Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Honest question, would anyone here like, or dare I say prefer, the $250 to be a statue of something ala Yoda/Star Wars head busts?

I don’t think that’s love or hate, I think that’s just hate :laugh:

Edited by Modal

6 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Says the one who is buying the 4+ sets :grin: 

We're used to that sort of nonsense in the SW theme, which is why it doesn't bother me much :tongue: In comparison, I held this reboot of HP on a completely different level, probably on a level I've never held another theme before, not even Middle-Earth. If they break my trust like this, they don't deserve a second chance. It's like finding out your prestige pupil is just as bad as the rest of them :snicker:

Maybe the wave is a tie-in with the vidiyo theme and Harry, Ron and Hermione are joining the Unicorn in the K-PAWP-Genre of the vidiyo app. It's already confirmed that we are getting a (furry) Cat-Hermione and this would certainly shock me

Edited by Metanoios91

4 minutes ago, Modal said:

Honest question, would anyone here like, or dare I say prefer, the $250 to be a statue of something ala Yoda/Star Wars head busts?

Not at $250, but I wouldn’t mind a buildable Dobby. I built Baby Yoda over Christmas and it was a really fun build. Also the library where I first read HP in had a life size Dobby statue, so I’m a bit nostalgic for it. 

12 minutes ago, Modal said:

Yea that is just hate... so that hint could at least confirm we are not getting something like that :laugh:

Edited by Textorix

6 minutes ago, Metanoios91 said:

Maybe the wave is a tie-in with the vidiyo theme and Harry, Ron and Hermione are joining the Unicorn in the K-PAWP-Genre of the vidiyo app. It's already confirmed that we are getting a (furry) Cat-Hermione and this would certainly shock me

Pretty close, it's a 100% accurate life-size set of The Mysterious Ticking Noise :wink:

/s (and no nothing about this is a hint  of some sort)

They like to see us suffer, knowing full well what kind of torture awaits us :devil: Or the wave is so horrible every leaker is afraid of reporting on it for fear of the fans tearing them to shreds :grin:

12 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Pretty close, it's a 100% accurate life-size set of The Mysterious Ticking Noise :wink:

It‘s still better than what we end up getting, isn‘t it :tongue: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

15 minutes ago, RODDY said:

Not at $250, but I wouldn’t mind a buildable Dobby. I built Baby Yoda over Christmas and it was a really fun build. Also the library where I first read HP in had a life size Dobby statue, so I’m a bit nostalgic for it. 

My daughter as a toddler was so afraid of the Dobby at our library that I had to shield her eyes every time we entered or exited the kid section. 😂 Now she is obsessed and would also go for a buildable Dobby.

3 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If you know what they are but aren't willing to tell us then what's the point in taunting people in this thread?

They just cant help themselves... every day they read our speculations, expectations and wishes and probably just cant live with all information they have...it must tear them apart :grin:

5 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

If you know what they are but aren't willing to tell us then what's the point in taunting people in this thread?

Likely so Lego don't clamp down on their source of information, either by cutting them off or by in some way punishing the person who provided their information. I for one would rather have a couple of people who know what's coming and can drop little titbits, having their fun taunting us all in the meantime, than have literally nothing at all until the sets are announced.

As for the prospect that Gringott's won't come: I welcome it. I've never understood people's eagerness to see it, the building is nothing special imo and all the possible figures are things we've seen before (Harry, Ron, Hermione, Hagrid, Bellatrix). I'd much rather get something left-field - perhaps a Riddle House D2C?

12 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

So just because I have info that I'm not allowed to share I can't make an (extremely obvious) joke? Solid logic.

2 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Don't jinx it :laugh:

Wouldn't that imply that the D2C is an anniversary set as well? :wacko:

Is it actually bad? Plus it's anniversary, why not do it, right?

2 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Is it actually bad? Plus it's anniversary, why not do it, right?

Anniversary Gringotts confirmed 

22 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Don’t do that. Don’t give me hope.

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

So just because I have info that I'm not allowed to share I can't make an (extremely obvious) joke? Solid logic.

I think they were referring to the comments like "lowering expectations" and "you'll be shocked", not so much your joke. Think for a lot of people it's just that these comments get them a bit on edge when they don't know what's going on. Not having a go. Just explaining. :-D

I hope something from the June sets leaks soon to get my mind off the horrible aura surrounding the August sets :tongue: I fully expect the latter wave to be the GOT S8 of this theme, so let's enjoy the June sets (GOT S5-6 or so?) before the Kre-O hits the fan :laugh: We desperately need something positive to discuss

2 minutes ago, Textorix said:

Anniversary Gringotts confirmed 

I'd personally like maybe Grimmauld place or even Malfoy manor, which is doubtful I think, but would be good. Gringotts is okay, but I feel like it must cost more than $250

Maybe Ministry of Magic? Would be good

Or Knockturn Alley. I think this one would be perfect, since we even have an enter to Knockturn alley in Diagon Alley set

30 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

Dobby's Sock!...Wizard Swears is also fun. Heck, the entirety of Potter Puppet Pals is great. I showed my daughter them a few years ago and she couldn't stop laughing. I was obsessed with those videos when they came out over a decade ago...

27 minutes ago, BrickFunatic said:

Taunting is the wrong word here. If it wasn’t for things me and guyon have mentioned people would still be thinking we are getting things that we are not getting. Just because we can’t reveal everything doesn’t mean we can help guide people in the right direction 

5 minutes ago, Legofania said:

Grimmauld place, [...] Malfoy manor, [...] Maybe Ministry of Magic? [...] Knockturn Alley.

May I remind you of the following three paraphrased statements: „significantly lower your expectations“, „you’re in for a shock“, and „you‘d be surprised at how bad it could get“ :tongue: 

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I hope something from the June sets leaks soon to get my mind off the horrible aura surrounding the August sets :tongue: I fully expect the latter wave to be the GOT S8 of this theme, so let's enjoy the June sets (GOT S5-6 or so?) before the Kre-O hits the fan :laugh: We desperately need something positive to discuss

The 18+ sets have these dark and sometimes very low contrast instruction pages giving me PTSD and flash backs to the "The Long Night" episode from season 8 every time. It's just blackness for more than an hour... and me trying to figure out what's happening.

I think it's going to end up being something similar to the infamous Attack on Hoth, just with Harry Potter theming.