Captain Nemo

Marvel Superheroes 2021 - Rumors & Discussion

Not 2021 related but I felt I wanted to reflect on some amazing sets released through the course of this theme. Comic related as of course thats what intrigues me.

Looking back at some of my sets and figures from this theme I am incredibly impressed by what Lego Marvel has released over the years. The Daily Bugle is one of the best sets ever. The figure variety is amazing and the build was impressive to say the least. And very reasonably priced. The Ghost Rider set is the best with Hobgoblin and his glider looking perfect and the flaming motorcycle looks equally awe inspiring. The Doc Oc Attack with White Tiger is one of my favorite sets in a while and I really enjoy both the figures and the build included. Lego has done a really good job with both the comic and MCU sets over the years and besides fumbling the ball with the Spiderman sets of the past few years, Lego has really done wonders for this theme.

4 hours ago, cosmic said:

Not 2021 related but I felt I wanted to reflect on some amazing sets released through the course of this theme. Comic related as of course thats what intrigues me.

Looking back at some of my sets and figures from this theme I am incredibly impressed by what Lego Marvel has released over the years. The Daily Bugle is one of the best sets ever. The figure variety is amazing and the build was impressive to say the least. And very reasonably priced. The Ghost Rider set is the best with Hobgoblin and his glider looking perfect and the flaming motorcycle looks equally awe inspiring. The Doc Oc Attack with White Tiger is one of my favorite sets in a while and I really enjoy both the figures and the build included. Lego has done a really good job with both the comic and MCU sets over the years and besides fumbling the ball with the Spiderman sets of the past few years, Lego has really done wonders for this theme.

Marvel definitely had had some wins, I just wish this line had more consistent builds that were of quality. Sometimes I feel the junior sets are better than the mainline sets lol

PS4 Miles Morales minifig started showing up on eBay Friday. Hoping that the price settles a bit like Supergirl, or that I can trade one of my spare Supergirls for it.

I think some Lego prices for limited sets are insanely overpriced. I'm mostly salty about the Black Widow SDCC set. It's funny because Black Widow still hasn't been released and there is merchandise of it from almost a year ago.

Edited by HRC

14 hours ago, steyin said:

PS4 Miles Morales minifig started showing up on eBay Friday. Hoping that the price settles a bit like Supergirl, or that I can trade one of my spare Supergirls for it.

You have multiple spare Supergirls? How come? *oh2*

3 hours ago, HRC said:

I think some Lego prices for limited sets are insanely overpriced. I'm mostly salty about the Black Widow SDCC set. It's funny because Black Widow still hasn't been released and there is merchandise of it from almost a year ago.

This probably reflects how rare sets are. A 2013 SDCC Spider Woman is costly because there were so few copies of the figure made. So the value of every single one is very high. When you only have about 300 copies of a figure, that figure is super rare and thus costly.

2 hours ago, BrickHat said:

You have multiple spare Supergirls? How come? *oh2*

Myself, my mother and my girlfriend entered the contest in hopes of winning one, but we all ended up winning :laugh:

For now my girlfriend is holding onto hers, and I have the other 2. So one I keep, the other I'm trying to trade for Miles.

9 hours ago, HRC said:

As a person who buys sets after the movie releases, I’m very scared about that helicopter set retiring before I can get it.

The release of the SDCC sets this year really shows how LEGO does not do enough when it comes to preventing scalpers from taking advantage of the system. 

11 hours ago, hvader said:

As a person who buys sets after the movie releases, I’m very scared about that helicopter set retiring before I can get it.

The release of the SDCC sets this year really shows how LEGO does not do enough when it comes to preventing scalpers from taking advantage of the system. 

good thing the helicopter set is relatively inexpensive by chance it does discontinue this year

So Deadpool is confirmed to be in the MCU and rated R... If lego does not use the 18+ theme properly and give us Deadpool sets I’ll be extremely frustrated 

New sets:

76189 - $9.99 - 49 pieces
76190 - $39.99 - 479 pieces
76191 - $69.99 - 590 pieces
76192 - $69.99 - 527 pieces
76193 - $149.99 - 1901 pieces
76194 - $34.99 - 369 pieces

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

New sets:

Any idea what they're for? Spider-Man 3, Disney+ shows, Shang Chi?

I'm surprised at how good the price per pieces has been for most of the sets this year

1 minute ago, Marvelous Spidey said:

Any idea what they're for? Spider-Man 3, Disney+ shows, Shang Chi?

No idea but they're definetely not for Shang Chi.

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

New sets:

76189 sounds more like a character pack with only 49 pieces. Or a junior's set.

Edited by Buckethead

14 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

New sets:

okay, call me an optimist (prime hehe) but some of those HAVE to be Spider-Man 3 related 

I can’t believe we’re actually getting a Marvel CMF series! This is a dream come true. I really hope we get more than 12 figures, though. I’m also holding out hope that the $40 summer set is for WandaVision. Are those prices for Marvel only or both themes? 

11 minutes ago, Buckethead said:

76189 sounds more like a character pack with only 49 pieces. Or a junior's set.

Hopefully it's an AIM Agent battle pack, because let's face it, we didn't get enough of them in the last few waves

Just now, Marvelous Spidey said:

SO EXCITING!!!! Do we know if it's the next CMF or the later one this year?

It’s the august/September one