Powered by Bricks

Lego City 2021 Rumours, information and discussion

Lego just revealed oficially images of the set 60271 main square and probably that was the last set of this year (of Lego City) , so write here about what you know or want for the 2021 Lego City wave

Shouldn't this be under town tho? Also, nothing was really said about 2021 City yet. Though, as I said on City 2020, I think there is some time for a public transportation wave. 

Otherwise  I'm basically expecting the same thing that I should expect every three years where they focus primarily on action outside of the city. That is: 

• A police wave that is based outside of the city in a jumpy environment such as the forest, the swamp or the mountains. I say that because the year following classic police year is usually one of those (i.e. 2012, 2015, 2018). I hope it's a fun police wave like one based in the dessert.
  • An industrial subtheme like miners, demolition, farm or construction. I hope it's the latter. But those who live on hope are usually the ones to get flamed here. So I shan't hope. 
  • A wave of great vehicles. Most likely ones similar to what we've seen before. Nothing really interesting. This year in 2020 there were some interesting great vehicles. But doubt we'll see anything interesting next year. Most likely more offroaders, some type of aircraft or a hauler of some sort. 
  • An explorers wave for the summer. I'm guessing its gonna be Volcano again considering that this year is Divers year and following the last Divers wave was Volcano. 
  • Some town D2C sets that would probably be the only things keeping me with the City theme. 
  • Coast Guard, which is something else that is keeping me with City. It would be about that time again too. 
Edited by Brandon Pea

I hope it's a Snow Police for 2021 @Brandon PeaI really like those Snow sets and will be good have a Police dedicated to that.

In my opinion I think that the 2021 subthemes will be:

-Snow Police(as I mentioned before) 

-Demolition, probably demolition experts sets, Lego made two construction subthemes(One in 2005,One in 2009),so I think that will be a new demolition subtheme, they maded so much construction sets (in great vehicles and town squares):thumbup:

-Coast Guard, I think that Will be on summer some coast Guard sets, the last ones were released officialy in 2017 so they might release a subtheme the next summer:wub_drool:

-Volcano Exploration sets will obviously be back the next year, Lego now is returning back the first Exploration subthemes and don't make any more new Exploration subthemes so volcano sets will obviously come Next year:hmpf_bad:

-Great Vehicles Will obviously come Next year.:thumbup::wub:

And finally.....

-Harbor Will be so good to come Next year,and LEGO is making new subthemes now so a harbor/sea cargo subtheme Will be not bad ,some cargo trucks ,small boats,cargo crane and a harbor set might be good to see next year

So that is what I think that Lego Will release for 2021.

13 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

Shouldn't this be under town tho? Also, nothing was really said about 2021 City yet. Though, as I said on City 2020, I think there is some time for a public transportation wave. 

I maded this topic not only for information, but for new ideas too,ideas for 2021 sets

Edited by Powered by Bricks

On 8/15/2020 at 4:23 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

I maded this topic not only for information, but for new ideas too.

We actually already have a forum for ideas for new City sets. 

I also hope next year's transport subtheme is public transportation. This year was air transport. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

9 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I also hope next year's transport subtheme is public transportation. This year was air transport. 

Yeah will be good to have a public transportation subtheme,but One thing can't appear if this subtheme became real: a tram, Lego is making a 5 year cycle of tram sets (first on 2010,second in 2015 and third in 2020) but except for that will be good to see some new public transportation vehicles like buses,trains and hopefully a train station, the last One was released in 2014:angry:

1 hour ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Yeah will be good to have a public transportation subtheme,but One thing can't appear if this subtheme became real: a tram, Lego is making a 5 year cycle of tram sets (first on 2010,second in 2015 and third in 2020) but except for that will be good to see some new public transportation vehicles like buses,trains and hopefully a train station, the last One was released in 2014:angry:

I was thinking a rapid transit train or something based off of the Bombardier M7A. If they did do a public transportation wave, let's use blue as the color for the vehicles. 

2 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

I was thinking a rapid transit train or something based off of the Bombardier M7A. If they did do a public transportation wave, let's use blue as the color for the vehicles. 

Lego use white for the public and air transportation so much,that sucks?:hmpf_bad:

That seems nice to see some blue vehicles,yeah:sweet:

That's an interesting topic! :thumbup:

I completely agree with many of all your suggestions and reworked my thoughts for 2021 themes and sets:

• outside of the city police (there are so many possibilites for re-designs and for completely new, too - I hope that TLG will release snow police or water / harbor police)
  • Great Vehicles (racing vehicle, rescue helicopter, agricultural vehicle, garbage truck, camper, snow plugh, 4+ set)
  • construction or demolition site (in principle it had to be construction site: 2009 construction, 2012 mining, 2015 demolition, 2018 mining, 2021: ?)
  • coast guard
  • exploration theme (I bet that it won't be vulcano again but either jungle or something completely new, the most likely dessert)
  • bus stop (last one was released in 2017)
  • cargo center (-"-)
  • D2C set (hopefully either a cargo harbor to go with the coast guard theme or a row of shops since there unluckily are none in 60271)

Since it seems as if 2020 doesn't see any minifigure packs, I fear that 2021 won't see any either.

TLG made a deer out of the Harry Potter patronus for the Elf Clubhouse. So I can well imagine that they will make a regular seal of the Harry Potter seal for the coast guard theme.

What do you think?

@Klaus-Dieter Action outside of the city obviously sells better than action within. As for people packs, I'm guessing they didn't sell well enough. That's prolly why we haven't seen any this year, 

On 8/15/2020 at 10:23 PM, Powered by Bricks said:

I maded this topic not only for information, but for new ideas too,ideas for 2021 sets

There already is a topic for City ideas / wishlists : 

But here's my take about 2021 , not a wishlist, but based on City subthemes that do appear every 3-4 years.

• Police: likely would be a themed outdoor Police wave (2012/2015/2018 all had Forest / Swamp / Mountain Police 1 year after regular City Police), with a mix of land/air/water vehicles.
  • Fire: probably gets something like a larger Boat as that hasn't been seen for a while and the small 2019 Dockside Fire boat is on a retiring list.
  • Construction: 2009/2012/2015/2018 all had construction themed sets with Construction , Mining, Demolition, and Mining again on a 3 year cycle
  • Coast Guard: 2013/2017 had coast guard , and that could go along with the current Divers/Ocean Research sets.

And sometimes fairly similar themes 5-6 years as well :

• Ocean Exploration: appeared in 2015, and 2020 - 5 year gap
  • Mining appeared in 2012 and 2018 - 6 year gap , Construction/Demolition 2009 and 2015 - both had 6 year gaps, or alternating every 3 years.
  • Forest and Mountain Police were quite similar 2012 and 2018 - 6 year gap
  • Swamp Police came out in 2015 , Prison Island came out 2016, and based on the 2020 Elite Police vehicle style, maybe 2021 will be some Water based Police type again, which would go alongside Coast Guard and the 2020 Ocean sets. At the very least a Dockside Police Station, and a larger Police Boat.
  • Harbor was last seen as a theme in 2011, would be 10 years in 2021, I think Harbor didn't appear in 2016 (5 year gap) since there already were quite a few water-based sets in that year, but 2021 might be a water-based year of sets, also remember all those water-based sets came out 1 year after the last Ocean theme of 2015.
  • 60109-1.jpg?20151123071060119-1.jpg?20160105091360129-1.jpg?20151123071060130-1.jpg?201511230710
Edited by TeriXeri

@TeriXeri probably in the next year we will get a harbor set because LEGO is making a 4 year cycle of cargo terminals (One in 2013,other in 2017) and each set comes with a diferent type of vehicle, first set included a plane,second included a truck so probably in 2021 we will get a cargo harbor set

Please let there be a road rescue revival. The tuning shop was good and all, but not as good as this garage. Though considering today's standards of Lego buildings, it can't use baseplates. 

1 hour ago, Brandon Pea said:

Please let there be a road rescue revival. The tuning shop was good and all, but not as good as this garage. Though considering today's standards of Lego buildings, it can't use baseplates. 

Brandon Pea I loved that subtheme,and LEGO can make a new one in the next year, the Garage set from the last year (60232) was so small and the tuning workshop was a set of a subtheme focused on racing vehicles

2 hours ago, Powered by Bricks said:

Brandon Pea I loved that subtheme,and LEGO can make a new one in the next year, the Garage set from the last year (60232) was so small and the tuning workshop was a set of a subtheme focused on racing vehicles

The tuning shop was awesome. But it was a little too.....hood like for my liking. Like it was based in a ghetto or something. My town is supposed to be working class. You're right! 60232 was too babyish. Then again, it was a 4+ set. 

17 hours ago, Brandon Pea said:

The tuning shop was awesome. But it was a little too.....hood like for my liking. Like it was based in a ghetto or something. My town is supposed to be working class. You're right! 60232 was too babyish. Then again, it was a 4+ set. 

The first wave of 4+ sets was horrible,WHY LEGO ENDED THE JUNIORS THEME ?

Maybe I'm biased, having experienced Town before and during the 90s, but I never liked those brick-thick vehicle parts.

4+ sets do have some interesting aspects like printed pieces (except the headlights imo), but personally I just don't like the large/thick premade pieces like this , too similar to Town Jr.

6289242.jpg  or 6220592.jpg

And while larger premade chassis pieces aren't new to LEGO, even the new plate chassis is more useful(for MOCs etc) imo.

The downside that's still there however, is that the wheel type and position is still predetermined, but from the age 5+ cars that have used it, they look a lot nicer then the 4+ imo.

6285534.jpg

That said, 4+ sets do have a market segment, and I can see the appeal to kids that want a simple build that doesn't fall apart in 100 pieces if played with.

But so far I personally haven't been interested in any of the 4+ sets.

Edited by TeriXeri

Didn't we just get off of a police wave over the summer? Just saying. 

Sounds like for the winter, City will focus only on action outside the city. 

@Yvonne Matsunaga Btw, can you make the font smaller. 

Edited by Brandon Pea

There is NO way, after the debacle with Shell and GreenPeace's "Campaign", they are making an oil rig. Period, end of sentence.

.....unless LEGO has lost their collective minds.

Edited by Murdoch17

17 minutes ago, Murdoch17 said:

There is NO way, after the debacle with Shell and GreenPeace's "Campaign", they are making an oil rig. Period, end of sentence.

.....unless LEGO has lost their collective minds.

An oil rig is likely under Creator Expert and given the Octan badge. But I doubt it'll be under City. Might have to flag that one for false info. 

Edited by Brandon Pea