Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Wasn't sure I was going to, but I ordered a Bugle this morning. It’s too good not to get even though I’m not that into comic sets. I knew I’d regret not getting it down the road

So I have decided I will pass on the set but I will bricklink some minifigures. Some ebay sellers are selling at around 45 USD. Now I know not to take the first selling prices because they will change as time progress but I wanted to ask you guys your opinion. What price should I expect to pay for some of these figures, particularly the new heroes/antiheroes?

2 minutes ago, Leggomyleggo said:

What price should I expect to pay for some of these figures, particularly the new heroes/antiheroes?

Depends on how long you're willing to wait. I had to wait ~1.5 year for it but in late 2020 I was finally able to get the 4 exclusive figures from the Jurassic Park D2C for roughly 45 euro (it's a lot but it used to be so much higher).

I just finished bag 2 and I'm blown away by the newspaper prints. They're so thick and glossy, and were packaged in a separate little bag! I think these are the highest quality prints I've ever seen from LEGO, and I really want to pick up duplicates. 

1 minute ago, Leggomyleggo said:

So I have decided I will pass on the set but I will bricklink some minifigures. Some ebay sellers are selling at around 45 USD. Now I know not to take the first selling prices because they will change as time progress but I wanted to ask you guys your opinion. What price should I expect to pay for some of these figures, particularly the new heroes/antiheroes?

I just took a tour of BrinkLink and bought most of the villains and spider-persons that aren't in this set. What i learned is that prices are not as predictable as one might think. Kraven is ridiculously overpriced in the US for example, but not so bad in Europe. I'd stake my money on Punisher and DareDevil being the most expensive at 25-30$ apiece while the set is available. Those prices will go up though. You never know when future sets might bring a figs price down. Scorpion is less than Kraven because he was available in 2 sets. You can bet Punisher will remain exclusive though.

8 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Depends on how long you're willing to wait. I had to wait ~1.5 year for it but in late 2020 I was finally able to get the 4 exclusive figures from the Jurassic Park D2C for roughly 45 euro (it's a lot but it used to be so much higher).

Good point. I remember I waited a long time to get Red Hulk because I wasn't willing to pay 50$ for him. I eventually got him for 17$.

4 minutes ago, Archer said:

I just took a tour of BrinkLink and bought most of the villains and spider-persons that aren't in this set. What i learned is that prices are not as predictable as one might think. Kraven is ridiculously overpriced in the US for example, but not so bad in Europe. I'd stake my money on Punisher and DareDevil being the most expensive at 25-30$ apiece while the set is available. Those prices will go up though. You never know when future sets might bring a figs price down. Scorpion is less than Kraven because he was available in 2 sets. You can bet Punisher will remain exclusive though.

If the prices aren't bad in Europe that's great but the international shipping will bring things level again. Future sets can bring the price down "IF" they rerelease them. I wonder how exclusive these will remain though. You guys are right though. I'll keep an eye on them through out the next two weeks as people start getting them.

LEGO bricklink shopping is almost like playing the stock market lol.

3 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

City is about 25% finished, but it will be a hybrid DC/Marvel city as it will contain Arkham Island (my next project is about to begin). 

That all sounds awesome, I'd love to see it.

Using the Bugle for the Metlife is a great idea! I can't afford to buy two, but I've mod'd/moc'd an Avengers tower that is about the same size as the Bugle (I think). Just need to add a base of some sort, met life or otherwise, the curved glass side (under the balcony/landing pad) and fill the interior. 

With the teaser of Morbius in Daily Bugle and the film coming out next year, hopefully lego will make a set with Morbius.

13 minutes ago, Dr.Cogg said:

With the teaser of Morbius in Daily Bugle and the film coming out next year, hopefully lego will make a set with Morbius.

Also Aaron Taylor Johnson will be playing Kraven in the Kraven film (Jan 2023), so hopefully he can make a comeback to sets soon too. But more keen for Morbius, as we've never had him before

13 minutes ago, Quicksilver838 said:

Also Aaron Taylor Johnson will be playing Kraven in the Kraven film (Jan 2023), so hopefully he can make a comeback to sets soon too. But more keen for Morbius, as we've never had him before

There goes my hope of getting an MCU Kraven minifigure...

Hopefully Kraven comes back with a better face this time. While the rest of the 2016 Kraven minifigure is perfection, that head is not even close. He'd look more accurate if you gave him any Tony Stark head than that Jurassic World head (which ironically enough was first used for the character played by Vincent D'Onofrio, so Kraven was technically Kingpin).

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

Hopefully Kraven comes back with a better face this time. While the rest of the 2016 Kraven minifigure is perfection, that head is not even close. He'd look more accurate if you gave him any Tony Stark head than that Jurassic World head (which ironically enough was first used for the character played by Vincent D'Onofrio, so Kraven was technically Kingpin).

Agreed, both the shaping and beard color is off for me. I use Dr. Strange’s head and I love how it looks.

Edited by Legocity2713

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That's kinda understandable, but wouldn't it be easier for you to just Bricklink some of the minifigs you want instead of spending $300 once again?

I want the extra pieces for building buildings in any case. The large sets are often good value for money when it comes to price per part, especially if adding in the cost of what I expect to be two expensive minifigs. $550 -15%, then take away the amount that I'll get for the additional minifigs I'll sell = good value for money for the minifigs and parts I want to keep (by NZ standards). I do that with HP sets that I want for parts too, buy the sets and sell the minifigs. Often cheaper to buy the sets and sells the minifigs in NZ than it is to BL parts, especially when compared to buying parts from overseas. US has it so good when we compare prices, BL availability and LEGO shipping costs. We have to spend about $120USD to qualify for free shipping, otherwise it is about $12USD for all orders less than that. BL options here are also very limited. Few stores and stock levels are not the same as elsewhere, but to be expected as our population has only just hit 5 million, and the nearest neighbours are 2,100KM away (1,400ish miles).

2 hours ago, SEmrys said:

Using the Bugle for the Metlife is a great idea! I can't afford to buy two, but I've mod'd/moc'd an Avengers tower that is about the same size as the Bugle (I think). Just need to add a base of some sort, met life or otherwise, the curved glass side (under the balcony/landing pad) and fill the interior.

Do you have photos? Would love some inspiration. My two are still the vanilla LEGO builds. I did prefer the OG when compared to the new version, but size of the newer one is obviously better. Would like the AT to stand taller than the Bugle. 

As a side note, I do have plans to incorporate a hall of armour into the basement of the AT, with external stairs leading to the "ground floor" which would create the basement. Something along the lines of this, but haven't worked out how to incorporate it into a NYC type setting yet 

From what I could tell in the MCU films was that the AT stands roughly where the Met Life building is (please do correct me if I am wrong on any of this), which I think positions it behind Grand Central Station. Planning on doing a google map "drive" through the area to get ideas when that project kicks off in earnest

1 hour ago, Dr.Cogg said:

Fingers crossed, that will be amazing.

1 hour ago, TheBatstan said:

He'd look more accurate if you gave him any Tony Stark head than that Jurassic World head (which ironically enough was first used for the character played by Vincent D'Onofrio, so Kraven was technically Kingpin)

For some or other reason that cracked me up 

I didn't bother trying to have the tower rise up from a building when I modified mine because I thought it would be too big. I just made the ground floor a bit longer and built a revolving door, as if the lobby is open to the public for visits. I've got a little hand scanner in the front and used to have Avengers suits lining the walls, and the lobby terminates in an electronic door that flips open to let authorized people up to the living spaces above and then the rest of the tower. 

4 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

From what I could tell in the MCU films was that the AT stands roughly where the Met Life building is (please do correct me if I am wrong on any of this), which I think positions it behind Grand Central Station. Planning on doing a google map "drive" through the area to get ideas when that project kicks off in earnest

The AT wasn't just build roughly where the Metlife building is in real-life NYC, it's actually build on top of a partially deconstructed Metlife :wink:

1 hour ago, lego_guyon02 said:

The AT wasn't just build roughly where the Metlife building is in real-life NYC, it's actually build on top of a partially deconstructed Metlife :wink:

Cool. I thought it was, just wasn't 100% certain as I've never been there. Thanks for the confirmation :classic:

6 hours ago, ApocSlay said:

Do you have photos? Would love some inspiration. My two are still the vanilla LEGO builds. I did prefer the OG when compared to the new version, but size of the newer one is obviously better. Would like the AT to stand taller than the Bugle.

When I get back home I can send you some. It's certainly not as grand as the one in that video and still needs refining, but I like how it's turned out this time (I've rebuilt it 4 times now, it was originally just 2 of the 2020 version built together, but every time I have a new idea for it it grows wider and taller :laugh:). 

The tall floors of the Bugle inspired the latest change. 

Edited by SEmrys

Anyone who happens to own both sets, could be kind enough to take a picture of how the Bugle looks if you connect the modular Boolshop on its right?

I'm thinking on getting some modulars too!

12 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Anyone who happens to own both sets, could be kind enough to take a picture of how the Bugle looks if you connect the modular Boolshop on its right?

I'm thinking on getting some modulars too!

It's not directly next to the Bookstore but Stonewars did do some edits of the Bugle next to modular buildings:

LEGO Marvel 76178 Daily Bugle Modular Building

LEGO Marvel 76178 Daily Bugle Modular Buildings 2

1 minute ago, lego_guyon02 said:

It's not directly next to the Bookstore but Stonewars did do some edits of the Bugle next to modular buildings:

*Pictures, pictures of SPIDER-MAN*

Thanks a lot, mate!

My initial thought was to get the police station and put it next to the bugle, but it looks sort of weird to have 2 newspaper stands literally next to each other. Good thing this is lego and I can remove the one I like the least. I think this is going to be so fun to mess with!

Also, anyone else feels like the Bugle is supposed to be in a corner? The Vote Osborn sign seems to suggest so, but it could as well be just the silly old me.

12 minutes ago, PGBQW said:

Also, anyone else feels like the Bugle is supposed to be in a corner? The Vote Osborn sign seems to suggest so, but it could as well be just the silly old me.

I think that makes sense. I still haven’t seen an arrangement with modulars I LOVE. Definitely interested to see how everyone else will organize theirs.

I wish I could display this beast on top of my display cabinets, but it‘s way too tall for that :head_back: Removing the antenna is not really an option for my purist tastes, so onto the floor it goes, sharing its fate with the Disney Castle and Orthanc :shrug_oh_well:

There's this guy (mando_lego_customs) doing The Infinity Saga waves wishlists on IG. It's really nice, you should check it out.

What I wanted to tell you was one particular idea I loved - what if next year (for the 10th anniversary), instead of golden minfigures, we got Vibranium minfigures? That's such a cool concept :tongue:

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What I wanted to tell you was one particular idea I loved - what if next year (for the 10th anniversary), instead of golden minfigures, we got Vibranium minfigures? That's such a cool concept :tongue:

Neat concept but considering Marvel is a theme that consistently gets underdetailed and/or inaccurate figures I will definitely be pissed if they waste a lot of budget on "special" anniversary figures.

10 minutes ago, lego_guyon02 said:

Neat concept but considering Marvel is a theme that consistently gets underdetailed and/or inaccurate figures I will definitely be pissed if they waste a lot of budget on "special" anniversary figures.

I wonder if anniversary waves (SW, Ninjago, HP) got higher budgets, or were they supposed to stay the same?

Either way, I think it's pretty safe to assume they'll waste it on "special" minifigures.