Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Seems to be. Also, since you brought up the topic, before they changed servers, when someone made a comment it would automatically load if you pressed the pop up at the bottom of the page that says something like '+2 replies'. But since the server change, I have to refresh my page to get the new comments to load. Has anybody else found this? Extremely minor first world problem I know, but it is annoying and means the feature isn't working properly for some reason. I'm working on Windows 10 and Chrome.

Same problem here. Before the server change everything seemed to be running smoothly but ever since that change went through the site's functionality has been pretty unreliable.

So now since our expectations towards D2C set are no longer limited by any hints about it being disappointing what do we expect it to be? I think its almost safe to say its not something brickbuild as we already have 2 brickbuild sets in this wave and I believe Lego HP team is smart enough to not waste $250 set spot for something like that. So yeah obvious guess is Gringotts, I would give it 50% chance now. But some sort of Hogwarts expansion, different Diagon Alley buildings (Borgin and Burkes, Leaky Cauldron) or even motorized Hogwarts Express are still in the game. Cant really think of something else. Like many people mentioned Ministry of Magic, but that is just not realistic for this scale to work. Grimmauld Place and Malfoy mannor are also better options for smaller $100 sets. 

Edited by Textorix

20 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Same problem here. Before the server change everything seemed to be running smoothly but ever since that change went through the site's functionality has been pretty unreliable.

Thanks. Good to know ... Although not good clearly. :sceptic:

14 hours ago, Brick Clicker said:

How would everyone feel if the D2C wasn't actually a chess set...

Depends on what it is instead, a DA set yes, the sock(would never happen anyway) not so much :wink:

13 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Man changes are a coming 

Nice one :thumbup:

13 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

the Quidditch set is back on the menu, boys :sick:

Good one :thumbup:

13 hours ago, sebastian666 said:

His answer when asked about Gringott’s in that Live event was so telling.

Do anyone know where I can see this now :wacko:

13 hours ago, bluedog1111 said:

Did some idiot on YouTube get all their followers to ask Lego to change the chess set plans?

That is not how things work :hmpf:

13 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

To be honest, a £250 chess set always seemed too expensive to me. How many pieces would that be? It certainly wouldn't work as the chess set the trio get through in PS, because the castle as a whole would have to be HUGE to accommodate it.

They have done it before and around 2292 parts :tongue:
852293-1.jpg?200803020307

12 hours ago, Alexandrina said:

If the chess set's not huge-scale, does that bode well for castle-related parts?

No, not for the horses at least, 4 horses in a 60$ set :sceptic: Even if that would be the best looking part with Ron on..

12 hours ago, Just_a_brick said:

If we were to get Gringotts this year then it possible that it will be based on SS/PS to fit more with the anniversary sets. 

Probably, but then it must include other buildings for that price, the more the merrier. I would probably be even more happy with other DA buildings and not Gringotts, because then we would get more of the street and guaranteed to get the bank later anyway.. Even if I hope for a DA set other sets like the ministry of magic are just as likely, however if it is minifig-scale I am happy..

10 hours ago, Textorix said:

So if Guyon and Falconfan dont know what D2C set is then who is gonna tell us?

Lego in a few months :laugh:

Just a curiosity, people who suggest a 250$ set based on Gringott, what do they expect?

Only Gringott (but wouldn't it be a too much big building compared to Diagon Alley shops?), Gringott plus dragon or Gringott plus an other building like Leaky Cauldron or Borgin and Burkes or other shop?

31 minutes ago, Textorix said:

So now since our expectations towards D2C set are no longer limited by any hints about it being disappointing what do we expect it to be?

Making some consideration, obviously not necessarily true, like: D2C is a playset set; D2C celebrates the original waves (2001-2002); D2C represents something really iconical...

... I can think only to:
- Hogwarts Express;
- PS Gringotts (maybe with Leaky Cauldron);
- Quidditch Pitch.

Considering that my basic assumption could likely be wrong, I think that Lego will surprise me. I hope in a positive way, but I was already happy with June set (and recent leaks increased my pleasure).

What I really hope, but this is a common opinion I suppose, is that whatever Lego produces it will be a tremendous, horrible set or a must have set :laugh:

Edited by BrickMatit

Hi everyone! Decided to share my thoughts after a long hiatus. 

A real roller coaster of emotions regarding the D2C. I certainly hope that it's Gringotts because the Diagon Alley looks a bit unfinished on my desk :'D.

1 minute ago, BrickMatit said:

Just a curiosity, people who suggest a 250$ set based on Gringott, what do they expect?

Since this wave is focusing on the first two films (except for Hogsmeade, odd), I reckon Gringotts would based on Philosopher's stone. So no Ironbelly; therefore, more room for the buildings. Although I think a large Gringotts could warrant that price tag if it included some of the underground parts, I think the hypothetical set would have to have an additional building. And I reckon the most likely would be Leaky Cauldron since it's the most iconic "DA building" we haven't got yet. Yes, it's a pub, but Lego is also releasing Three Broomsticks in June, so...

As for the chess set: Glad it's not the D2C (unless it ends up being Dobby's sock). It would be weird if the chess board isn't complete. As someone mentioned earlier, chess is very hip right now due to the success of Queen's Gambit. It would be a missed opportunity, if they only included a fraction of the board in favour of fitting other challenges in the same set. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think you guys are a bit quick to dismiss Falconfan's "I'll eat a hat if it's Gringotts" comment.

Oh bother... Well, hats could be Falconfan's delicacy, certainly an acquired taste.

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I think you guys are a bit quick to dismiss Falconfan's "I'll eat a hat if it's Gringotts" comment.

If you have reliable information share it, otherwise you can admit that you know as much as the rest of us - which is nada

4 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

If you have reliable information share it, otherwise you can admit that you know as much as the rest of us - which is nada

1. I don't owe you anything, a comment like this isn't going to make me share any info I may have at any given time.
2. I already said I don't know what the D2C is, so has Brick Clicker. Try reading, it's not that hard.
3. Falconfan wouldn't have said what he said if he didn't have a clue what he was talking about.

On 3/19/2021 at 8:38 PM, sebastian666 said:

Just watched the LEGO Live event with Marcos...

I think the question about Gringott’s and Marcos’ answer were very telling... I had pretty much given up all hope that we would be getting a Gringott’s set this year based on the leaks and the feedback we received from our friends with insider info.

However, the fact that LEGO chose to bring that question live (and that it came from a manager of a LEGO store) means that they wanted that information out there. Marcos’ face lit up with joy when he was asked about Gringott’s - and even though his answer was funny and evasive - it looked like a subject he was very excited about.

I’m keeping the faith for Gringott’s in 2021!

⬆️ this was my post after watching Marcos Bessa’s interview last weekend, and these were Falconfan and Guyon’s responses ⬇️.

On 3/19/2021 at 10:43 PM, Falconfan1414 said:

If there is a gringotts in 2021, I’ll eat my hat

On 3/20/2021 at 3:55 AM, Guyon2002 said:

Well...

Falconfan, I’m praying I have an opportunity to prove you wrong but I’ll be sending you one of those chocolate sorting hats cuz I still have love for you :laugh_hard:

Guyon, this response made me scratch my head because I read “well...” as: Guyon has more info on Gringott’s that will be coming out eventually... Is it true? Did you have an idea that the chances for Gringott’s were still there?

I know it’s still not confirmed, but I am keeping the faith as I said originally. Gringott’s 2021.

1 minute ago, sebastian666 said:

Guyon, this response made me scratch my head because I read “well...” as: Guyon has more info on Gringott’s that will be coming out eventually... Is it true? Did you have an idea that the chances for Gringott’s were still there?

You were expressing your hopes for the D2C to be Gringotts and "well..." simply meant that the D2C wouldn't be Gringotts based on the information that was available at the time, which was backed up by many reliable sources and leakers. The info eventually turned out to be somewhat wrong of course (probably due to some kind of miscommunication by one of the original sources) so that's why the comment doesn't make much sense now. 

Conspiracy theory time.

Scrap that. Don't want this to turn into talk about sources again.

Edited by RichardGoring

Considering with $400 price we got 4 buildings in Diagon Alley I think for $250 we could get Gringotts and one smaller building which could be Leaky Cauldron if its based on PS

2 minutes ago, deskp said:

Im sitting here hoping for that Durmstrang ship again.

Considering that Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) is $199,-, I can not see just a Durmstrang ship for $250,- 

3 minutes ago, deskp said:

Im sitting here hoping for that Durmstrang ship again.

Next year maybe. It would be great to get Igor Karkaroff minifigure with it.

1 minute ago, mark1991t said:

Considering that Pirates of Barracuda Bay (21322) is $199,-, I can not see just a Durmstrang ship for $250,- 

If we get one, it will be $100 set at max, but more likely $70

2 minutes ago, mark1991t said:

it does have 2545 pieces though.   And Durmstrang is a bit more ornate of a ship.

Edited by deskp

1 minute ago, deskp said:

it does have 2545 pieces though.   And Durmstrang is a bit more ornate of a ship.

Plus a dock and second task. Perfectly possible although I doubt it will be that as much as it would be very cool.

It's funny that people like Brick Clicker are acting like they have sources, but are only copycats.

8 minutes ago, Xcube said:

It's funny that people like Brick Clicker are acting like they have sources, but are only copycats.

I mean we'd still be thinking the chess set was the $250 set if it wasn't for me but that's fine 😊

Personally I'm less concerned with whether Gringotts is coming this year or next (part of me wonders if they didn't want to release it so close to Diagon Alley because of the initial complaints about having to pay extra to complete your Diagon Alley, which seem to have disappeared now but were common last summer), and more with how they could make a Diagon Alley look good from both the inside and outside.

Gringotts is the tallest building of DA, but when you enter the front doors you come into the main atrium. There is nothing you could add on a second floor (above the atrium) because everything else is underground, below the main atrium. So you have a building that is tall from the outside but deep from the inside. I could see it working in two ways: 

1. They exaggerate the front steps which means they could build some vaults underneath the atrium, and then just give it a high ceiling with the chandelier and no second floor. This could have a pull-out cart feature.

2. It opens up/is comprised of two halves - one being the main atrium and one being the underground section. 

17 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

I mean we'd still be thinking the chess set was the $250 set if it wasn't for me but that's fine 😊

Don't worry, you're a fast-growing Lego channel so that breeds jealousy and resentment. You've proven you have access to sources most of us don't. I love your channel and always watch it a couple of times of week. Your channel is where I get all of my non-HP Lego news from. :moar: I wish we would learn more about that Lego HP magazine you reported on a while back, when Lego was asking kids if they'd be interested in it. I know I would be. :blush:

I love Cat-mione! And I am so happy with this awesome plot twist! :laugh:  A 60 euro chess set is something that we *might* buy, so this is super good news. Also, of course, it leaves room for something cooler to be the 250euro set. We have not bough Diagon Alley yet, but would like in the future, so I hope the D2C is Gringotts or at least something Diagon Alley related. That would be amazing!

New owl (propably appears in Chamber of secrets set) and a hatching dragon egg leaked (edit: more likely crocodile egg)

Edited by Metanoios91