I have tried a red version, but the panels are MUCH more expensive in that color.

An orange version, however, was quite cheap when building from a 42093!

2 hours ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

I built it in dark azure with black rims because these are the tones of the blue car in 42098, but I'm not sure it's the best pick...

It's cool to see in those different colors, but if I'm not mistaken those wheel covers don't exist in black. :sad:

10 hours ago, Celeri said:

I have tried a red version, but the panels are MUCH more expensive in that color.

It's the panels making up the doors that are ridiculously expensive on BL. They could be replaced by the version with more pinholes. (Or get a handful from ali....)

On 3/28/2022 at 5:30 PM, astyanax said:

It's the panels making up the doors that are ridiculously expensive on BL.

Yup the cheapest ones in Australia are $13 a piece... So far I've had success avoided them and designed with the shorter 7l panels and other methods instead. Hopefully the rumoured Ferrari UCS brings them back and makes them a bit cheaper.

47 minutes ago, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Lime looks nice, and panels in that color aren't overly expensive.

Lime looks good! Would be my favourite colour so far.

The lbg rims look awesome. In my eyes the car looks more grown-up to me now, not like a toy car anymore.

Nevertheless I would like to see the car with white rims too, like classic rally cars have sometimes. I'm just not sure what body color might fit then... 

Edited by XTN

2 hours ago, XTN said:

The lbg rims look awesome. In my eyes the car looks more grown-up to me now, not like a toy car anymore.

Nevertheless I would like to see the car with white rims too, like classic rally cars have sometimes. I'm just not sure what body color might fit then... 

Orange?

y4mndqYgi7cOh1OwV7LOxaokK_v34a2NSUiCs4aO

y4malKIvnQHr4mse_K8_3nEtQScHL4o0dElWYDhG

Cute! Getting rid of the black rims indeed helps with the looks, imo. I ordered parts for the lime version. :pir-blush:

On 3/30/2022 at 12:44 AM, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Orange?

Sweet :thumbup:

I got some lime!
This allowed to get rid of LBG/DBG placeholders, now I finally have a nice consistant colour scheme.

y4moa-3CCvcXRU762YGOuNuwbAsai1dHH4Up5_55

y4m768nXfdT_xgntJzcG9qHtrlFCpXrbVPdzjKtg

Last modification before starting with the instructions, the area behind the seats got smoothed and improved to also add rigidity. Oh, and there are pedals now too.

y4mVFRRZsESGt7dnOZWEF9pFSaLIW_URJOY7Rk-_

Thanks for watching!

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy

On 4/5/2022 at 9:13 PM, piterx said:

i love it so much!! great job dude

Thanks a lot! :wub:

Hopefully, you'll be able to build one for yourself soon. We're working on the instructions. We kept the lime version as shown above, along with this orange:

y4m2YVbcfjHAoMkXujf6wqhU4NHhhW4PP2VUai_6

as final variants. Of course, everyone is free to pick any colour, but these two are both nice looking and not too expensive.

Edited by 1980SomethingSpaceGuy

Hi all,

The MOC has (at last!) been published, you can find it on Rebrickable.

Looking forward to getting your feedback, either on the model or on the instructions! :)

Saw the car on RB last night. Great to see it there in it's final state with all these perfect details that have already been mentioned above.

The color choice is fine, the pictures are awesome.

A big surprise for me was the jack... What a cool addition!
I had to build it right away. It fits in the storage compartments of my yellow wrecker and it can lift one of my passenger cars.

Thanks Celeri for the great job and the link to the instructions on Rebrickable!

Thanks XTN for your kind feedback. Could you please share a pic of your build? I just find it amazing that somebody I've never seen actually has one of my designs somewhere...
Cheers!

Great job. Will definitely get instruction, when paypal will be unblocked in my country.

On 1/7/2023 at 10:46 PM, 1980SomethingSpaceGuy said:

Thanks XTN for your kind feedback. Could you please share a pic of your build? I just find it amazing that somebody I've never seen actually has one of my designs somewhere...
Cheers!

Posted some pics in my garage - including link to your post, hope you're okay with that:

XTN's garage - Page 3 - LEGO Technic, Mindstorms, Model Team and Scale Modeling - Eurobricks Forums

Edited by XTN