Aldar-Beedo

[MOC] Harry Potter - Journey to Hogwarts

Hello everybody!

As 2020 is coming to an end, I wanted to share my favourite MOC from this year with you. It's Harry's first journey to Hogwarts as a triptych, with each scene built into a RIBBA-frame (often used to display minifigures).

50506594338_afe8b9298d_k.jpgJourney to Hogwarts Triptych by Aldar Beedo, auf Flickr

The first scene shows Harry's 11th birthday, when he is visited by Hagrid who tells him that he is a wizard and that he will go to Hogwarts:

50507471067_910cf914cf_k.jpgJourney to Hogwarts Triptych by Aldar Beedo, auf Flickr

The second scene shows platform 9 3/4 where Harry and Ron pass the barrier to gat to their train to Hogwarts:

50506594268_27a5e6a4e7_k.jpgJourney to Hogwarts Triptych by Aldar Beedo, auf Flickr

The third and last frame shows the first years students' boatride to Hogwarts:

50506594228_577492a270_k.jpgJourney to Hogwarts Triptych by Aldar Beedo, auf Flickr

My favourite part was to recreate the Harry Potter logo with bricks as accurately as possible:

50506594223_016334c5cf_k.jpgJourney to Hogwarts Triptych by Aldar Beedo, auf Flickr

I'm looking forward to your feedback! :)

19 hours ago, SoupOrFishOil said:

Wow, I really love the perspective here, especially on that third panel. Great work!

Thanks! :)

Have to agree, the perspective on the third panel is very nicely done, and I love how you captured / recreated the font. Nice work! Thanks for sharing. :classic:

On 1/1/2021 at 5:47 PM, krimimimi said:

Have to agree, the perspective on the third panel is very nicely done, and I love how you captured / recreated the font. Nice work! Thanks for sharing. :classic:

Thank you! I'm glad you like my work :)

This is really great, especially the perspective in the 3rd frame with the tiny boat in the distance containing micro-figures on the left.  Nice details on the micro-scale Hogwarts as well.  I see the Whomping Willow and boathouse docks!