Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

As much as this choice disappoints me, I hope we at least get a proper Hufflepuff moments torso, it's the only one we still don't have.

I just think it's lack of respect that they re-launch characters that were released as exclusives, like Slughorn, Umbridge, Hooch and Riddle.
I think it's not only noteworthy because it is "exclusive", but this box is also a way of launching random characters that were not possible to link into sets.
And I think this is bad even for LEGO, an example of that, last year they launched Sprout in series 2 of the minifigures, great I wanted Sprout, then this year they launched Sprout at Hogwarts Moments, as an insignificant variation of clothes that nobody cares. Wouldn't it be more interesting for LEGO to just launch Sprout at Hogwarts Moments, and in Series 2 to have another character?
It would sell more, and still satisfy the public, do you know what it’s called? Lack of planning

Edited by ZeLuiz08

1 minute ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

I just think it's great that they re-launch characters that were released as exclusives, like Slughorn, Umbridge, Hooch and Riddle.
I think it's not only noteworthy because it is "exclusive", but this box is also a way of launching random characters that were not possible to link into sets.
And I think this is bad even for LEGO, an example of that, last year they launched Sprout in series 2 of the minifigures, great I wanted Sprout, then this year they launched Sprout at Hogwarts Moments, as an insignificant variation of clothes that nobody cares. Wouldn't it be more interesting for LEGO to just launch Sprout at Hogwarts Moments, and in Series 2 to have another character?
It would sell more, and still satisfy the public, do you know what it’s called? Lack of planning

That has nothing to do with a lack of planning, CMF budget was needed for her to get that new elaborate hair/hat combo mold she got. They're now just using that piece to it's full potential, creating an admittedly useless variant of the character in the proces.

Moments set merged with 'normal' wave,  guess thats part 1 of the dissapointment. Love that figure though.

Seems some people think Flying class is quiddich class,  Flying class isn't about quiddich .

I wanted to know how difficult it is for entrepreneurs to give people what they want, it's okay to take my money, but at least do what I want.

I wanted to know how difficult it is for entrepreneurs to give people what they want, it's okay to take my money, but at least do what I want.

They don't take your money though. They put a product on the market and you decide wether or not you'll spend your money on it, they're not gonna care wether or not a specific individual likes everything about the set. 

You do realise that not everyone wants the same things, right? :wink:

1 minute ago, Brick Clicker said:

Wasn't there 2 originally rumoured from the source of this. If thats true wonder what the second could be... 

But 76395 is the only 30€ set in this wave we know of :shrug_oh_well:

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

They don't take your money though. They put a product on the market and you decide wether or not you'll spend your money on it, they're not gonna care wether or not a specific individual likes everything about the set. 

I expressed myself badly, I meant that if they want my money because they at least don't give me what I want. Just do a search on the forum, see what people are wanting, see the mocs they do to get an idea. Then they see me with golden minifigures that are absolutely useless? Honestly, I would rather not even see it on sets, wasted space.
Honestly, would anyone miss it if we didn't know what they would do? certainly not.

15 minutes ago, Felkin said:

Honestly, we could get a whole range of Moments sets on the various DADA teachers. Lockhart and the Pixies, Lupin and the Snape-Boggart, Moody and the spiders, Umbridge and the detentions in her office.

Lockhart also has all those brilliant portraits, getting a couple of those at some point, somewhere, would be great. 

Out of interest have we actually received any robed Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs? As far as I can recall Susan Bones came with a standard jumper torso, so did Cho Chang, Luna and Hannah Abbott. Cedric's Tri-wizard outfit is close but at least in my opinion doesn't really count. 

1 minute ago, Ringwraith said:

Out of interest have we actually received any robed Ravenclaws or Hufflepuffs? As far as I can recall Susan Bones came with a standard jumper torso, so did Cho Chang, Luna and Hannah Abbott. Cedric's Tri-wizard outfit is close but at least in my opinion doesn't really count. 

Nope, just jumpers and Quidditch robes. 

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

Nope, just jumpers and Quidditch robes. 

Thought so, it would be nice to get some robed minifigs rather than just force-feeding us the jumper ones 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, so we have a confirmed August set. The same guy who leaked those minfigures reposted this piece of information:

76395 (the 30€ August set) is actually named Hogwarts Moments: Flying Class. It includes Madam Hooch and 2 students.

That is certainly what I'd call disappointing.

I was expecting more of them, but not this year in the normal wave so that is somewhat disappointing yes:hmpf_bad: Should have waited until next winter wave with it :shrug_oh_well:

13 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

It is exactly the opposite; a lot of planning to get most out of every character :devil:

50 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Ominous, as usual :laugh: Please don’t tell me it’s all downhill from here :laugh_hard:

Oh god no. I can accept this one being the worst part of august wave but not the best please.

12 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

You do realise that not everyone wants the same things, right? :wink:

But 76395 is the only 30€ set in this  wave we know of :shrug_oh_well:

Ah yeah haven't looked at the prices in a while. Can anyone confirm or deny if we are just getting 1 hogwarts moments in August? 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Okay, so we have a confirmed August set. The same guy who leaked those minfigures reposted this piece of information:

76395 (the 30€ August set) is actually named Hogwarts Moments: Flying Class. It includes Madam Hooch and 2 students.

Two student minifigures eh? I could imagine them throwing in a Weasley twin with Neville or Angelina/Katie. I guess they could also just use both twins? Does anyone have any opinions on Lego making it realistic to the scene so Neville and Draco or something like that?  

Edited by Ringwraith

18 minutes ago, ZeLuiz08 said:

I expressed myself badly, I meant that if they want my money because they at least don't give me what I want. Just do a search on the forum, see what people are wanting, see the mocs they do to get an idea. Then they see me with golden minifigures that are absolutely useless? Honestly, I would rather not even see it on sets, wasted space.
Honestly, would anyone miss it if we didn't know what they would do? certainly not.

People on this forum are a small minority of people buying those sets - it's mostly kids.

Lego knows what they're doing. Even if we don't like those sets, it's not like they'll never financially recover from this :laugh_hard:

12 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Oh god no. I can accept this one being the worst part of august wave but not the best please.

Considering this set will probably only come with variants of existing characters which have already been made, some of the other sets should at least come with characters we haven't gotten yet? 

Personally the only things I could think I would like would be: a PS Forbidden Forest set, masked Death Eaters, some more magical creatures, Gringotts, or robed Ravenclaw and Hufflepuff figures. 

If none of those things are included this year I will breathe a sigh of relief because I'm already going to get the Chamber of Secrets set and my shelving space is becoming extremely limited :laugh:

I wonder what the side builds in the flying lesson book will be. It takes place outside on a field of grass.

13 minutes ago, Ringwraith said:

Two student minifigures eh? I could imagine them throwing in a Weasley twin with Neville or Angelina/Katie. I guess they could also just use both twins? Does anyone have any opinions on Lego making it realistic to the scene so Neville and Draco or something like that?  

As these books are based around lessons I would say it definitely won't have Quidditch-robed minifigures, it'll just have a couple of the first years in their school robes :wink:

11 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

People on this forum are a small minority of people buying those sets - it's mostly kids.

Yeah but if we talk about D2C set which most of the kids cant afford anyways, keep in mind that even kids wont buy $250 Dobby sock or Chess set so it better be something like Diagon Alley. With cheaper sets it can be anything tho.

Edited by Textorix

1 minute ago, Magnum said:

I wonder what the side builds in the flying lesson book will be. It takes place outside on a field of grass.

I think a Hogwarts tower in the middle where the binding will be and then the flaps on either side will have a flying background

2 minutes ago, Darth Shadowthrone said:

I think a Hogwarts tower in the middle where the binding will be and then the flaps on either side will have a flying background

Yes but I meant the others have tables, chairs, cabinets, plants etc inside the book too. 

3 minutes ago, Magnum said:

If it really is a Moments set, I'd guess the shaping would be similar to the Potions set from January with an arch to fly through, the stickers showing the sky/Hogwarts towers and the Quidditch pitch in the background. The spine would have a torch/spear to Neville/whoever is included to get stuck on.