Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

But if they know how the bugle looks, than they know who come with it, right? I don’t understand why they don’t mention every minifig

should call this forum

"tough crowd" and "everyones a critic"

one instagrammer called the wave crap...I MEAN REALLY!?!?

I think the wave is great and its only the start. Hope to see the Infinity Saga line continue to next year!

Also, could we expect more Infinity war sets in the winter wave?

It would be great if they included Stan Lee as a taxi driver, but they'll probably just have the taxi be driverless.

The claims of the Bugle having 20-25 minifigures would be amazing if they're true, but I'm going to wait until we hear more from reliable sources before setting my expectations too high.

With Doc Ock and Carnage confirmed, that's now six villains accounted for, and likely our Sinister Six lineup for the set.

I would have preferred a civilian Gwen Stacy over another Spider-Gwen, but maybe we can still have both if we're lucky.

4 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

should call this forum

I think the wave is great and its only the start. Hope to see the Infinity Saga line continue to next year!

I think the wave is awesome. I am tempted to buy mcu stuff :-(

23 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

should call this forum

Honestly what did you expect? Most of people here are hardcore marvel fans, and when you are a fan, you want to see something you love to be done well. And tbh this wave isn't perfect, but given quality of marvel sets in last 2-3 years, this is a step in right direction. Hopefully next year wave will be even better!

6 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I am curious to hear, why does the minifig selection suck? You've got 4 out of 6 Guardians, also both Star-Lord and Groot are incredible. 

I mean none of the figures are new characters or unique in anyway. Rocket, Groot and Starlord are slight improvements of previous versions and Mantis appears to be the exact same as her previous incarnation. Thor and the Chitauri are repeats for this wave. For such a big, special, expensive set I expect better from the minifig selection or at the very least include the full team of Guardians. The best figure of the bunch is Groot but even then I can't help but feel "meh" about him since I have the previous figure and the grown up version. I'm also just ready for him to be adult Groot again, I wasn't a fan of teen Groot.

Edited by ToaDraco

39 minutes ago, BusterNut31 said:

should call this forum 

I think most of the forum liked the wave overall! People here are definitely more likely to point out flaws here and there, but I haven't seen many people saying they're very disappointed in the wave as a whole. It's also only going to get better with what's yet to be revealed :moar:

Reading the description for the Bugle it gets me so excited for this set... I want it and haven't even seen pics yet :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

I think most of the forum liked the wave overall! People here are definitely more likely to point out flaws here and there, but I haven't seen many people saying they're very disappointed in the wave as a whole. It's also only going to get better with what's yet to be revealed :moar:

Oh it's definitely a good wave overall and hopefully is the start of a new trend for the LEGO Marvel theme. Honestly I'd be planning to get more of the sets if it weren't for how amazing the fall wave of Star Wars is rumored to be. 

How can the Daily Bugle have another 10 figures(25 total) with no new villains in it? You would think they include the remaining Sinister Six with Kraven the Hunter, Sandman, Hobgoblin, Vulture, and Scorpion. Now 5 left- Morbius, Robbie, Stan Lee, and 2 Daily Bugle employees/ citizens.

2 minutes ago, 2lazeetomakeaname said:

Where is 25 figures coming from? Whos the source?

I've only seen it mentioned by Briqfoundation, who claims the information's from "a reliable source".  I'd take that info with a grain of salt, because 25 minifigures seems like an unusually generous number for LEGO to include.

6 minutes ago, Bobby Drake said:

How can the Daily Bugle have another 10 figures(25 total) with no new villains in it? You would think they include the remaining Sinister Six with Kraven the Hunter, Sandman, Hobgoblin, Vulture, and Scorpion. Now 5 left- Morbius, Robbie, Stan Lee, and 2 Daily Bugle employees/ citizens.

If Blade is real, it may be Spidey +  Adult-themed New York Heroes (DD, Black Cat?, Punisher, Blade) vs Sinister Six. So very few villains and more NY heroes and civilians. 

Edited by doclord

58 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

I mean none of the figures are new characters or unique in anyway. Rocket, Groot and Starlord are slight improvements of previous versions and Mantis appears to be the exact same as her previous incarnation. Thor and the Chitauri are repeats for this wave. For such a big, special, expensive set I expect better from the minifig selection or at the very least include the full team of Guardians. The best figure of the bunch is Groot but even then I can't help but feel "meh" about him since I have the previous figure and the grown up version. I'm also just ready for him to be adult Groot again, I wasn't a fan of teen Groot.

Well to be fair what new and unique characters did you expect? We got every Guardian at some point, so what did you want? Rhino and Lizard?

Star-Lord has new torso, hair, face, dual-moulded legs and blasters. Groot has a new colour, leg printing, torso printing and head printing. Rocket has a new colour, new head print, new torso print. Mantis has a new torso print. How more unique can those Guardians get?

23 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We got every Guardian at some point, so what did you want? Rhino and Lizard?

Idk why I found this so funny, but I've been laughing for 5 minutes

Dont know if it's real or not, but on ig there's a low res pic of the Sanctuary and Thanos looks different... but GOOD. Real or fake guys?

4 minutes ago, StarLord said:

Dont know if it's real or not, but on ig there's a low res pic of the Sanctuary and Thanos looks different... but GOOD. Real or fake guys?

Quite obviously fake.

So with the rumor of an announcement of the Bugle on the 18th (this Tuesday), Then if it follows trends with the friends set, we should get a teaser for the Bugle in the next couple days from Lego on social media. (assuming they will do a tease)

I wanna ask this question because it’s been on my mind. Do you guys think that this Saga line will continue? I think that the main reason we are able to get this line, is because of the gap of marvel content. I do understand that the “infinity saga” brand is not just something lego is doing, however I feel as though this was more or less a causality of the lack of marvel content. Now, I hope that’s not the case, but I’m not sure I can realistically see Lego continuing the Line when Marvel films come back into full boom along with their incredibly large lineup of shows as well. What are your thoughts?

12 minutes ago, EX0 said:

I wanna ask this question because it’s been on my mind. Do you guys think that this Saga line will continue? I think that the main reason we are able to get this line, is because of the gap of marvel content. I do understand that the “infinity saga” brand is not just something lego is doing, however I feel as though this was more or less a causality of the lack of marvel content. Now, I hope that’s not the case, but I’m not sure I can realistically see Lego continuing the Line when Marvel films come back into full boom along with their incredibly large lineup of shows as well. What are your thoughts?

I think it'll be based on how well this wave does. While not everyone loves everything, the general concensus seems to be this is a general improvement, and almost everyone is planning to get something, if not the whole wave. Granted, this is a small portion of the Lego community, but I think we are somewhat representative. On the assumption it does well Lego has every incentive to keep going. Maybe not so many sets next wave, if the movie lineup get too crowded, but I would not at all be surprised to see 2-3 sets next year and the year after that are legacy. I mean think about Star Wars. They do the majority of their sets off the OT. The infinity saga is the OT of Marvel. Who knows though, TLG does weird things.

Edited by Childe_Roland
Correction

Please keep in mind that while it was '14+' it may be a bit extreme to expect 25 figures. I also think that any other figures would likely be civilian characters who work at the Daily Bugle or simply characters associated with Peter Parker.

We also seemingly have confirmation that the release is around June 2nd - which is when the jb-spielwaren site states Lego will start supplying them. I'd guess the May 26th thing is either VIP's only or a pre-release. At one stage we had reports of a side build, I'm guessing that is the New York Cab...

5 hours ago, BusterNut31 said:

should call this forum

• The Final Battle set has some good figures, but they only get torso prints. Thanos is nice, but lacks an optional helmet. Build is 'eh' another facade of the compound that still does not look like the movie, I don't think anybody was desperately begging for them to do the Ant-Man Van either xD
  • The Dragon Flyer is an 'ok' build, but the only figure appeal is Shuri as Black Panther and Chitauri are in the more popular Final Battle set
  • The Iron Monger is a nice build, but it's over-sized.
  • The Gauntlet is nice, but it appeals to a select group of fans who just want a display model.
  • The Benetar is an improvement externally over the previous version, but internally feels the same and lacks Drax or Nebula who are more important to include than Thor at this time.

We've yet to see the Thor House or Sanctuary II - but we're definitely going to be missing characters people wanted from this wave such as Ronin, War Machine, Drax, Nebula, Valkyrie, Prof.Hulk, etc...

I would not call it 'crap' but I can see why people are disappointed, unless you are a fan of Shuri or desperate for the Iron Man figures, chances are you'll just pick up the Final Battle set and maybe the Benetar.

2 hours ago, EX0 said:

Next year is the 10th Anniversary of Avengers, 10th anniversary of Lego MCU sets - and it'll have been three years since Endgame which is normally the time it takes to make/release a D2C based on the movie. If the Saga line is continuing we should get something next year, if not then this was a one-off that would require Lego to see how well the line sells before doing it again.

Edited by Scarilian

17 minutes ago, HatBricks said:

So with the rumor of an announcement of the Bugle on the 18th (this Tuesday), Then if it follows trends with the friends set, we should get a teaser for the Bugle in the next couple days from Lego on social media. (assuming they will do a tease)

Or it could follow the Marvel trend, not get revealed for weeks, eventually get revealed in a low quality leak, and is then officially revealed one week later

24 minutes ago, Scarilian said:

We also seemingly have confirmation that the release is around July 2nd - which is when the jb-spielwaren site states Lego will start supplying them. I'd guess the May 26th thing is either VIP's only or a pre-release.

June 2nd not July