Deinonychus

TIE Crawler recolor

I noticed a lot of people were pretty down on the TIE Crawler (7664) set when it came out last year. I suspect a lot of that was due to the standard "LEGO Blue Squadron" colors it came in. Personally I don't mind the blue TIEs, but the Century Tank was sitting there on the shelf with my AT-ATs and my grayed-out Juggernaut, and the blue just didn't fit in. So I decided to do a color swap because...

A) It would fit in better with my Imperial Army display

B) I was curious what it'd look like anyway

C) I was curious if others would like the set more in straight-up grays

So here it is. deino2.gif

43600020.jpg

43600019.jpg

43600021.jpg

I think it looks pretty sexy in gray myself. Still doesn't make me want a LEGO TIE Mauler any less thoughdeino2.gif

Much better than the blue color scheme in my opinion. :thumbup:

meh, TIEs were never really appealing to me, and i just dont like the design... plus, im not too familiar with EU... good job though, i give you credit for trying to make it more appealing. :thumbup:

Thats kinda like a forest squadron vehicle..... I love that color!! Great job Deinonychus!!! I wish this was the color of it!

Very nice much better.

But the red cones look a bit off to be. I'm thinking they might look a bit better in light bley. That might just be me though.

In any case, good job.

I think that it looks a whole lot better in grey than in blue. This, to me, should have been the way TLC designed it.

I like it better than the original, still wouldn't buy it though :hmpf_bad:

Keep up the cool mods

That looks very slick in dark grey, nice job! :thumbup: It looks a bit more like a camouflage vehicle now. :laugh:

Still one of the most idiotic designs in the entire Expanded Universe. :hmpf:

That isn't the fault of LEGO, who did a pretty decent job copying it, in all it's bleh. :hmpf_bad:

That said, somehow your recolour almost makes it tolerable.

Damn fine job! :sweet:

Jap, much sexier :thumbup: I like the colors you used a lot better than the general LEGO-Tie-blue.

But the red cones look a bit off to be. I'm thinking they might look a bit better in light bley. That might just be me though.

I didn't mind the red cones before you mentioned it Plural, but I think your idea with the light bley ones instead would work very well on this mod. Maybe Deinonychus can give us a pic with light bley cones? Please :sweet:

Benny

I think it looks better this way. I dont understand why TLC colours their TIEs in blue rather than gray though.... :sceptic: