Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Some fuzzy City 2021 pics from a Russian website on Insta. Probably legit, I doubt someone would go to the trouble of mocking up a few random City sets.

Thanks

So we have images of sets 60282 60283 and 60284

-60282 big truck

-60283 camper van

-60284 strange vehicle

Sadly the images of the fire truck are not good

Edited by Powered by Bricks

More information about the sets that were revealed 

-60282- Big set with a fire truck similar to the one of 2012, but with a different trailer(reminds the trailer of 60112) and a building in flames 

-60283-Big camper van with 2 minifigures two chairs, a table and some accessories 

-60284- a vehicle similar to the one of the set 60184 with some accessories and 1 minifigure

Hmm ... people on this forum have been asking for a zoo and a farm for so long that I'll believe it when I see it.  The zoo and farm are 2HY prices, not 1HY prices, so I'm skeptical that they've been leaked so soon.  A royal carriage sounds more at home in Disney Princess and the cabin sounds more like a Creator set.  I can believe a microscale cruise ship in Creator 3-in-1 for 70 euro, but not a minifig cruise ship in City for that price.  Put me down as skeptical about that entire list.  I've seen the leaked grainy images for 60282/3/4, though, so I believe those.

Edited by icm

33 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

A new lego city sets list have been revealed on instagram 

-Cruise Ship-70€

-Zoo-160€

-Royal Carriage-40€

-Cabin-50€

-Farm-130€

Those leaks are fakes 100%. 

28 minutes ago, icm said:

Hmm ... people on this forum have been asking for a zoo and a farm for so long that I'll believe it when I see it.  The zoo and farm are 2HY prices, not 1HY prices, so I'm skeptical that they've been leaked so soon.  A royal carriage sounds more at home in Disney Princess and the cabin sounds more like a Creator set.  I can believe a microscale cruise ship in Creator 3-in-1 for 70 euro, but not a minifig cruise ship in City for that price.  Put me down as skeptical about that entire list.  I've seen the leaked grainy images for 60282/3/4, though, so I believe those.

I agree! I'm gonna remain skeptical of those. 

8 minutes ago, dimitri_bricks said:

Those leaks are fakes 

I don't know if the leaks are true or not, this was supposed to be the summer list

yeh, that list of sets with the farm, are totally fake. why would we get a list of march sets in september, without set numbers, with US prices, dont trust that its very fake.

i like that fire truck, ill be getting that i love the bulk of it, and the black wheels.

the other 2 seem to be just regular city sets, meh

i fixed up, and zoomed in on the three leaked sets, 60282, 60283, and 60284.

----{No leaked pics, thanks.}-

it wont let me upload the other 2 only 71.2 kb but anyway 60284 looks like a 4+ construction truck, with a container on the front, with some cones and 1 figure. 60284 looks to have 2 named characters, a large bulky fire truck with black wheels, and some sort of build on fire.

Edited by Peppermint_M
No leaked images please

32 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

looks to have 2 named characters, a large bulky fire truck with black wheels, and some sort of build on fire.

That reminds me the downtown fire brigade set

36 minutes ago, toopizza13 said:

yeh, that list of sets with the farm, are totally fake. 

I think that the farm, the zoo and the cruise can be real sets, but I don't believe that we will get a royal carriage and a cabin, those 2 sets aren't related to city, the subtheme never had kingdom related sets, that is what I think

7 minutes ago, Powered by Bricks said:

That reminds me the downtown fire brigade set

I think that the farm, the zoo and the cruise can be real sets, but I don't believe that we will get a royal carriage and a cabin, those 2 sets aren't related to city, the subtheme never had kingdom related sets, that is what I think

idk i honestly think that farm will never come back. they may do a tractor every once in a while, but otherwise im still going to beleive its fake until i see something more official.

*believe

1 hour ago, toopizza13 said:

yeh, that list of sets with the farm, are totally fake. why would we get a list of march sets in september, without set numbers, with US prices, dont trust that its very fake.

i like that fire truck, ill be getting that i love the bulk of it, and the black wheels.

the other 2 seem to be just regular city sets, meh

i fixed up, and zoomed in on the three leaked sets, 60282, 60283, and 60284.

Screenshot 2020-09-25 at 3.00.43 PM.png

it wont let me upload the other 2 only 71.2 kb but anyway 60284 looks like a 4+ construction truck, with a container on the front, with some cones and 1 figure. 60284 looks to have 2 named characters, a large bulky fire truck with black wheels, and some sort of build on fire.

The last two LEGO City Construction releases were age 4+ and kind of weak even for that lower targeted age group. I know I'm in the minority, but Construction sets are overdue for some new ones. I think it would be good timing with the new 112 piece road set coming out. I have a JCB Front-Loader Backhoe I would like to introduce(still needs some minor changes). But as I said, Construction sets would be in the minority.

9 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Thanks

So we have images of sets 60282 60283 and 60284

-60282 big truck

-60283 camper van

-60284 strange vehicle

Sadly the images of the fire truck are not good

That strange vehicle is a site dumper.

60219: Construction Loader was a pretty good 2019 Construction set that wasn't 4+, it's quite a simple build, but not Juniors.

The 2020 4+ set doesn't really do it for me, as the 2019 Loader is just a better vehicle that can actually pick up and dump bricks.

But yes, a lot of typical Construction vehicles haven't been made in a while after 2017, beside some under Arctic, or Mining.

Some new varied yellow vehicle Construction sets would indeed to be good timing with the new My City focused line of sets.

2015-2017 scale of vehicles seems fine to me for a City, while 2005-2009 Construction sets were pretty huge and more industrial/large scale, for themes like Creator Expert modulars etc.

Edited by TeriXeri

34 minutes ago, TeriXeri said:

60219: Construction Loader was a pretty good 2019 Construction set that wasn't 4+, it's quite a simple build, but not Juniors.

The 2020 4+ set doesn't really do it for me, as the 2019 Loader is just a better vehicle that can actually pick up and dump bricks.

But yes, a lot of typical Construction vehicles haven't been made in a while after 2017, beside some under Arctic, or Mining.

Some new varied yellow vehicle Construction sets would indeed to be good timing with the new My City focused line of sets.

2015-2017 scale of vehicles seems fine to me for a City, while 2005-2009 Construction sets were pretty huge and more industrial/large scale, for themes like Creator Expert modulars etc.

My bad, got my thinking messed up. This upcoming Truck Dumper and the last, were 4+ age group. 2019 Construction Loader was good, but they need to follow up on that. What I don't understand is the a Front Loader Backhoe is common place in all city road construction. Lego released one set in '84 and '92, but have not done so since as a single set. It would nice to see a new one or see a backhoe/dump truck set.

The small construction vehicle looks similar in part count and design ideals to the latest skid loader.

But what could be attached to the front of it ?

7 hours ago, lightningtiger said:

The small construction vehicle looks similar in part count and design ideals to the latest skid loader.

Looks like they merged the 2 vehicles from 60184 and 60072.

3 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yeah @dimitri_bricks the information for summer is fake, how can we have information for summer in September?

And to be honest that list was something that Lego never did, except the farm 

i think the list is fake but the pictures look legit

On 9/26/2020 at 3:53 AM, lightningtiger said:

Looks like it's just tipping lego sand into a fake hole in the background of the box artwork.  After set 60271 you cannot go by the box artwork to confirm what you might get in the box.....otherwise we would have got track in the City Main Square set this year.

It would be nice to see them add small road sections into the regular sets to expand their new road system.