Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

15 minutes ago, Roebuck said:

I bit the bullet this morning and ordered DA to get the sailboat GWP :tongue:

An amazing set, you'll have no regrets.

18 hours ago, L4t2901 said:

I'm trying to make some custom death eaters based off jim kays artwork but struggling to find torsos that work. Anyone have any ideas. 

Screenshot_20210731-212030_Gallery.jpg

Take a look at Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren. I think some of their torsos might work.

Edited by Sakuragi16

11 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Good choice. A nice little GWP (even if not HP) and you won't be disappointed with DA. :classic:

Diagon Alley is on the ‘wish I could build this again’ list.

What a fun build! Resist rushing it. There is so much to enjoy.👍

6 hours ago, Sakuragi16 said:

Take a look at Kylo Ren and the Knights of Ren. I think some of their torsos might work.

I'll check it out thanks 

Not sure if this is already discussed but does anyone know when “Herimone’s Study” polybag will be released? 

19 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Great choice!! You will LOVE Diagon Alley when it’s done! :) and no regret getting that GWP at all!

Now that I finally got my hands on First Flying Lesson I’m thinking of where to put it among the 2018-2020 sets since it was clearly built for that. I noticed Hooch’s cape isn’t the spongy one...wonder why they went away from that? I liked those better. Cool set though, I really like the Rememberall. 

And I went 1 for 2 on the cards. Ollivander & yet another Bott...

Edited by Vindicare

pics of the hogwarts icons set are out - golden dumbledore, golden mcgon AND gold hagrid !!!

I'll just say what I've been thinking for a while: throwing a few random objects together doesn't make for a good set. Hard and extremely easy pass.

For what it is - the set is excellent IMO. The Hedwig build is beautiful, and all together it'll look awesome on a shelf. Obviously it'll be controversial but I understand why they went with this set, and I bet it'll actually sell decently well.

I actually like it. The buildable chocolate frog card is an object, I thought was likely to be included because that way we could get the remaining golden figures

Its even worse than I thought. It is just big Hedwig standing on some random books and stuff, like what is the point of this set? I mean it looks nice but it is completely unnecessary set and waste of D2C spot which could have been something comparable to SW cantine or Marvels Daily Bugle.

Edited by Textorix

I think the set actually looks beautiful. I would much rather get locations with minifigures since for me, that’s what I want from this theme. But this set, although timed badly in my opinion, and not what I would say the majority of us wanted this year, looks really good from the perspective of any hardcore HP fan, and will probably eventually make it into my collection

17 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

I'll just say what I've been thinking for a while: throwing a few random objects together doesn't make for a good set. Hard and extremely easy pass.

This.

Just now, Textorix said:

Lol its even worse than I thought. It is just big Hedwig standing on some random books and stuff, like what is the point of this set? I mean it looks nice but it is completely unnecessary set and waste of D2C spot which could have been something comparable to SW cantine or Marvels Daily Bugle.

You could say that was what DA was last year, although the minifigures were not as plentiful as they should have been in that set

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I mean it looks nice but it is completely unnecessary set and waste of D2C spot

Completely agree with this. 

2 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

You could say that was what DA was last year, although the minifigures were not as plentiful as they should have been in that set

Yeah minifigures were quite weak in DA set but still it set the bar really high for other D2C HP sets which is why I am disappointed by this one

Edited by Textorix

Just now, lego_guyon02 said:

Completely agree with this. 

It’s definitely unnecessary. It does look good though. Again, I just think it was timed really badly. They put this out right as there is a high demand for location based minifigure sets and now people just aren’t as excited for the theme anymore, and I think that’s the problem more than anything else. 

Immediate thoughts:

• It does look good, but I'm not sure why this set was considered necessary when they had managed to make a decent Hedwig for considerably less. Did lots of people go on the feedback and request a giant Hedwig model? Something tells me not.
  • No 'normal' minifigures. This is a relief as I won't have to source the figures when I don't want the build, but also ...
  • They had to go and include three golden figures didn't they. They sure know how to get people to buy sets they don't really want the builds for just to get exclusive figures. You can bet that Chocolate Frog stand will go for ridiculous prices on the secondary market.
  • If it wasn't for the fact that the golden minifigures are in the set, I wouldn't really mind. Yes I'm annoyed the D2C isn't Gringotts, but I can see some people loving this. It looks like some very good builds, I just don't like the obvious marketing of putting the golden figures into the set for two reasons. One) minifigure collectors, like a lot of us, will have to either buy a set we don't want or source the figs for probably extortionate prices, and Two) When you think that a lot of kids will have picked up the 'regular' sets and started a golden figure collection, how many of them are going to be able to get this and finish it? If they didn't think the set could sell without the figures then the set shouldn't exist. The figures are a definite and clearly marketed part of the 2021 regular sets so the golden figures should have stayed in those sets in my opinion.
  • I really hope that the bottles, and especially the letter, are printed and not stickers.
  • Black box again. Seriously not all adults exist in a black void.
Edited by BacktoBricks

I can already see these 3 golden minifigures go for like 20+ bucks each on BL... I am gonna get them anyways but it will hurt my wallet, not so much as buying whole set tho :D