Herky

Lego Architecture - rumors and discussion

13 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

A rerelease of Eiffel Tower is more likely.

Now that one I really hope for!  That set's enormous, being I think the tallest ever (108cm), and tends to go for about £450 minimum....  

On 2/28/2021 at 11:28 AM, Vilhelm22 said:

Now that one I really hope for!  That set's enormous, being I think the tallest ever (108cm), and tends to go for about £450 minimum....  

Such a boring build though. Would prefer something like the beautiful Chrysler at this scale.

11 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Such a boring build though. Would prefer something like the beautiful Chrysler at this scale.

True.  The Chrysler is a beauty, and at that scale you could properly do the roof.  My reasoning for the Eiffel Tower is personal really -  I have been up it twice, so it has some meaning.  I can completely understand why some people don't want it though, as it is basically an iron frame....

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

I thought about it too but I'm not sure if there's enough demand for it.

Though a large-scale Burj Khalifa would certainly sell well!

LEGO seems to be focusing more on the skyline sets than the landmark sets for some reason. I always look back to last year and am shocked that architecture only got 3 sets when there is just so much potential in the theme. And I think rereleases are the last thing LEGO Architecture needs :sceptic:

My top 3 are Taipei 101, The Shard and The Gherkin...someday I hope.  I know you can get knockoffs of each and someday I may resort to that if I am desperate enough but I am still hoping Lego comes through.

6 hours ago, Herky said:

The Shard and The Gherkin...someday I hope.  I know you can get knockoffs of each

I’d be interested to see these out of curiosity, even if I never buy clone brands. Google isn’t helping, could you PM me link or two? Thanks.

On 3/5/2021 at 5:57 PM, Lucarex said:

I’d be interested to see these out of curiosity, even if I never buy clone brands. Google isn’t helping, could you PM me link or two? Thanks.

My apologies, looks like it is just The Gherkin and it is not a knock off but a Bright Bricks creation:  Unofficial LEGO Architecture Set Guide - BRICK ARCHITECT  I know Wange does a Taipei 101

Do you think it's possible for Lego to make a World Trade Center landmark set? The 20th anniversary of 9/11 is coming up this fall. 

This is my first post! Happy to be a part of the forums. I love the Architecture series.

1 hour ago, Khanid said:

Do you think it's possible for Lego to make a World Trade Center landmark set? The 20th anniversary of 9/11 is coming up this fall. 

This is my first post! Happy to be a part of the forums. I love the Architecture series.

That would be a very odd choice for a Lego set considering it's a symbol for an event in which almost 3000 people died. But then there are supposed to be a space shuttle Columbia and a Titanic comic out this year, so maybe Lego is planning a disaster series (sorry, it's not funny)...

1 hour ago, Khanid said:

And welcome to the forum! 🙂

17 hours ago, Khanid said:

First of all welcome to the forum @Khanid!  

I think that any model of the twin towers will never happen, but a One World Trade Center model is possible - a tiny one was included in the NYC skyline set after all.  There have also been continuous plans for a new Two World Trade Center (there currently isn't anything really at that address in NYC) - possibly TLG is waiting for that and then will sell the two towers as one set.....

On 3/13/2021 at 3:29 PM, Khanid said:

Welcome to Eurobricks! 

I’m not sure about Twin Towers. I mean it may remind victims’ families/friends or anyone of that worst event. But I think it’s fine to build new One World Trade Center (Freedom Tower) and Two World Trade Center. These buildings represent a bright future, rather than looking back. 

Grammar

Edited by DBlegonerd7

Not chance whatsoever LEGO will go anywhere near the twin towers, and rightly so.

Same sensitivities with the delay and last minute swapout of Mandalay Bay in the Vegas skyline set. 

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Not chance whatsoever LEGO will go anywhere near the twin towers, and rightly so.

Same sensitivities with the delay and last minute swapout of Mandalay Bay in the Vegas skyline set.

100% agreed. I dunno if it would be fine to include Ground Zero memorial along with One World Trade Center? 

As there’s still no leaks, we don’t think Architecture has been cancelled, do we? I love the skylines so I hope not

Lego has been pretty good with preventing leaks. As the set is scheduled for August, we should see some info by June or July

Only set I know of is Seattle as part of the Skylines. Currently it’s aiming for release in September along with another. No ‘big releases’ currently planned and pushed back to next year (due to colosseum taking a precedence) but this could change.

11 minutes ago, Aliander101 said:

Only set I know of is Seattle as part of the Skylines

Source?

5 hours ago, User5346 said:

Source?

New member, first post and already ITK, yeah exactly...

Skylines come in pairs usually (and in January before the Colosseum-induced hiatus ) and whilst a great city, the Seattle skyline isn’t really distinctive architecturally other than one obvious landmark (LEGO already made a small standalone Space Needle back in 2009).

The August set is still on schedule and the smart money is on a large scale Forbidden City (Beijing), given the recently released magnet/keyring and TLG’s desperate almost Apple-levels of genuflection to the Chinese yuan lately.

6 hours ago, Aliander101 said:

No ‘big releases’ currently planned and pushed back to next year (due to colosseum taking a precedence) but this could change.

The Colosseum was developed LAST year, so RZK has been free for a good 6 months already to work on new models, with the next ‘big release’ planned for August.

Ah, and there it is, the well worn “..but this could change” line. Ok buddy.

6 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

Maybe TLG ran out of ideas. I'd just like to see a remake of 21050.

Don’t hold your breath, the theme has sadly moved far away from that ‘purist’ era under Adam Reed Tucker, who has since left TLG.

How much is the Studio now on the secondary market out of interest? Was one of the first birthday gifts I got from my other half back in the day, and it’s gotten much love by me and my youngest son. Even those exclusive trans clear sorting trays are so useful for building other sets.

Edited by Lucarex

4 minutes ago, Lucarex said:

Don’t hold your breath, the theme has sadly moved far away from that ‘purist’ era under Adam Reed Tucker, who has since left TLG.

How much is the Studio now on the secondary market out of interest? Was one of the first birthday gifts I got from my other half back in the day, and it’s gotten much love by me and my youngest son. Even those exclusive trans clear sorting trays are so useful for building other sets.

$310-Bricklink

$240-Brickset

Both are used, yikes.

27 minutes ago, caiman0637 said:

$310-Bricklink

$240-Brickset

Both are used, yikes.

Price of retirement. Was 160 new I think. 

7 hours ago, User5346 said:

Source? 3 different Lego Employees and a close friend who knows a lot more in TLG than me have all mentioned Seattle is coming. The rest is passing comments which obviously, like any rumour, should be taken with a pinch of salt 

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

New member, first post and already ITK, yeah exactly...

Skylines come in pairs usually (and in January before the Colosseum-induced hiatus ) and whilst a great city, the Seattle skyline isn’t really distinctive architecturally other than one obvious landmark (LEGO already made a small standalone Space Needle back in 2009).

The August set is still on schedule and the smart money is on a large scale Forbidden City (Beijing), given the recently released magnet/keyring and TLG’s desperate almost Apple-levels of genuflection to the Chinese yuan lately.

The Colosseum was developed LAST year, so RZK has been free for a good 6 months already to work on new models, with the next ‘big release’ planned for August.

Ah, and there it is, the well worn “..but this could change” line. Ok buddy.

Wow. Hello to you too. I joined the forum for the reason of passing on information I’ve been told / heard from other friends in the Lego chain. Are you this rude with everyone passing on information they’ve received because they thought others may like to know?

I only found this website yesterday otherwise would have shared sooner. At this point any info is worth sharing as we haven’t heard anything? Sorry, thought we were all here to discuss rumours / share info, or is that not how a forum works ‘buddy’?

The space needle thing is irrelevant surely as we’ve had reproductions of the Empire State, Burj Khalifa and the White House with Burj also featuring in the Dubai skyline so there’s every chance. Purely passing on information. Thanks for the lovely welcome, one of the best I’ve had! 

Edited by Aliander101

Aliander, welcome...I get both sides here.  You are new as we all once were so you get treated a bit new until your info pays off.  On the other hand, I see that you have info and want to pass it along so kudos.  All that said, we usually do say where the rumors came from if we know.  Sounds like you might have a source and we don't need a name, but is this source working for TLG?  How firm would you say the Seattle skyline information is?  I hope you are right, just as much as I would like to see something new like a Forbidden City building just to change things up.  Hopefully we will get news soon of something in this line.