Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[OL - Challenge III - Cat D1] Skirmish on the seas

ch3_catd1_copy.png

Off the coast, a junk commanded by mercenaries hired by Carno came upon an attacking force of Lotii soldiers in canoes. Carno's other ships were tied up in other engagements, so their foreign mercenaries would have to do.
ch3_catd1_copy_2.png

"Surely we can take these rabblerousers!" the captain yelled. "Get ready to loose arrows and fire the hwacha!"
ch3_catd1_copy_3.png
ch3_catd1_copy_4.png

But the Lotii boats were too small and spreadout for the hwacha's missiles to accurately wipe out the oncoming assault.
ch3_catd1_copy_5.png
ch3_catd1_copy_6.png

Gilbert, who had been tasked to explore the Lotus Kingdom and found himself assisting the Lotii, helped lead the attack. "Keep us spread out. Musketeers! Fire on their archers!"
ch3_catd1_copy_7.png

The rowers rowed as fast as they could.
ch3_catd1_copy_8.png

The Lotii commander fired shots from his pistol.

ch3_catd1_copy_9.png
William, in the same figurative boat as his friend Gilbert, his trusty boarding axe in hand, shouted, "Alright, boys! Once we can board, use those glaives to clear the decks. I don't see any swordsmen on there, and it looks like no guns, so put up a good fight!"

Edited by KotZ
Story clarification

It's a cool build! Great junk, and those ranks of archers stir a guy's soul.

I'm a bit worried about what sides everyone's on, though; Hwacha and Junks are both very oriental, which would be more appropriate for the Lotus Kingdom. Carno are inspired by Northern Europe. 

Furtgermore, all of the BoBS nations are supposed to be aligned with Carno against the Lotii, so you're going to be fighting against everyone else in the game, here. 

Nice Junk. But Carno isn't supposed to use junk. Usually they have guns and cannons on brigs and galleons...

Did they steal this junk to their Lotii enemies to turn it against them ?

I am not sure you would like to help The Lotus Empire after seing all the power raised against them... :pir-tongue: but you're free tot try... :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

Furtgermore, all of the BoBS nations are supposed to be aligned with Carno against the Lotii, so you're going to be fighting against everyone else in the game, here. 

Are they? I thought it was cool someone choose the other side..

I like the build as well! 

Nice battle scene, the shape and the colour of that junk remind me Oriental Expedition or maybe early Ninja sets, don't if you did it purposely but it's a nice rendition. 

3 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

I'm a bit worried about what sides everyone's on, though; Hwacha and Junks are both very oriental, which would be more appropriate for the Lotus Kingdom. Carno are inspired by Northern Europe. 

One possible explanation is both sides were using mercenaries, than @KotZ just needs to mend the text a little bit, arguing that the junk was crewed by Carno mercenaries fighting for Lotus  and the Lotii on the canoes were in fact OL foreign legionnaires.:pir-grin:

5 hours ago, Ross Fisher said:

5 hours ago, Faladrin said:

Nice Junk. But Carno isn't supposed to use junk. Usually they have guns and cannons on brigs and galleons...

Did they steal this junk to their Lotii enemies to turn it against them ?

I am not sure you would like to help The Lotus Empire after seing all the power raised against them... :pir-tongue: but you're free tot try... :pir-grin:

2 hours ago, Bodi said:

One possible explanation is both sides were using mercenaries, than @KotZ just needs to mend the text a little bit, arguing that the junk was crewed by Carno mercenaries fighting for Lotus  and the Lotii on the canoes were in fact OL foreign legionnaires.:pir-grin:

.... ****....:pir-laugh: Hang on, give me a minute to edit this...

It's a cool build! Great junk, and those ranks of archers stir a guy's soul.

Nice battle scene, the shape and the colour of that junk remind me Oriental Expedition or maybe early Ninja sets, don't if you did it purposely but it's a nice rendition. 

As for the builds, thanks! I took a lot of inspiration from Orient Expedition, actually.

Nice junk and interesting battle scene! The fact that your men are only a couple of mariners aggregated to a Lotii patrol, rather than an actual contingent or a mercenary force, was a clever move to show the "other side" of the war without directly facing the Carnites, your Oleonese compatriots or, even worse, our friends from Corrington, Eslandola or the Free Islands... that would have been a real pity! :pir_laugh2:

1 hour ago, Keymonus said:

Nice junk and interesting battle scene! The fact that your men are only a couple of mariners aggregated to a Lotii patrol, rather than an actual contingent or a mercenary force, was a clever move to show the "other side" of the war without directly facing the Carnites, your Oleonese compatriots or, even worse, our friends from Corrington, Eslandola or the Free Islands... that would have been a real pity! :pir_laugh2:

I kind of boxed myself in with William and Gilbert seeing Lotus lands and forgetting a few challenges to get them out.:pir-grin: