The most special part of this vehicle is the front axle.

It has got a tilting mechanism so the car can drive through the turns without falling on a side.

The tilting and steering is powered by a single servo motor.

Tilting-car-2.jpg

The rear wheel is powered by a L motor. The gear ratio can be easily changed. I found the ratio 5:3 as a best option.

Tilting-car-3.jpg

More photos and building instructions can be found on my website https://tomastechnic.com/.

Edited by Tomas TECHNIC

Like it!

Might the off-road motorcycle tyres be suitable to give it a bit more clearance?

Corresponding extra length of swing arm would make the suspension softer, more off-road suitable.

Edited by amorti

5 hours ago, amorti said:

Like it!

Might the off-road motorcycle tyres be suitable to give it a bit more clearance?

Corresponding extra length of swing arm would make the suspension softer, more off-road suitable.

Thanks. It could be better with larger wheels and longer arsm but I don't have motorcycle tyres so I made this vehicle small and fast. The most funny to drive with this is when using gear ratio 3:1.

5 hours ago, Bluehose said:

Nice feature ! What is the mechanism ?

Thank you. More informations can be found on my website https://tomastechnic.com/.

6 hours ago, Didumos69 said:

Very nice!

Thank you!

15 hours ago, Jurss said:

Nice

Thanks!

15 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

That's pretty amazing. If this tilt mechanism would be larger, could it be made driven? 

Thank you. I think it could be made driven. In fact it is just a standard independent suspension with changing ground clearance.

16 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

That's pretty amazing. If this tilt mechanism would be larger, could it be made driven? 

Might be tricky.

I think the length of the wishbone changes quite a bit, and you'd be relying on the old CV joints (which probably won't give enough angle) sliding up and down on a CV axle.