Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

While I mainly only collect system-scale (minifig) sets, I have the D2C Hogwarts and Hedwig and they both are fantastic sets. I am sure they are bestsellers so why would not Lego give us more of the same. Even if I am lukewarm to the news about the August wave I am sure the sets will look great and sell a lot. I hope we will get DA expansions sooner than later, because the longer they wait the greater the chance is that next time we get a DA based set it has nothing to do with the scale of the D2C :def_shrug:

Talking about non system-scale sets, I have not got the art set since I think the individual ones do not look good enough and it is not so tempting to buy 4, however this ones are excellent:
https://www.brickfanatics.com/rebuild-lego-art-31201-harry-potter-hogwarts-crests-with-alternate-instructions/

23 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Stonewars.

But you know that they are probably referring to the info that falconfan added around the 22th of march, that the rest of the sets are probably buildable things. A few days after that, the info about chess changed to the 76392, but the rumour was still up that the rest are buildable things and the info that was probably for the 76395 or the 76394 is now the 76391. So the source now refers to the source itself or not?^^

My favourite Set in the June wave will be Hogsmeade.

But i am still waiting for shrieking shack,Durmstrang Ship and a Hogsmeade train Station.

Let's see what the future will bring.

48 minutes ago, Xcube said:

But you know that they are probably referring to the info that falconfan added around the 22th of march, that the rest of the sets are probably buildable things. A few days after that, the info about chess changed to the 76392, but the rumour was still up that the rest are buildable things and the info that was probably for the 76395 or the 76394 is now the 76391. So the source now refers to the source itself or not?^^

StoneWars are a reliable source. They wouldn't make a far-fetched assumption like this.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

StoneWars are a reliable source. They wouldn't make a far-fetched assumption like this.

Well, they did have this to say by way of clarification in this thread:

20 hours ago, StoneWarsDE said:

Just wanted to clarify: The information about the BrickHeadz is not from us. We linked to an article from Dylan Chow/Bricksjoy who reported about these. The article shouldn't contain any new substantial information that wasn't already discussed somewhere else. So please take everything (apart from the things that are already "known") with a huge grain of salt.

19 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

Thank you for quoting that comment. Now I'm sure that they just summarized every info and didn't really added anything new. I know that StoneWars is a reliable source, especially after last year thing with the Cantina. Everyone was talking about the shuttle, but they said it's the Cantina. I have still my hopes, that this year something similar happen :)

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Yeah I mean it's a rumour, they haven't actually seen the set so they could describe it. 

They have been always right in the past, so I see no reason not to to trust them. Other reliable leakers like FF also reposted this, so for now it seems to be true.

I still hope in this case they will be wrong, which doesnt mean I dont trust them its just that I hope that maybe they misunderstood information from their source or maybe their source did. They all (including Falconfan) thought that D2C is chess set, so they can be wrong sometimes too. 

Edited by Textorix

3 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I still hope in this case they will be wrong, which doesnt mean I dont trust them its just that I hope that maybe they misunderstood information from their source or maybe their source did. They all (including Falconfan) thought that D2C is chess set, so they can be wrong sometimes too. 

i hope not because this way i wont have to buy the d2c and thats perfect

34 minutes ago, Juve said:

i hope not because this way i wont have to buy the d2c and thats perfect

Perfect in a way of saving money but it doesnt satisfy my high expectations for this year. Its bittersweet feeling when you are happy to save so much money but at the same time there is nothing for you to buy from new august sets. I wish there were more sets like Hogsmeade, meaning locations which we havent got as a set yet with a build quality and movie accuracy matching 2018-2020 sets.

Edited by Textorix

1 hour ago, Textorix said:

Perfect in a way of saving money but it doesnt satisfy my high expectations for this year. Its bittersweet feeling when you are happy to save so much money but at the same time there is nothing for you to buy from new august sets. I wish there were more sets like Hogsmeade, meaning locations which we havent got as a set yet with a build quality and movie accuracy matching 2018-2020 sets.

The only other set that qualifies to that description is the chess set.

I don't like how the other sets are either unfitting Hogwarts expansions (the bathroom looks the most fitting with 18-20 sets as it doesn't have a green roof or rock foundation), or buildable gimmicks like creatures, things or statues.

3 hours ago, Textorix said:

Maybe you should look at MOCs, there are some brilliant ones out there including Diagon Alley expansions with crazy good quality stickers and what not to add on. I've also seen Hogsmeades, Hogwarts expansions and so much more. 

I also look at customising my own figures with other official pieces, so far I have fixed up all of my Ginny's with her CMF face, made a Cho Chang with accurate skintone (Rose Tico head), Charlie Weasley with pieces from the Jurassic World (Chris Pratts characters' clothes, dark orange longish hair, a brown cloak), a HBP Hogwarts Uniform Ron, Uniformed older Ginny and Lavender (Hermiones cardigan), accurate HBP Tonks (Qi'ra hair), Arthur and Molly upgrades (Arthur w/ James Potters' scarf and green cloak, Molly with a red cloak to sort of symbolish her red cardigan/cloak from Battle of Hogwarts). Also using random Gryffindor robes from the CMF and other sets I have made PoA Seamus to go with the trio + Neville + Dean. 

I've got plans for Tonks using Scarlet Witch from AoU as a base, entire Gryffindor Quidditch Team and will probably make the other teams too if I get bored. Seen plenty online for Aberforth, other students, and the Hogwarts ghosts and Peeves. It's keeping the magic alive for me to be honest.

Edited by drewdotexe

10 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

Maybe you should look at MOCs, there are some brilliant ones out there including Diagon Alley expansions with crazy good quality stickers and what not to add on. I've also seen Hogsmeades, Hogwarts expansions and so much more. 

I know what do you mean, most of these great MOCs are made by JL Bricks but the problem is even though they are perfect they are very expansive to make because you have to buy those parts from BL which is almost always more expansive than buying set from Lego. My favorite of these MOCs is Leaky Cauldron, I really wish Lego will make something like this.

52SnFSj.pngmEYQo30.png

8 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Do we know anything about D2C set so far?

I think at this point the only sure details are it will be $249.99 and will be made of Lego parts and be themed to Harry Potter.  Honestly the only insta hashtag I believe right now is really true lego leaks.  It's pretty funny.

Where do yall find all the customs? I follow Jl.bricks and I love his sets, but I do not see where everyone sees the Hogwarts and minifigure mocs. Can someone point me in the right direction?

33 minutes ago, karrit said:

I think at this point the only sure details are it will be $249.99 and will be made of Lego parts and be themed to Harry Potter.  Honestly the only insta hashtag I believe right now is really true lego leaks.  It's pretty funny.

Haha, gotcha! Well, it looks like we don’t know what HP D2c would be yet then!

38 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

Where do yall find all the customs? I follow Jl.bricks and I love his sets, but I do not see where everyone sees the Hogwarts and minifigure mocs. Can someone point me in the right direction?

We havent talked about Hogwarts MOCs. JL Bricks mainly focuses on DA but he also did Azkaban, Grimauld Place, Kings Cross, Hogsmeade station and more. I dont know what Hogwarts MOCs are you talking about but I saw some on Rebrickable.

Edited by Textorix

4 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

It's rumoured to be a collection of buildable objects, but we don't know for sure yet :shrug_oh_well:

28 minutes ago, DocStrange said:

Rebrickable or Instagram, I follow the likes of ScarletPatronus and jl.bricks and they frequently tag other creators and I have seen a lot that way. 

I also just google or youtube harry potter MOCs, theres even a thread on this forum called Custom Harry Potter MOCs or something similar with ideas. Blockwarts.org is another great site. I think firestartoys had some relevant blog posts too. 

59 minutes ago, Textorix said:

I know what do you mean, most of these great MOCs are made by JL Bricks but the problem is even though they are perfect they are very expansive to make because you have to buy those parts from BL which is almost always more expansive than buying set from Lego. My favorite of these MOCs is Leaky Cauldron, I really wish Lego will make something like this.

This is true, I am building ScarletPatronus' expansions because they could be mistaken for genuine DA expansions. Unfortunately buying bricks is expensive. Each building is divided into 4 "manuals" (the instructions come in a large pdf) and so I'm buying the manuals and stickers upfront and then building a manual every month or so as the cost of bricks can get high on BrickLink. 

The Leaky Cauldron is fabulous. I am half expecting SP to release their take on it and then I will decide which version to go with!

15 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Yeah I dont think collection of buildable objects romour is true even though Falconfan and orhers have shared it. It just seems very dumb to go from huge Hogwarts castle and georgeous Diagon Alley to something as boring as buildable items 

9 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

This is true, I am building ScarletPatronus' expansions because they could be mistaken for genuine DA expansions. Unfortunately buying bricks is expensive. Each building is divided into 4 "manuals" (the instructions come in a large pdf) and so I'm buying the manuals and stickers upfront and then building a manual every month or so as the cost of bricks can get high on BrickLink. 

The Leaky Cauldron is fabulous. I am half expecting SP to release their take on it and then I will decide which version to go with!

ScarletPatronus has amazing Hogsmeade MOCs. I might buy some of them to complete Hogsmeade anniversary set.

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Yeah I dont think its rumoured collection of buildable objects even though Falconfan and orhers have shared it. It just seems very dumb to go from huge Hogwarts castle and georgeous Diagon Alley to something as boring as buildable items 

ScarletPatronus has amazing Hogsmeade MOCs. I might buy some of them to complete Hogsmeade anniversary set.

I'm doing the same but come winter to get a proper Hogsmeade-ish atmosphere (not sure why they didn't save Hogsmeade for a Christmas release!) Again this may be a mix and match, I have seen several Three Broomsticks on Rebrickable and I want the pub to really pop in a Hogsmeade display, can't wait to see what Lego do with it.

44 minutes ago, drewdotexe said:

I have seen several Three Broomsticks on Rebrickable and I want the pub to really pop in a Hogsmeade display, can't wait to see what Lego do with it.

Have you not seen leaked prelim picture of Hogsmeade set?

16 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Have you not seen leaked prelim picture of Hogsmeade set?

I have but I just meant in proper HD and being able to see the interior etc.