. Durmstrang Ship. And then they could do various random Hogwarts expansions, like Moody's class or whatever.

GoF would guarantee a whole wave, so I hope they incorporate at least some of those ideas (especially the 2nd challenge).

23 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

While a set based on the second task is high on my list as well, I‘d rather they give OotP some love too :tongue: GoF has been represented very well, but OotP only got a measly two sets thus far (plus the original set back in 2007), and pretty small ones at that. HBP also only has two, but those are at least a lot more substantial

I absolutely hated how last year they distributed those two movies. OoTP got 2 sets, for 20€ and 30€, while HBP also got 2 sets, but both were 100€. 

I mean like what the hell, that's terrible, the price ratio was 1:4. HBP is my favourite book (and funnily enough my least favourite movie), but I don't want to get a 100€ set, so I ended up with 2 OoTP sets. Which by the way were amazing. They could've switched the Hogwarts expansions - the Astronomy Tower would still be the same, but with DA rooms and without Slughorn's party elements, while the 20€ could be whatever (Inferni cave would be dope).

Those movies also still have a lot of set potential - MoM from OoTP, Inferni cave, Grimmauld Place (wouldn't have to be a huge modular set) etc. Most of the time they are set in the Castle tho, so that's where most of the potential lies.

I’m not a fan of brick-buildable creatures like Basilsik or Argorg or Fluffy. They are just…ok ok. 

i would hope to see the Troll mold but of course it won’t happen. 

That’s all I had to say. 

2 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

2 hours ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Only in the book though :tongue:

Well, I think BrickBob stands corrected. :oh3:

On 8/26/2021 at 3:38 PM, Xenophilius said:

Especially if you don't already have the earlier version of the Burrow, I'd put the new Burrow at the top of your list of things to get. The Burrow is an iconic location that plays a prominent role in multiple books. This set features numerous important minifigs that were not in other recent sets. And the angled design makes the Burrow an interesting build, with good play features too.

I have the old Burrow (2010). Can anyone say whether the newer set is a major upgrade? Thanks.

2 minutes ago, SDT said:

I have the old Burrow (2010). Can anyone say whether the newer set is a major upgrade? Thanks.

I own Both,I think the 2020 Version is an Upgrade Set Wise,but the Figures in the Older one Trump it.

Personally I hope in 3-4 Years when we get a New Burrow it's Based off CoS.With a New Ford and Ginny and Molly.Maybe Arthur's Shed too.

Edited by Scuhro52

On 2/17/2021 at 10:02 AM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

If we don't get them next summer, I promise I'll literally eat my hand. Scout honour :laugh_hard:

Hm, so one DH set would technically suffice to save your hand :laugh: Better keep your fingers crossed as long as you're still able to :devil:

23 minutes ago, SDT said:

It definitely is. The old one was great, but the 2020 version simply wipes the floor with it :classic: It's gorgeous, a joy to put together, looks impressive on display, and is a lot more accurate 

Edited by BrickBob Studpants

3 minutes ago, BrickBob Studpants said:

Hm, so one DH set would technically suffice to save your hand :laugh: Better keep your fingers crossed as long as you're still able to :devil:

Damn, good to know *huh*

I won't lose hope just yet :cry_happy:

24 minutes ago, SDT said:

Imo it's a huge upgrade in almost every way possible. This is the set that shows how much Lego has changed in just 10 years.

21 minutes ago, Scuhro52 said:

With a New Ford

Ugh, no more Fords. :laugh:

A lot of people have mentioned wanting either the tent from Bill's & Fleur's wedding or the Quidditch World Cup. Has there ever been a tent set you guys have liked that would serve as an example?

3 minutes ago, krimimimi said:

Ugh, no more Fords. :laugh:

I think the Reason Lego keeps going back to it is Because Harry Potter doesn't have the Vehicles that something like Star Wars or Ninjago Has.

Plus in like 3 Years when we get a New Burrow it will be about Time for an Updated Car.

Hogswarts Icons is delayed until 15th of September for USA, Canada and Mexico but will be available from 2nd of September everywhere else. A preorder will be opened up on shop@home for affected countries 

11 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Hogswarts Icons is delayed until 15th of September for USA, Canada and Mexico but will be available from 2nd of September everywhere else. A preorder will be opened up on shop@home for affected countries 

Oh No Anyway GIF - Oh No Anyway - Discover & Share GIFs

8 hours ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'd welcome a new Hogwarts Express + Hogsmeade Station set with open arms but I'd prefer if it weren't motorized as I (and I imagine a lot of other people) simply don't have the room for the motorization to be of any use and those motors are ridiculously expensive. A new HE should definitely be designed in a way that allows for easy motorization but if they put it in by default the set will be an instant skip for me.

I'd be happy with an unmotorized version of HE if they at least included the instructions to add a motor like they did with the Winter Village Train a few years back.  I do have the parts for that or the ones they included with the Disney Train.  They cheaped out by not bothering to make the last HE capable of being motorized easily with official instructions.  I've got plenty of track so I don't need that included in the set either.

58 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

Good to know, thanks for giving North American folks some head-up. 

however, I have no interest in buying that Hogwarts Icon anyways.