Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

After checking on the website hoping to order the Hogwarts Moments and finding they were all on back order I did a stock check and found they were all in stock at Sheffield Meadowhall UK .. I’m fortunate enough that it’s only a half hour drive away from me .. so went and picked them up .. managed to get the car freebie and the MBOB .. also picked up a few of the new series 21 CMF’s .. the relised when I got home I’d forgotten to ask for the Beekeeper ?

I’m so excited for this 2021’s wave! 

I may said that a few times but I’m hoping for Gringotts Banks or Knockntum Alley or Hogmeade. Adding Fluffy and Troll, of course. 

Let’s wait for leaks.

Okay first of all, I wish you all a very happy new year full of LEGO! It’s been so fun to be part of this community! 

I made up my mind and I will definitely get the book sets, but once they go on sale. 2020 was the very first year I constantly checked for discounts and it was worth it, never did this as I thought my country would be more stingy with sales, but I guess not :shrug_oh_well: 

In the previous thread Surge asked if the included figures fit in the books.  According to reviews I had read the reviewers had said no.  I just finished building the Transfiguration one and I was able to fit all three figures in the closed book.  I haven't built any of the others yet so I don't know if I'll be able to do the same with all of them.  I couldn't decide which to build first so I decided to do them in numerical order.

I’ve been seeing a lot of people saying they want Knockturn Alley and even many predicting we’ll get it this wave. What exactly are people expecting? Do people here actually believe we’ll see any Knockturn Alley shops other than Borgin & Burke? Seems very unrealistic to me

1 hour ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

I’ve been seeing a lot of people saying they want Knockturn Alley and even many predicting we’ll get it this wave. What exactly are people expecting? Do people here actually believe we’ll see any Knockturn Alley shops other than Borgin & Burke? Seems very unrealistic to me

I agree, the movies only showed Borgin & Burke and a dark alley and from what I remember the books also didn't expand our knowledge on KA much. I also don't really see how such a set would be attached to Diagon Alley so the only thing I can personally see happen is a Borgin & Burkes set roughly the same size as Ollivanders or Flourish and Blotts. 

Does anyone know if the Herbology set has earmuffs as one of the spare parts with the set. Hoping there's a spare or two for my other custom figures. :-)

16 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Unsurprisingly a fairly large amount of MBoM copies have now found their way onto the internet with prices ranging from 50 to 100 euro :facepalm:

I do wonder what makes this set so special that people are willing to pay such a high prices for it....

I know right. I was thinking about getting The Burrow to get the MBoM GWP, then thought to myself - what’s the better deal for me, full price with this freebie or wait for a discount (come on Smyths please discount it eventually lol)? I came to the conclusion the latter was preferable to a GWP that I don’t really care about!

16 hours ago, Roebuck said:

Welcome :classic:

Close to zero online (Lego stores may still have them) since it sold out, but the ice skating GWP was not sold out when its time was up so that may come back later I guess :shrug_oh_well:

I got a nasty surprise last night, the same moment as the GWP was available the Burrow set price increased 15 euro with a lot of other sets that also increased around 10% in Norway:damn: So basically I ended up paying 15-25 euro for the GWP since I could have gotten the set that much cheaper in other shops or at Lego 5 minutes earlier :hmpf:

That’s outrageous, I didn’t know they could do that ?

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I agree, the movies only showed Borgin & Burke and a dark alley and from what I remember the books also didn't expand our knowledge on KA much. I also don't really see how such a set would be attached to Diagon Alley so the only thing I can personally see happen is a Borgin & Burkes set roughly the same size as Ollivanders or Flourish and Blotts. 

I’d quite like that (I seem to remember saying the opposite before And that a stand-alone B&B would be weird, but that was before Gringotts was missing from DA lol). I was always one who was for B&B in DA; this is as I’d love them to stuff a set with tons of random creepy artefacts. I wouldn’t see them doing any other KA shops though.

In fact, we didn’t really have a “dark” set last year did we? closers was Grawp but Grawp is a nice giant

———

Also hey everyone, been a while, hope we’re all doing OK :)

Edited by sammy_zammy

3 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

I can’t see KA being anything more than Borgin & Burke. 

Gringotts is surely a definite as it will connect to DA and has a large role in Deathly Hallows. 

5 hours ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Quite true but i think the dark side of Wizarding Wizard will be cool to build next to Diagon Alley. Just saying :) 

48 minutes ago, DBlegonerd7 said:

Quite true but i think the dark side of Wizarding Wizard will be cool to build next to Diagon Alley. Just saying :) 

Maybe we could have a tiny bit of street, just a short wall that goes round a slight corner, like in the Lego game.

I hope a future Knockturn Alley set includes Mundungus Fletcher, it would suit his character to be hanging round there and it would be a neat way to get him 

A post on IG says the Lovegoods house will be a summer set 

Are we starting with the BS already? Its only the second day of the year...

Just now, Robert8 said:

New year new BS :grin:

Every single one of that persons 'leaks' are bs. The Lovegood house, the Durmstrang ship, Jurassic World being cancelled. Just block that person. 

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

Every single one of that persons 'leaks' are bs. The Lovegood house, the Durmstrang ship, Jurassic World being cancelled. Just block that person. 

I figured. With the delay (at the very least) of toy fairs this year, I suspect we will be getting very little info for a long time. My top wishes this year are for Hogsmeade (although I'd have to sell some items to even likely afford), Shrieking Shack (I have the original but would love an update), and the Chamber of Secrets.

1 hour ago, Guyon2002 said:

I’m still really hoping for a Durmstrang Ship though, not gonna lie

I’d like to see Gringotts andBorgin& Burke’s taking the $250 slot as one set! Each of the DA “modules” are ~$90 (excuse my conversions, I’m English!) so that’s $90 for B&B with the remaining budget left over for a superb Gringotts build + dragon + cart and tracks play feature. Borgin & Burkes is also notable in Half Blood Prince, which would mean that only one set of figures are required for both locations (e.g. characters as they are older). This would also complement WWW nicely ? that’s my hope anyway! 

3 hours ago, Robert8 said:

Lol but I bet if it’s what people want to hear they’ll gain tons of followers. I would say “like a certain someone” but maybe it IS a certain someone, resurfacing under a new alias ?

A new mermaid tail mold leaked few days ago. It's definitely not HP (probably Vidiyo) since it has some ice cream cone print but there is a posobility they will use it in different colour for new Merpeople minifigures. I would love to see a new Durmstrang Ship with some lake task builds. 

11 hours ago, chris6507 said:

Does anyone know if the Herbology set has earmuffs as one of the spare parts with the set. Hoping there's a spare or two for my other custom figures. :-)

there is one. Kind of surprised only one as Neville and Cedric are both in different bags, but its better than none I suppose

14 hours ago, karrit said:

In the previous thread Surge asked if the included figures fit in the books.  According to reviews I had read the reviewers had said no.  I just finished building the Transfiguration one and I was able to fit all three figures in the closed book.  I haven't built any of the others yet so I don't know if I'll be able to do the same with all of them.  I couldn't decide which to build first so I decided to do them in numerical order.

Oooo interesting. Looking at all of them, I almost certain that its the only one that works. I assume you put 2 figs in the arches, but where did you put the third one? specifically cant figure out where McGonagall fits

Edit: Figured it out. closes pretty nice, thought the "roof" part starts to come of after a bit

Edited by Surge

To clarify: although the 'Jurassic World is cancelled' info is definetely fake it's still possible that we're getting the Lovegood house and Durmstrang ship this year. The 'rumors' this person uses as a source are just bs.

3 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I’d like to see Gringotts andBorgin& Burke’s taking the $250 slot as one set! Each of the DA “modules” are ~$90 (excuse my conversions, I’m English!) so that’s $90 for B&B with the remaining budget left over for a superb Gringotts build + dragon + cart and tracks play feature. Borgin & Burkes is also notable in Half Blood Prince, which would mean that only one set of figures are required for both locations (e.g. characters as they are older). This would also complement WWW nicely ? that’s my hope anyway! 

I really like this idea and maybe its possible. I think that only Gringotts for 250 will be really big in compare with rest of the DA. Only one option can be some "After open feature" On the other hand it can looks like "second part of DA" and that looks really really expensive. About lovegood house... please no. This part of story is really boring and specially at the movie

3 hours ago, Scarlet_Patronus said:

While I'd love to get Borgin and Burkes eventually I think it would also be kinda cool to get the Broomsticks store located on the far left of the current street, if you ignore WWW that would give us a 100% accurate LEGO version of the right side of Diagon Alley as seen in Chamber of Secrets. 

I'd want them to reserve at least $50-70 for the Ukranian Ironbelly so it can be the best it can possibly be and we don't get into another Horntail situation. Considering each section of the Diagon Alley D2C is roughly $100 I'd give Gringotts a rough estimate of around $120 and around $50 for the broomsticks store. So in total that would be Gringotts, the broomsticks store and the Ukranian Ironbelly for roughly $220 which would leave a generous amount of budget to go all out on minifigures and give us recolors of Griphooks new headmold, a proper dressprint for Bellatrix and so on. 

36 minutes ago, Surge said:

Oooo interesting. Looking at all of them, I almost certain that its the only one that works. I assume you put 2 figs in the arches, but where did you put the third one? specifically cant figure out where McGonagall fits

Edit: Figured it out. closes pretty nice, thought the "roof" part starts to come of after a bit

I have McGonagall & Hemoine in the Arches & Ron up top with the blackboard.  I have McGonagall facing in to the arch with her arms up and her bottom front is attached to the base.  I'll be building Potions next.