16 hours ago, someguy827 said:

Well it’s a YouTube video set to premier on Friday, and two of the tags associated with it are: “modular” and “police station”. I think that if they were revealing the gardens, the tags would give it away immediately. Also it’s about time for lego to reveal the next modular anyway. ?

16 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

noooooooooo........ come on lego??? I dont get why they dont revealed it sooner. why wait until the last minute?

The modular was most likely revealed by accident...

The Gardens set is the best opportunity to get "boring" figures like the police chief, Gayle Gossip, Cyrus Borg, etc. I'm crossing my fingers we get a few and not a bunch of random city minifigures pulled from other sets.

For those who hadn't seen yet: LEGO acknowledge Kirby's passing today and confirmed that S14 will be dedicated to him and that all recordings are finished, making it the last season we'll have our current Cole :cry_sad:

For some reason I’m still doubtful of the gardens existing, which is probably why I’m so interested in them. The price per piece is simply too good to be true, especially with 19 minifigure rumoured. For comparison, (in euros, because that was the price which promobricks claimed), The docks comes in at 6.5, Ninjago city comes in at 6.2, and the gardens apparently come in at 5.3. The only thing that comes even remotely close is the brand new colosseum at 5.5, and that’s only because of how huge it is and how small the parts variety is. Something here is wrong, and I hope it’s just the price that promobricks was given. 

There could be an inordinate number of small pieces that would drive the price per brick down.

15 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

For those who hadn't seen yet: LEGO acknowledge Kirby's passing today and confirmed that S14 will be dedicated to him and that all recordings are finished, making it the last season we'll have our current Cole :cry_sad:

So sad. Technically their message said Kirby recorded 2021 episodes, so I take that to mean he'd already recorded Season 15 as well as 14.

24 minutes ago, someguy827 said:

For some reason I’m still doubtful of the gardens existing, which is probably why I’m so interested in them. The price per piece is simply too good to be true, especially with 19 minifigure rumoured. For comparison, (in euros, because that was the price which promobricks claimed), The docks comes in at 6.5, Ninjago city comes in at 6.2, and the gardens apparently come in at 5.3. The only thing that comes even remotely close is the brand new colosseum at 5.5, and that’s only because of how huge it is and how small the parts variety is. Something here is wrong, and I hope it’s just the price that promobricks was given. 

There's not really any reason to doubt the set's existence, rumored D2C sets don't just disappear after getting multiple different rumors from credible sources for months on end. The price per piece being too good to be true doesn't have to be the case either. Ninjago City came in at 4867 pieces, 19 figures (like the gardens) and a retail price of $300. It's not unreasonable to think that instead of using a variety of larger pieces like City did Gardens just uses a lot of small pieces (there aren't a lot of large plant pieces anyway). 

3 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

There's not really any reason to doubt the set's existence, rumored D2C sets don't just disappear after getting multiple different rumors from credible sources for months on end. The price per piece being too good to be true doesn't have to be the case either. Ninjago City came in at 4867 pieces, 19 figures (like the gardens) and a retail price of $300. It's not unreasonable to think that instead of using a variety of larger pieces like City did Gardens just uses a lot of small pieces (there aren't a lot of large plant pieces anyway). 

well from the outline promo bricks gave us, most of the garden stuff seems to be on the 16x32 baseplate with the pagoda, so it will certainly be interesting to see how they incorporate it all. also, The LEGO exclusive outline was revealed, looks nothing like the gardens outline we got of promo bricks. police station it is. I am a little upset that it isn't the gardens though.....  interesting to hear about how season 14 voiceing has already been done, even more intrigued to hear that the rest of 2021 has been done as well.we could have him for season 15. 

1 hour ago, someguy827 said:

This set has been too credibly rumored to be fake now. Maybe it just has a great PPP; Ninjago is notorious for putting out great-valued sets  most of the time. We just need to be patient and wait for our first glimpse at it.

12 hours ago, Lego David said:

I am curious to see if they are going to dare make this set 18+, like they did for pretty much most of the D2C sets this year. I have a feeling there is a strong chance at that, but the Ninjago IP (which is almost exclusively aimed at children) might prevent them from doing that. 

I imagine this will be the same age range as its predecessors. Diagon Alley didn’t have the 18+ theme on it, so this set will probably follow suit. (Unless this set is depicting the Ninja smoking and going to R-Rated movies. :laugh:)

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

Never understood the market for clone D2C sets. Why pay 150 for a knock off with inferior quality and negligible resale value when the real thing is 250?

Me either. Not only are clone D2Cs always just a cheap replica of the real thing, buying them is akin to supporting blatant plagiarism and theft in my eyes.

On a sadder note, I’m still in shock about Kirby Morrow’s death. I never would have expected to hear that the Black Panther and the Ninja of Earth would both pass away this year.

14 hours ago, Lego David said:

I am curious to see if they are going to dare make this set 18+, like they did for pretty much most of the D2C sets this year. I have a feeling there is a strong chance at that, but the Ninjago IP (which is almost exclusively aimed at children) might prevent them from doing that. 

I surely hope not. If they make gardens 18+ then the box will most likely be the horrible black one. I love ninjago D2C boxart so I will personally be very disappointed. I can't imagine that they'd make it 18+ because it's ninjago but then again... lego did make sesame street :pir-bawling:

2 hours ago, Generic Stud said:

I surely hope not. If they make gardens 18+ then the box will most likely be the horrible black one. I love ninjago D2C boxart so I will personally be very disappointed. I can't imagine that they'd make it 18+ because it's ninjago but then again... lego did make sesame street :pir-bawling:

Surely there’ll be no black box or 18+ moniker. This is Ninjago, a kids theme that’s run for a decade now.

It’ll be 16+ like ‘City or if less complex 12+ like Docks. And there’ll be box art, as unlike the other recent D2C sets, it’s not a standalone but the third part of a modular series and so calls for a background that highlights that.

1 hour ago, Lucarex said:

Surely there’ll be no black box or 18+ moniker. This is Ninjago, a kids theme that’s run for a decade now.

It’ll be 16+ like ‘City or if less complex 12+ like Docks. And there’ll be box art, as unlike the other recent D2C sets, it’s not a standalone but the third part of a modular series and so calls for a background that highlights that.

I agree, no way they’ll do an 18+ box. This isn’t a D2C like the ecto or Sesame Street, this is just a supersized set releasing alongside another Ninjago wave.

My best guess is that the set may exist, but the price will definitely be higher.

Mind me or don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the season 14 lego set images. Now those look cooler and better then the "10th anniversary" wave bruh.

2 hours ago, JintaiZ said:

My best guess is that the set may exist, but the price will definitely be higher.

It’s a strange situation, as all the prices promobricks gave for those recently revealed Ninjago sets seem very accurate, so it doesn’t make sense for that one to be wrong.

42 minutes ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Mind me or don't mind me, I'm just waiting for the season 14 lego set images. Now those look cooler and better then the "10th anniversary" wave bruh.

Agreed, I’m really liking the idea of jungle tribe stuff. The guardian village sounds the most interesting to me personally.

4 hours ago, Gangikhan448 said:

Those sets don't come out untill March so it'll probably be a while before they appear somewhere. 

10 hours ago, someguy827 said:

It’s a strange situation, as all the prices promobricks gave for those recently revealed Ninjago sets seem very accurate, so it doesn’t make sense for that one to be wrong.

Then again, promobricks said the price could be up to $500 in the comments section...

1 hour ago, JintaiZ said:

Then again, promobricks said the price could be up to $500 in the comments section...

Oh my god, $500 does not sound good at all. That would put the Canadian price at around $650 probably ?. My guess is $350, which would keep the exact same excellent PPP of Ninjago city, and be lower than the PPP of the Docks, which makes sense because it’s a much larger set. Makes me wonder what other facts about the set are up in the air if promobricks isn’t entirely sure about the price. 

Stonewars.de has almost confirmed that the price would be 299.99 EUR, and it would have 5561 pieces. Release date is still unknown at the moment, but I think it's unlikely for it to be released in January.

Edited by JintaiZ

3 minutes ago, JintaiZ said:

Stonewars.de has almost confirmed that the price would be 299.99 EUR, and it would have 5561 pieces. Release date is still unknown at the moment, but I think it's unlikely for it to be released in January.

but why would it be unlikely? ninjagos annerversery is on the 14th of jan, it would be horrible if it didn't line up. anyways, we gotta remember that this is a lego exclusive, and only they will reveal the pictures. im really hoping this thing does release on January 1st. im really hoping. anyone got any info to contradict what jintaiZ says? I really dont want this to be true.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

but why would it be unlikely? ninjagos annerversery is on the 14th of jan, it would be horrible if it didn't line up. anyways, we gotta remember that this is a lego exclusive, and only they will reveal the pictures. im really hoping this thing does release on January 1st. im really hoping. anyone got any info to contradict what jintaiZ says? I really dont want this to be true.

I'm sorry to disappoint, but there's already some sets that would be coming out in March instead of January. That is why I'm assuming this.

Just now, JintaiZ said:

I'm sorry to disappoint, but there's already some sets that would be coming out in March instead of January. That is why I'm assuming this.

im aware of the march 1st release, but promo bricks has said that it will be a lego exclusive release on jan 1st, and then a wide release on march 1st. however, they also said that about the overlord dragon, but we have pics of that now so im not too sure.

Just now, a guy from somewhere said:

im aware of the march 1st release, but promo bricks has said that it will be a lego exclusive release on jan 1st, and then a wide release on march 1st. however, they also said that about the overlord dragon, but we have pics of that now so im not too sure.

Exactly. That's what they said about it in the past but stonewars.de made an update about the sets.

6 minutes ago, a guy from somewhere said:

You do know that LEGO doesn't give a crap about the exact date right? The entire year is Ninjago's 10th Anniversary so they can pretty much release the set any time they want :shrug_oh_well:

4 hours ago, a guy from somewhere said:

The exact day that the show first premiered in the US isn't necessarily what LEGO considers the anniversary of the franchise. The entire year is the tenth one since Ninjago began.

Edited by GarmaFan