Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Can someone try ultron or vader neck piece with Shuri? I think it'll be a great addition specially she has that part of the printing on her chin. 

2 hours ago, Guyon2002 said:

Could just be me but I'm pretty sure her battle outfit in Endgame is almost exactly the same as the one she wore in BP. Definitely had face dots in both films.

Huh... that's odd. I remembered her having a different outfit for Infinity War and thought it'd have been that outfit when she snapped back in Endgame. Must have blanked on her being snapped back with the BP outfit. I guess she spent her final moments before the snap changing into it?

As a sidenote, I wonder if we'll get her Panther Blasters either this wave or for BP2.

1 minute ago, Scarilian said:

Huh... that's odd. I remembered her having a different outfit for Infinity War and thought it'd have been that outfit when she snapped back in Endgame. Must have blanked on her being snapped back with the BP outfit. I guess she spent her final moments before the snap changing into it?

She was last seen in her orange lab coat, but maybe she did get changed after Corvus attacked. The same should be said for Wasp, who was snapped without her costume. But then again, for Strange to get everyone ready for the portals, they must've had prep time.

1 hour ago, SpiderJazz said:

Can someone try ultron or vader neck piece with Shuri? I think it'll be a great addition specially she has that part of the printing on her chin. 

Pretty sure the Ultron piece would interfere with her hair. Vader's should probably work though

1 hour ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Pretty sure the Ultron piece would interfere with her hair. Vader's should probably work though

Oh okay, thanks pal! Gotta hunt that piece.

Am I crazy to think that Ironman MK 3 will go fully detailed with arm printing? 

I hate the Pepper Potts head from the Rescue figure, they did a fantastic job with her in Ironman 3 Malibu set, though if I have to choose I want a new Obadiah Stane head. 

2 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Oh okay, thanks pal! Gotta hunt that piece.

I hate the Pepper Potts head from the Rescue figure, they did a fantastic job with her in Ironman 3 Malibu set, though if I have to choose I want a new Obadiah Stane head. 

well with Mando, Vader and spider-man getting arm printing in the last year, im sure a iron man fig in this wave will have arm printing. but im leaning towards the endgame iron man getting it. 

New Potts head is definitely needed. I need another mature woman face with more neutral make up. Her iron man 3 fig a red lipstick. Very accurate to the film I might add. impressive.

Edited by BusterNut31

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

It would be neat to have a few of the Hammer Drones, but feel they don't have much appeal as they did not really have interesting scenes other than the introduction and the stand-off, then they got blown up pretty quickly. Would prefer giving us Iron Man helmets for them and just having those be four new variant suits for Iron Man figure collections.

Whiplash Mark 2 was a kinda bland design honestly, it's primarily a variant of the Hammer Army Drone suit with some changes. I'm not particularly interested in a figure of it for the sake of replicating movie scenes when it had about 1 minute 30 seconds of screentime and most of it was maskless. It'd be something to say that I've got all variants of the Iron Man MCU villains, but I doubt it'd be a figure I'd be desperate for. Maybe Lego can make the design more visually appealing, but even with full printing it seems like a difficult task.

You do raise some decent points.  There's definitely a number of potential sets I would like to see from past movies more than the Stark Expo battle, but I was thinking it would be a solid choice to do later on, assuming that the Infinity Saga sets become a standard.  

Though personally, if we got any set from Iron Man 2, I would prefer Stark Expo over the race track battle that is more commonly speculated on.  We already have a good Mark 5 Iron Man that came out not too long ago, so a Whiplash Mark 1 would be the main selling point of such a set, and that version of Whiplash might be better suited to a CMF series where he can get more printing.  Still, with how iconic it is, I could easily see the race track battle being made as a set at a smaller pricepoint, and the otherwise reused/less interesting figures that might be included could allow Whiplash to get more of the minifigure budget devoted to him. 

Iron Man and War Machine's standoff with the Hammer Drones also seems to be a somewhat iconic scene, plus LEGO hasn't made that version of War Machine yet, so I think a Stark Expo set would generate some demand.  Overall, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how the Infinity Saga sets turn out.  If they are a large success and keep going for years to come, practically any noteworthy vehicle/action scene from the MCU could get a shot at being made/remade by LEGO someday. 

6 hours ago, Scarilian said:

I'd guess it would be the trio facing off against Thanos. Scarlet Witch facing off against the Chitauri. Black Panther running through the segment of Avengers Compound towards the van with the Red Gauntlet - Ant-Man microfig would be coming out of a portal in the back of the van ready to take the Gauntlet into the Quantum Realm to get it away from Thanos (Or he's arriving on scene to help)

Shuri only had the specific outfit with face dots during the Black Panther movie, so it'd be mostly based on that I think. Chitauri could just be added for play (An opponent for them to fight) and to sorta tie it in.

It would be neat to have a few of the Hammer Drones, but feel they don't have much appeal as they did not really have interesting scenes other than the introduction and the stand-off, then they got blown up pretty quickly. Would prefer giving us Iron Man helmets for them and just having those be four new variant suits for Iron Man figure collections.

Whiplash Mark 2 was a kinda bland design honestly, it's primarily a variant of the Hammer Army Drone suit with some changes. I'm not particularly interested in a figure of it for the sake of replicating movie scenes when it had about 1 minute 30 seconds of screentime and most of it was maskless. It'd be something to say that I've got all variants of the Iron Man MCU villains, but I doubt it'd be a figure I'd be desperate for. Maybe Lego can make the design more visually appealing, but even with full printing it seems like a difficult task.
dc2q60h-26b85a70-c9d4-4035-a59d-e42ece7c

I like the way u think! Great description of the box art!

50 minutes ago, spiderfan2000 said:

You do raise some decent points.  There's definitely a number of potential sets I would like to see from past movies more than the Stark Expo battle, but I was thinking it would be a solid choice to do later on, assuming that the Infinity Saga sets become a standard.  

Though personally, if we got any set from Iron Man 2, I would prefer Stark Expo over the race track battle that is more commonly speculated on.  We already have a good Mark 5 Iron Man that came out not too long ago, so a Whiplash Mark 1 would be the main selling point of such a set, and that version of Whiplash might be better suited to a CMF series where he can get more printing.  Still, with how iconic it is, I could easily see the race track battle being made as a set at a smaller pricepoint, and the otherwise reused/less interesting figures that might be included could allow Whiplash to get more of the minifigure budget devoted to him. 

Iron Man and War Machine's standoff with the Hammer Drones also seems to be a somewhat iconic scene, plus LEGO hasn't made that version of War Machine yet, so I think a Stark Expo set would generate some demand.  Overall, I suppose we'll just have to wait and see how the Infinity Saga sets turn out.  If they are a large success and keep going for years to come, practically any noteworthy vehicle/action scene from the MCU could get a shot at being made/remade by LEGO someday. 

We definitely need some sets from iron man 2 not to mention we need a black widow from her first mcu appearance!!!! With the navy blue shield body suit.

4 hours ago, SpiderJazz said:

Looking at how many new prints are already needed to make the characters that are coming accurate to LEGO Marvel standards there will definitely be no armprinting on any of them.

1 hour ago, BusterNut31 said:

We definitely need some sets from iron man 2 not to mention we need a black widow from her first mcu appearance!!!! With the navy blue shield body suit.

As a movie that came out before LEGO was able to start making sets for MCU films, it is definitely in need of some sets.  Perhaps we could get sets like these:

Duel of Monaco $19.99 Could include Whiplash Mark 1, Iron Man Mark 5 (repeat), Tony Stark (racing outfit)

Black Widow's Infiltration $19.99 Could include Black Widow, Happy Hogan, 2 Security Guards

Battle at Stark Expo $79.99 Could include Iron Man Mark 6, War Machine Mark 1, Whiplash Mark 2, 4 Hammer Drones, possibly Justin Hammer (the perfect face print already exists for him from the Detroit Steel set)

Have Mark 4 Iron Man be included in a CMF series, and that would cover the movie pretty effectively.

Disney+ set is either WandaVision, this or Loki.

Out of these 3 I hope it's TFaTWS, and that they reveal it on Must-Haves after the series ends.

4 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Disney+ set is either WandaVision, this or Loki.

LEGO's decisions rarely make sense so I wouldn't remove What If? from the list just yet. Based on releasedates the only 2021 shows I really don't see getting a set this year are Ms Marvel and Hawkeye. 

31 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

LEGO's decisions rarely make sense so I wouldn't remove What If? from the list just yet. Based on releasedates the only 2021 shows I really don't see getting a set this year are Ms Marvel and Hawkeye. 

This set releases August 1st as far as we know (I mean it could still end up being a June set), which means that only 3 MCU series are a possibility - Loki ends July 16th, which means that What If...? won't be there in time for August, same as Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye. 

8 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

This set releases August 1st as far as we know (I mean it could still end up being a June set), which means that only 3 MCU series are a possibility - Loki ends July 16th, which means that What If...? won't be there in time for August, same as Ms. Marvel and Hawkeye. 

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Especially if the set pulls a Mandalorian and gives us a set on the first episode. What if could still easily be on the table 

2 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I wouldn’t be so sure of that. Especially if the set pulls a Mandalorian and gives us a set on the first episode. What if could still easily be on the table 

Now that you mention it, the first episode of what if? is about Cap Carter & Steve donning a Hulkbuster-like armor, and the D+ set is marked at $35...

Again, it could be anything, and if Lego is still wanting to play it safe then my proper guess is FATWS, with sets from the other shows coming in 2021 after the noticed the success of Wandavision and the others.

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I don't mean that it's absolutely impossible, but when compared to the other options, it seems much more unlikely for various reasons.

I'm going with FATWS too, even though I really really want a WandaVision one, that show is freaking weird to target the kids the concept itself. I'd hope for Wanda and Agnes CMF slot though. As for the FATWS, trailer alone seems action packed that can be made with lego sets for kids. 

Some of @Falconfan1414's comments leads me to believe that there are some comic/cartoon based sets yet to be revealed. Most of those that we've gotten before were either video game tie-ins, or used the comic variant of characters in movies that Lego did not have the rights to (Fox Marvel & non-MCU Sony). I still expect a comic variant Morbius set to show up eventually, probably based on the 90s Spider-Man cartoon storyline.

However, with What If . . . Lego could do direct scenes, and potentially give us characters, and variants, we'd never expect. Marvel Cartoons have long been more faithful to the actual comics than live action ever could be. I don't expect any set releases that would spoil episodes, so if we get sets for this series, it will be later on. The only potential set I could see being released early would be a small Uatu the Watcher vig, with probably a few classic comic cover printed 2x3 tiles. Those could be original comics of which the What If . . . stories branch off from, or the What If . . . covers themselves. In any event, I hope the cartoon does What If . . . Wolverine Was Lord Of The Vampires, a comic I am very happy to own.

All the previous discussion of all the Iron Man armor variants, and my own comic typing above, has me looking at a Captain America comic that has Steve in his own armor suit because of being paralyzed (April 95). I would love to have Jack Flag, who appears in the comic, as a fig, and Flag Smasher's goons are pretty funny idiots on skis.

I think the August d+ set is Falcon and Winter Soldier, but given the rumor that Scarlet Witch is happening, I believe there are some surprise D+ products in the store for us 

Also, there should be a marvel must haves for today. Interested to see what they reveal

I'd say the best reason it'll be FAWS for the set is because Falcon and Bucky have Endgame outfits, so they would fit in with the "Endgame Battle" wave they're making.

Just now, doclord said:

I'd say the best reason it'll be FAWS for the set is because Falcon and Bucky have Endgame outfits, so they would fit in with the "Endgame Battle" wave they're making.

Both their TFATWS looks are very different from what they looked like in Endgame. 

25 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Never said this

He didn't say you did but okay. He said your comments lead him (not you) to believe that there are some comic/cartoon based sets coming. lol