Celloguy

All the stages of Wine Making in a single MOC

Wine Making

Wine Making

Wine Making

Wine Making

Wine Making

A creation I made for CCC 18 months ago, depicting all the stages of winemaking. I learned a lot from researching how this was done in Medieval times! Was very happy when it came first in the category it was in.

Here are the stages depicted:

-Tilling the ground 
-Planting seeds (try to spot them!)
-Collecting chicken manure as fertiliser (including one chicken in the process of making some of the fresh stuff!)
-Watering the seedlings using watering pots - they have a thumb release on the top which releases the water. Ingenious!
-Hoeing and weeding using domesticated pig varieties that eat vegetation without excessively digging up the ground, like other breeds. (Important not to use their dung as manure! - it’s full of worms that are harmful to humans.)
-Ripening (the four rows represent progressive stages of the vines maturing)
-Picking/harvesting in autumn (hence the autumnal tree in this area of the MOC)
-Stomping and pressing. (How widespread the use of feet for pressing grapes has ever been is disputed as grape presses of Roman age have been found. It has been used sometimes, and it makes good sense as a method because one doesn’t want to release the bitter tannins by crushing the seeds, but it is inefficient and so hard to imagine it was widely used. As such I also included a design for a mechanical press.)
-Bottling/Labelling
-Storing/fermenting (in the basement)
-Selling (off to market! This is the oldest part of the build - it's inspired by a Lego ideas book, and was my first castle themed build after my dark ages I think. In one of the photos you can see it has a set of hinged steps for loading.)

Very nice. You missed one stage - although the guy in the cowl might be doing it - drinking it!

2 hours ago, MAB said:

Very nice. You missed one stage - although the guy in the cowl might be doing it - drinking it!

Haha, thanks! The guy in cowl is actually labelling  - he has a paint brush in his hand! There is a guy drinking it in the fourth photo by the house. :)

The minifig hands for thatched roofs never fails!  Really nice MOC here, love the stone building and how you incorporated those 3-leaf pieces into the vines.

Well, with the sampling part covered, you catched it all.
Very educative creation, not to mention beautiful.

When I saw the title, at first I thought

”Did someone just complete the Summer Joust group challenge in under 9 days...by himself!?”

Evidently this is not the case, but that makes this MOC no less amazing! Lots of great little details.

I especially like the different stages of ripening, the brick built chicken coop and blackbird(raven?), and also how you made a nice slot for the seeds.I also like how you put the historically more plausible grape pressing method in it, as well as the romanticised “stomping with the feet”

Really the only thing that struck me as a bit odd is the width of the tree in the first and fourth picture, although it looks lovely again in the second

Also gave you my support on the Bubble Scouts!

So well constructed and ordered you can really appreciate the phases.
Thanks for sharing. :)

On 6/11/2020 at 3:04 AM, mrcp6d said:

The minifig hands for thatched roofs never fails!  Really nice MOC here, love the stone building and how you incorporated those 3-leaf pieces into the vines.

Cheers! Those newish 3 leaf pieces are perfect for grapevines, and hadn't seen them done like this before! Glad you like the hands - again I'd seen them all lined up in a regular manner, but I wanted them to look more chaotic for a slightly messy thatched roof!

On 6/11/2020 at 1:03 PM, Ravelino said:

When I saw the title, at first I thought

”Did someone just complete the Summer Joust group challenge in under 9 days...by himself!?”

Evidently this is not the case, but that makes this MOC no less amazing! Lots of great little details.

I especially like the different stages of ripening, the brick built chicken coop and blackbird(raven?), and also how you made a nice slot for the seeds.I also like how you put the historically more plausible grape pressing method in it, as well as the romanticised “stomping with the feet”

Really the only thing that struck me as a bit odd is the width of the tree in the first and fourth picture, although it looks lovely again in the second

Also gave you my support on the Bubble Scouts!

Thank you!! So glad it spoke to you. It is a Raven - would have to be as it's raven scaled by minifigure standards. 

Yes the tree is a cross section of the trunk, perhaps would have been better if I included the entire thing. :) 

and THANK YOU on the Bubble Scout Support - means a lot!

On 6/12/2020 at 6:02 PM, Niku said:

So well constructed and ordered you can really appreciate the phases.
Thanks for sharing. :)

Cheers, and you're welcome! Thanks for the nice comment. :)

21 hours ago, Jerry McGlade said:

Awesome model!

Thanks!